Released July 2022 Release Candidate Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I would like to have more detailed info about this from someone of the staff, please...

2. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Can some one explain what violations they mean? Pit exit line crossing or unsafe pit release?
    • Pit Lane Exit violations are now logged and penalized accordingly (May require content updates)

3. Hebree

Hebree Registered

Really great features in this new update. Unfortunately the ai don’t use the same physics and there tire temps don’t change. So you will be slower or faster depending on track temperature.

avenger82 likes this.
  4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Didn't tested it yet, but i would like to have an answer about grip changes and tire behaviour/pressures like the one @machine posted...

5. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Great guys

6. shiet

shiet Registered

The testing in this video is not long enough.

The tire flexibility and hysteresis is constantly changing during a race. If the tire is cool then there is little flexibility and hysteresis -> less grip. If it's too high then the compound tears itself apart --> less grip. Both resulting in less grip for different reasons. That's why we have predetermined ideal tire temperature windows where tire flexibility and hysteresis is at maximum.

Tire surface temperature affects the tire inner temperature which changes much slower and goes up during a stint. The tire core temperature also changes according to the tread thickness. The thinner it is the faster the temperature drop.
    RFactor only shows the tire surface temperature but not the inner temperature.

Back to the video: at higher ambient and road temperatures the grip is better initially but as the inner temperature rises (with higher road temperature to higher degrees) the tire wears off faster resulting in grip loss.
    With low temperatures what should've happened in a longer test is the tires unable to reach the optimal temperature so the grip is constantly lower than ideal but at the same time the tire wear is much slower.
    So in the video the guy should've done more laps to see this effect taking place.
    That's the theory irl if I remember correctly. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    GeraArg and Rui Santos like this.
  7. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Very keen to try out this new update! One thing that I would really love is for the real road to get a visual update. I feel like you get to a certain amount of real road and nothing more changes visually (maybe due to my graphics settings being too low I don't know). If you keep pounding around a track for a prolonged period of time, I would love to see more and more debris build up on track, and the rubbered in line getting darker/appearence changing over time. Maybe it already does do this but i havn't really been able to notice to be honest, but once it's saturated it seems to not change. It should just keep developing. Even things like grass around kerbs to start getting worn etc?

Anyway, amazing update and hopefully this kind of progress continues!

DmitryRUS and sg333 like this.
  8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

nice, so i get the lights even with tc and abs OFF.

9. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

New HUD. Need new HUD.

FS7, EricW, Kahel and 3 others like this.
  10. Leynad

Leynad Registered

Nice when it once really works, but two total Windows-crashes (McLaren GTR @ Brands, Porsche Cup @ Laguna) and one CTD within four launches and minutes into a session I wouldn't call "Release Candidate". I wouldn't even call 'beta'.

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

+1

While there is *some* visual real road differences in corners and braking zones, its just the same repeated texture all around the track otherwise.

green serpent likes this.
  12. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Something for consideration when you're trying out the track temps: The max ambient and max track temp is 60 degrees. In reality, if the ambient air temp was 60degrees (never happened in recorded history) then the track temp with the sun out would most likely be some 15 - 25 degrees hotter at around 80 degrees - out of the range of the simulator.

So with that in mind, the hottest you're ever going to race a car in real life in probably 40 degrees ambient temperature - race cars just are not designed for temperatures higher than this, and nor are humans for that matter.

I've just had a little test and the tyre behaviour is working as expected. At 30 degrees ambient, the track is around 43 degrees, and the tyres are much hotter, slightly over temperature, and life is notably shorter if I attempt to overdrive the car. Compared to 5 degrees ambient and 15 degrees track temp, the tyres are just on the lower end of operating temperatures, last much longer, and that's with overdriving.

In this test, the car and driving style was much more suited to a 15 degree track temperature.

Kahel likes this.
  13. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

It is dynamic. There are two groove textures that blend in. Dust will clear off, marbles wear in.

Kahel, Lars, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  14. machine

machine Registered

It's great, but the grip levels going up as it gets hotter? Seems upside down to me. I have watched Nascar for over 10 years. The tracks always gets slicker when hotter. The night time produces faster speeds as the track is grippier. And the engine produces more power in the cool of the night. Even Bathurst, they talk about a slick track in hot weather. Is this adjustable?

15. green serpent

green serpent Registered

A guess on my part, but maybe a warmer track has more grip than a cold track, but then over a certain heat a track actually loses a bit of grip. So then relative to that overly hot track, a cooler track has more grip.

16. doddynco

doddynco Registered

I found I had more grip with cooler temperatures in my test...

It's the relationship between the track and the tyres optimum temperature. The track doesn't get faster or slower by itself. They don't exist, but hypothetically you could have tyres where peak friction occurs at 5 degrees Celsius.

17. machine

machine Registered

I did 2 short 10 lap runs at Chicagoland Motor Speedway in Stockcar 2018. Results below.
    I was expecting much more grip at 50degF than at 100degF. But the tyres did overheat much quicker as expected. Same setup on both tests.

New_Track_Temp_Comparison.jpg

Spyro, Kahel, TJones and 2 others like this.
  18. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

It depends of tyres, if the track is cold and you don't get enough temperature, you don't get any grip. So, your tyres and your setup or your driving style have a lot of influence. You need to work in a range for optimal Grid, but of course with very hot track, you overheat the tyres and everything is slippery without grip, and tyre wear is heavy

ebeninca likes this.
  19. doddynco

doddynco Registered

View attachment 46218 [/QUOTE]
    So yeh you're faster for the first two laps but then you kind of overheat/wear prematurely in the heat - that's exactly what to expect.

Something to take from that is, at 50degF, drive as fast as you can from the start. At 100degF, taking care of your tyres, and sacrificing half a second or so early on and keeping your tyre temps down will likely pay off in over the course of the stint.

This is excellent and gives a whole new level of tyre management in RF2.

20. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, what means the 5 value just next to the track limits selector on the dedicated settings ? Is it a limit before some kind of penalty ?
    Thanks.