Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Following

Binny likes this.
  2. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

I have a problem with oculus rift, it only does it with porsche cup, every now and then it seems that the left lens turns off for a fraction of a second. I had read somewhere that someone else had the same problem but I can't find where.

3. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

I second this, I can reproduce the issue in any track driving the porche cup, there is like a corruption or a lense turn off (left lense) I tried drivers updates and downgrade for Oculus and steamvr and the issue persists

This does not happens driving any other car even the newer models, so definitely is not system or drivers issue, is something whit the Porsche cup model (Rfactor2 issue)

4. Andrea Frollo

Andrea Frollo Registered

Left lens, I confirm.

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Had same on HP2 - did not test for weeks. Will try again.

6. Magus

Magus Registered

I get this with both the S396 Porsche cup and the mod Porsche GT4 cup with HP Reverb G1v2.

7. Just a suggestion as it is hard to read 136 pages ;-)

I was using VR until the beginning of the year but I noticed a difference in the graphics on wet tracks (especially reflection as I could see the drying track hardly in VR, whereas in triple screen setup it was no problem ... and I tried all settings in graphics).

Some days ago I decided to give it a go again because of all the updates, but I remember that there have been recommendations which drivers to use for graphics card and some more.

Wouldn't it be possible to have such information in the very first thread or in a pinned (new) thread? Would help (me) a lot I think.

Binny likes this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

currently nvidia 516.40 in VR works very well for me, the first post is a good idea, but with so many pages and so many opinions to find some help in the comments ufff....if we are looking for something specific we will have to review the entire thread of new.... hopefully they will make a native rfactor for VR and I hope that one day they fix the issue of being able to ride in the car of all the race participants, which is impossible as it is an odd number of drivers:confused::cool:

memoNo1 and Deleted member 58016 like this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. Thanks for information - I think I will try it :)

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

well we all try to contribute a little, it will benefit everyone, thank you very much for your words

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

we need oculus VR

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I would say a native VR in rfactor so as not to depend on steamVR… it gives me that studio 397 is not about to do it

Hazi likes this.
  15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yes i thonk they said that VR is not their near future focus or plans

16. Binny

Binny Guest

WOW you would think it would get optimized as the sim does, just means we will all have to rely on a 3rd party till it hits their list of priorities, imagine the outcry if that happened with triple or single screen it would be looked at ASAP i bet.

memoNo1 likes this.
  17. Binny

Binny Guest

I would suggest contacting the person who opened the thread Adrianstealth to get him to maybe update the 1st page.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I'm almost 95% sure that yes

memoNo1 likes this.
  19. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

Can confirm it, too.
    The reason seems to be whenever another car on track crosses the start/finish line, at exact that moment the left lens goes black for a brief moment.

It was pretty easy to find out, as on nords I could drive like ~10 minutes without issues, but then sporadically the same moment crewchief told me someone did a laptime as the lense goes black. Just watched on my positioning and when it changed because someone ahead of me posted a new lap time, it happend all the time.

So, should be something easy to catch from here for S397?

20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hello my friends
    I'm looking for an adjustable VR hud where i can move the tire hud to the middle, because before you know that in VR mode the tire hud is on the far right, and while driving i can't look at it. Has there someone what of you where you can adjust the hud?
    I know there is a VR hud mode in the steam workshop, but unfortunately it doesn't work there, tio push the tire hud into the middle.