End Event on dedicated server behaviour

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by DanRZ, Jul 3, 2022.

1. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i wanted to setup my dedicated so that it won't quit 5 minutes after last lap of race.
    I saw there was a parameter : "Server Session End Timeout"
    But it's "(non-dedicated server only)".

I wonder why this parameter is only for single player ... Really weird choice o_O

Aren't there any way to leave the server idling more time after the end of the race ?
    Like we can watch the replay and analyse the race in the same session ...

Or, how can i automatically stop the server after the race ?

Thanks.

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

@DanRZ There is a line in the multiplayer.json that controls this, you must adjust the multiplayer.json on the server for it to take effect.
    Not at my usual PC at the moment so can't quote the line but is something like "time after race" and has a variable in seconds.

DanRZ likes this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Thanks, the only thing i found was "Server Session End Timeout" but maybe i missed another one ...

4. lagg

lagg Registered

@DanRZ , there is another one
    "Delay Between Sessions"

Corti and DanRZ like this.
  5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

You were almost right :D ... just a few line above ... it's "Delay After Race".

Code:
        "Delay After Race":300,
        "Delay After Race#":"Dedicated server additional delay (added to \"Delay Between Sessions\" before loading next track",
    The "Delay Between Sessions" is the tiny time between Practice, Quali, Warmup And Race (30 seconds by default).

Thanks again ;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    lagg and Corti like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't want to sound like a dick, but I can't think of any other way to put this. Could you get a different Avatar? that Mopey Planet of the Apes face is so off-putting. (not that mine is anything to brag about)

7. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

JimmyT, DJCruicky and lagg like this.
  8. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i tried the "Delay after race" and it doesn't seem to work. Next race always starts five minutes after first race ...
    I used a value like 1800, half an hour in seconds, to make sure no new events starts before i kill the server. Is this value too high ? I will try only 15 minutes to see if it works better ...

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Sounds like you are using the non dedicated server, in which case look at line 198 in the multiplayer.json file;
    upload_2022-7-16_8-36-43.png

PS.. 1800 seconds is only 30 minutes :D

10. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

:D corrected ...
    I'm using "Delay After Race" not the other one you describe ...
    Line 137 Multiplayer.JSON :
    Code:
        "Delay After Race":1800,
        "Delay After Race#":"Dedicated server additional delay (added to \"Delay Between Sessions\" before loading next track",

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

yeah, but what I'm saying is that if it is re-starting at 5 minutes regardless of what you put in the delay after race, maybe it's reading line 198...

12. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Sorry, i'm using a dedicated server.

13. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, i just understood what is going on.
    The "Delay After Race" only works if there is "human" drivers and not only AIs.
    Right when the last human exits, the server goes to next event without respecting the "Delay After Race".
    That's annoying. I can't manage a server properly with a start/end precise time.
    If there is nobody or only AIs, the server won't respect the "Delay After Race" and go "unexepectedly" to next event.
    Are there any chance to change that weird behaviour ?

14. lagg

lagg Registered

There is a parameter in the Multiplayer.json called "Pause While Zero Players" that makes the server not to chancge the session when there are only AIs, but i don't remember if pauses the time or it continues. And i dont't know if only works for practices.
    It's possible that is totally unusefull for you, but you can try it (i can't check it now)

15. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Good idea and i thought about that but if anybody connects at any time it will probably start the practice and next sessions.
    I want an event that always starts at a precise time, with or without AIs, and then never ends after the race. And then it get killed at another precise time. Repeatable every day or multiple time per day.

That is not easy to do and it should be the most simple task to do for a dedicated server ...

Some rF2 features seem to be thought only for offline mode. Like the last one i noticed : selecting AIs cars one by one in Multiclass ... No way to do it on a dedicated server as admin ! And the most easy thing to do in offline during the session. Why ?

16. lagg

lagg Registered

17. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Yes, but this tool uses some kind of api/hack to drive the GUI. I don't have the dedicated GUI, i use the +oneclick option to use the server as a Windows service ...

lagg likes this.