Released GTE and Oreca 07 New Tyre Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 5, 2022.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Did a quick test with softest springs (static rideheight to 8.6cm) and compared 10 to 0 packers at 3rd spring on the rear. Couldn't determine any effect or difference on ridegeight here aswell.

Dont like the idea of bumpstop force channels much, because I dont think they have this abillity on the real car.
    But at least some static value of suspension travel left at the damper, shown up at the setup screen, together with suspension ratio would be nice IMO.
    The abillity of using different bumpstop stiffness, would also somethimg that belong to setup, especially for cars with lots of aero downforce. :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

+1 for ability to change bumpstop stiff and ability to see precise suspension travel before bumpstop engage.
    regarding suspension ratio, I don't think NDA/manufacturers will allow them to show suspension ratio and stuff like this , would have been cool.
    but i have seen some math guys figure out close approx.

regarding bumpstop force channel, i think IRL they kinda work out forces.
    they know precisely when bumpstop will hit, they probably also know how much bumpstop itself is compressed.
    then simply look up the graph of bumpstop, travel to force.
    so kinda same thing having a bumpstop force channel.

I think it is valid point to have "realistic" set of motec channel available, then you can work out other things via math.

but i think big chunk of us are noob at motec, including me. who don't know how to work it out with custom math channel, no one shares them either. so having "unrealistic" channels would help alot.

3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Might not be much help to you but you can show the bumpstop travel info in dev mode.

4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

thank you for recommending, i'm aware of that.
    problem is i never got the dlc to work in dev mode....it crashes.
    and another problem is bumpstop range/gap changes with every spring rate change and ride height....thats will be a LOT of back and forth between dev mode and game just to check travel.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I use a SC 2 DD, and when I lock the brake just a little bit, I have a flatspot, then the wheel has very strong vibrations + oscillations all the time, it's undrivable, I have to stop the hotlap session.
    I'm forced to remove tyre wear to not have these vibrations and oscillations.
    No way to only remove the flatspot feature ? I only hotlap, I don't need this feature.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    avenger82 likes this.
  6. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

When you have flat spot
    Use key "I" to bascule on IA
    After 5 sec. Use key "I" and flat spot are disappear

avenger82 likes this.
  7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

nice idea, but not ideal, simplier to remove tyre wear.
    And to be honnest, I have tyre wear OFF, flag OFF, cut limit OFF, AI OFF, shadows OFF, NO rain and NO night, and the game is very good like that for hotlap.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If I recall correctly, they cannot just remove the flat spotting as it's part of the tire's basic construction. The method described above is a hack and should be looked at by S397 to eliminate that exploit. Fanatec pedals can be setup to make it harder to lock up the tires and reduce the flatspotting instances, as well as adjusting the brake curve and pedal pressure in game. Learning the tire may be the best method and just 'don't' put them in a situation that risks flat spotting.

Simulation_Player and memoNo1 like this.
  9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

is it normal that a 1/2 seconds with locking brake can transform the FFB with my SC2 to a undrivable way, with so much vibrations and oscillations. I can't lock the brake once, or my session or race is ruined.
    The flatspot FFB is too much strong and makes my car undrivable with a SC2 pro.
    I'm lucky, I can remove the tyre wear that removes the flatspot FFB, but I hope a % slider FFB strenght for the flatspot effec for the offline users.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  10. green serpent

green serpent Registered

In a split second a locked tyre can obviously travel a long distance along the road surface depending on your speed. Small lockups you can definitely get away with especially if they are on the less loaded inside wheel. However I do get it...I find myself braking less hard than I probably should most of the time because I don't want to ruin the on track session, and I can't bring myself to turn tyre wear off. On the other hand I do like the fact that there are consequences for making mistake and pushing too hard.

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

try with lower braking pressure,... in any case you should increase the smoothing depending on the steering wheel, but if you have a very low value sometimes it is exaggerated

12. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

You can, in the settings somewhere. Tire wear = Off. It turns off all kinds of tire wear, of course.

13. McFlex

McFlex Registered

When you only do hotlaps i assume you don't need tire wear feature so everything should be fine for you ;)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

like I have said in another post, the best way to use the rF2 features, it's to remove them;)

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that the flat spot effect in rfactor2 is to much exaggerated. You block your tires just a little and the steering wheel vibrates like crazy. I dint believe in this real life this effect is that much strong. Hamilton is known for blocking his anteriors and he wouldn’t finish any race if tye effect is like this in real life!

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

It always depends on how hard and how long you push the blocked tire over the track.
    Sometimes I have a very fine rattle and if I brake too suddenly, I have a very strong rattle.
    It really is nothing more than pure practice.
    as a tip, set the brake sensitivity to zero ingame.
    And the brake pressure 3 to 4 clicks further down.
    And gently press the brake pedal.

17. lagg

lagg Registered

Hamilton usually blocks his interior front tire when it's almost in the air. The tire doesn't have charge at that moment.
    There are a lot of samples in F1 where the driver has to pit after a flats pot and there has been broken suspensions due to this.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    RaceNut and vava74 like this.
  18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have hydraulic pedals and I have Sim3D rumble kit . I press the brake pedals very hard ( 80-90kg) then when the tire start to block and I feel the rumble motor kicks i gently release a bit to gain rotation then again press again . I don’t flat spot my tires but when I do the effect is very strong specially on a DD steering wheels bases. However yes in qualifying sessions I set brake pressure to 98-100% but in race I set it to 92-90% …. You will lose some lap time but you will save your tires for more laps.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In reality, it has a lot of vibrations. In fact, on many occasions, it even changes wheels for a braking pass.... if you have a dddrive, raise the smoothing to 12 or 14, it all depends on the steering wheel you use....if you take it in low values it is very strong

GTClub_wajdi and memoNo1 like this.
  20. vava74

vava74 Registered

Rumble kits are notoriously fun and... notoriously conducive to less brake accuracy...
    As for the flat spot effect being too much... I would say that there very very very few occasions in which you see a driver flat-spotting his tyres and not pitting almost immediately.

EricW likes this.