[REL] MIXHUD (SHQM + Tiny Compact HUD) for UltraWide Monitors

Discussion in 'Other' started by Diego Barjollo, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

In the 2021 Summer I made a modification of my favorite HUDs, mixing things of both SHQM HUD and Tiny Compact HUD, to adapt it to the dimensions of my UltraWide monitor, to be able to see the black boxes of information on both sides of the monitor, and not centered. For this, changing the value in the .ini from 1920x1080 to 2560x1080 was enough. Now with the new UI, the widescreen option has been removed, the areas on either sides of the virtual mirror were empty and I had to modified it again.
    In March 2022 I bought a 49" monitor with a 5120x1440 resolution, so I changed it again to these values. 3440x1440 version also added at the request of @Gordon Carter.
    All three versions are available for download below to manual installation and also Main version (5120x1440) is on Steam Workshop for subscribe and get automatic updates.

All changes and modifications from the beginning:
    • Removed the information of revs., speed and gear indicator from the SHQM, which was in front of the majority of the car dashboards.
    • A little label with the current gear and speed is placed at the right of the steering wheel, it is set so as not to interfere with the information on the vehicles dashboards (old version without pedal gauges).
    • The flags, Penalties, High temp. engine, low fuel indicators, etc. are from TCH.
    • Changed the colors of the Overall Fastest Lap in purple, Personal Fastest Lap in green, Current Lap in white, Self Split in yellow. Fuell used last lap and Estimated fuel laps in tank texts added. This is the main area of the HUD that surrounds the virtual mirror. From SHQM.
    • TCH Font added to some parameters like Best Lap, PositionOutOfMax, LapsOutOfMax, TimeRemaining, Fuel, BestLapTime_For_Current_Slot, etc.
    • Added TCH model of MFD car status replacing the SHQM formula style.
    • Increased the size of the flags (Flags from TCH).
    • Adjusted the size of the message, chat and MFD boxes and included the font of the TCH.
    • All MFD texts have been placed correctly inside the black boxes.
    • MFD size texts increased.
    • Stat bar moved down at the bottom right of the screen, near the MFDs with the track position icons from TCH.
    • Bigger font added.
    • Font issues solved.
    • Small new Tachometer added with all the features inside, included the battery levels or P2P.
    • The pit limiter status and DRS indicators (from SHQM) has been added to the new Tachometer.
    • Pedal inputs added.

This modification is not at all professional, nor detailed, I simply made it for my comfort, but seeing that there is no longer the widescreen option, I share it in case someone finds it useful. Just put it into the folder: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Packages, and install it in game or through ModMgr or subscribe to steam workshop for automatic installation

Many thanks to @svictor and @lonestar29, creators of the Tiny Compact HUD and SHQM HUD respectively.

LINK TO STEAM WORKSHOP (5120X1440 only, updated in May 2023):
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2964060274

LINK TO STEAM WORKSHOP (3440X1440 only, updated in May 2023):
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2982792211

[​IMG]

LINK TO DOWNLOAD 2560x1080 VERSION (last and final update in February 2022): https://www.mediafire.com/file/wbhxl9zwyimk0pn/MIXHUD.rfcmp/file

Greetings.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    bugibow60, mesfigas, pascom and 8 others like this.
  2. Diego Barjollo

In March I bought a 32:9 monitor (49") with a 5120x1440 resolution, so I changed the HUD again to these values.
    The download link is in the first post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    svictor and atomed like this.
  3. Diego Barjollo

5120x1440 MIXHUD version updated:

- TinyCompactHUD (TCH) text Font added to some parameters like Best Lap, PositionOutOfMax, LapsOutOfMax, TimeRemaining, Fuel, BestLapTime_For_Current_Slot, etc.

- Added TCH model of MFD car status replacing the SHQM formula style.

- Increased the size of the flags (Flags from TCH).

- Adjusted the size of the message, chat and MFD boxes and included the text font from the TCH.

Link in First Post.

I can't find the parameterers to change the font text size and to reposition the MFDs, your help would be very welcome @svictor :):):)

4. svictor

svictor Registered

Text font size for MFD is under global HUD variables > TVOP_fontScale.

MFD reposition has a lot restrictions. For example, several MFD pages share one single same background area, that is why if you change one of the background to be smaller/narrower, other MFD pages also get narrower background despite texts are still in the original places (which some texts now floating in empty space).

That's one of the many limitations of RF2 HUD system (uneven font size of driving aid page is another one, and you can't do anything with it), and that's why design compromise is inevitable. The good news is that most of those affected MFD pages ain't used frequently (such as driving aid page).

Diego Barjollo, Corti and atomed like this.
  5. Diego Barjollo

Thank you very much svictor. :)

I think I didn't understand how I can move those texts into the black boxes.:oops:

6. svictor

svictor Registered

To adjust text position, click one of the following MFD menu:
    upload_2022-4-6_21-58-5.png
    Then adjust the options that starts with TVOP. However, several MFD pages share a common background & text position, so there is limitation with position.

Diego Barjollo likes this.
  7. Diego Barjollo

I think I didn't explain it well. What I want to move is the text that you can see underlined in the photo. That text is only displayed when the AI or another driver is in control of the vehicle and you are watching them from their cameras. I want to move it inside the black box where it shoud be.

[​IMG]

svictor likes this.
  8. svictor

svictor Registered

I see, the text option is under global HUD variables > TVOP_smallPosX & TVOP_smallPosY

Corti and Diego Barjollo like this.
  9. Diego Barjollo

Done! Everything looks in its place now.
    Thank you very much svictor, I should treat you to some beers or something! :)

5120x1440 MIXHUD version updated:

- All MFD texts have been placed correctly inside the black boxes.

- MFD size texts increased.

- The size of the the track position icons has been slightly increased.

Link in first post.

svictor, lonestar29 and Corti like this.
  10. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Fantastic Work Diego...i am happy for this Mod!!! Thanks so much

11. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

hello Diego, it looks good and I would be happy to try it but how to set this for a 3440x1440p monitor like the LG I have?
    thanks so much

12. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

note to myself:oops: read the OP properly so you will understand how to do it:D

13. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thank you very much for this HUD Diego!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  14. Diego Barjollo

Hey! Sorry for the late answer. Were you able to change it and make it work?

15. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

I tried it with 3840 x 1080 but there was no difference to your version.
    I must have done something wrong.
    But that's fine with me. You did a great job there.

It would be nice if you could add the new track temperature later.

16. Diego Barjollo

I will try it when the last Release Candidate becomes the stable Build.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    Vanisch likes this.
  17. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

no worries, planning to try this weekend.i will report back for sure.

18. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Can you add this to steam workshop? So when you have a new version everyone gets it automatically updated.

19. Diego Barjollo

The in-game HUD is not something that is updated often enough to be worth having in the Workshop. Also, the process for uploading files to the workshop is too cumbersome to have this there. To be honest, the little time I have right now has me focused on other priorities. In fact, I haven't been able to sit on the simulator for 2 months. As I mentioned in the first post, this HUD is modified for my convenience, and I shared it in case it can be useful to someone else. The few updates that concern the HUD of the game I will be modifying when I can, and I will upload it here.

20. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

realized it needs MAS file editing and rebuilding so need to learn a bit how to do that so sorry but still not tested to adapt it to my monitor resolution
    will try sometimes today hopefully:oops: