No engine sound for “Endurance pack” cars on “stable/previous” build

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by avenger82, Jul 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Hi,

I’m on “Stable/previous” build. Yesterday I decided to race a GTE car from the Endurance Pack after long time of not using it. It turned out I had no engine sound. The same problem happened for other cars in the
    Endurance pack.
    I’m aware there is new sound engine being rolled out with the Beta build, which could course sound regressions in some cars. But I’m purposely wanting to stay on “Stable/previous” build to avoid such Alfa/Beta release issues.
    Changing to Beta build fixes the issue. However, now there’s something wrong with the spotter voice - it’s often being cut out so I can’t hear my laptime. Also I have a feeling some other sounds may be sometimes cut out , but I may be mistaken.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You may have not enough memory for the full sound package. If you have 256 channels selected, reduce it by half. Then with cars like the endurance pack that have not updated their sound files to work with the new sound system, you have to adjust the legacy sliders in the sound options. I reduce SFX (this lessens the wind & tire noise) to near zero and my engine to max.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

beta should be on none

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Thanks.
    I have 24GB RAM. Where should I reduce channels to 128?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

in the options menu, which is the gear icon at the upper right of the screen, then choose sound, the top line of the 2nd column should have the number you need.(although 24GB should be well more than enough) The legacy sliders are at the bottom of the first column on the left of the screen.

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Turns out I had “Number of effects” set to 32 only, so I increased it to 128 and so far haven’t noticed issues. Didn’t have to change the legacy settings, but now I’m on Beta build.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Several people had that setting reset to Zero when the update was first pushed out. Odd how it seems different for each user....what am I saying? This IS rF2 after-all.

avenger82 likes this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Beta on NONE is the newest build.

9. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

As Woodee points out NONE is the correct selection for the latest stable build. It's not a beta or release candidate. You had it set to previous stable build which is the older release that doesn't support the new sound engine.

avenger82 likes this.