steam sale 2022 summer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delzimar, Jun 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

When I first saw the title of this thread I though It was about "what did you get In this years Steam Summer Sale". It´s kind of drifting In that direction except It´s race sim related with some hints to MSG.

2. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

My intention was to generate discussion in relation to RF2 promotions, which has not been available for old users for a while.

MikeV710 likes this.
  3. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Try to be more respectful.

4. Binny

Binny Guest

Can anyone explain why they went to steam ? Also do you think its an advantage to use steam ? or do what iracing did open their own store where they can control it ? I honestly dont think steam has bought in the player base they would have liked, also we were all forced to go to steam why and what advantages did it have for RF2 ?

5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

No, I am talking about telling me what I waste or not my money on. Which Is none of your business, as well as It´s none of your business If users talk about other sims In this forum, which many have done before and now.

The topic is Steams sale, and people (users) make comparisons, and put out there thoughts about it, you seem to have a problem with that. You don´t have the right to tell people what they should spend there money on either when nobody asked you.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Eyeballs, the sheer number of users. By the time S397 purchased rF2, NOBODY new was searching out rF2 to look to purchase it. It was languishing on ISI's website. Steam provides exposure, steam provides a marketplace, steam provides controlled version updates, steam provides on and on.
    iRacing had the owner of the Boston Red Sox, John Henry, bankrolling all the hardware, all the research, all the licensing. Few independent software companies could ever dream of how much Henry bankrolled which allowed iR to create it's own infrastructure.
    Find a John Henry and S397 could ignore Steam.

7. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Why do we need a John Henry when we have a davehenrie.

Binny and mesfigas like this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

a debate on rfactor 2 offerings compared to other sims?...iracing the game for hire...ACC the disappointment, or the worst disappointment AMS2...people are free to choose what they want,which makes me grace is that there is a thread dedicated to what rfactor puts on sale or not, whether it is appropriate or not, if in the end the one who decides is the owner, .... who cares what users want !!!.
    In my opinion, spending money on AMS2 is a waste, but ACC is not so far from that either... from iracing better not to mention

in question of simulation there is no color, rfactor is the best by far, although its competition system is very mediocre

turtleCZ likes this.
  9. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The "best" Is always subjective, but let´s say we use "the best" In It´s context...
    To be the best would mean that It has to be better In everything, which I am afraid rF2 Is not with those backlog of Issues that still need fixing.

So weather your a fanboy or not, the facts are what count, and NOT what you consider to be the best for you, or what you consider wrong or right. There´s no one judge here, and If we go by the numbers, rF2 Is out numbered weather we like It or not.

While rF2 Is my favorite racing sim, I can´t Ignore the facts, or blind myself to It´s weaknesses, and that goes for ANY sim/game.

What one makes out of a sim/game Is what´s good for him, or the best for him, and I am sure everyone has his own valid opinion and that´s what we have to respect as mature users. As they say, "different strokes, for different folks". This Is not a jury, you know what I mean...

Binny and avenger82 like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

evidently it is in my opinion,...not yours, you can see what it is....I find it funny to believe that you are in possession of the truth, making your objectivity appear does not mean that you are right or not, it is only your opinion, one more of many

11. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

By what criteria do you measure that? Because according to drivers who race GT3 IRL ACC is the most realistic.

12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

The only truth here Is that people don´t go around telling others that they don´t even know, who they should marry, what house to buy, which friends to pick, what they should eat, and a long etc. That´s what´s funny!

You seem to know It all when It comes to race sims because you are the first to discard all the rest of those sims that don´t meet your criteria, which "in my opinion" Is disrespectful to those who play/enjoy those sims for what ever reason they do. So my possession of the truth as you say, Is based objectively on all of what I stated above.

Binny, fischhaltefolie and FAlonso like this.
  13. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Don't be ignorant, the debate is valid, RF2 developers need to know the demands of the target audience. Most people agree that SIM is expensive compared to others.

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Glad you cleared that up.

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

speaking of respect... one thing is what the buyers want and quite another what the seller wants... that being said, what do you think those in charge don't know what the users want? because of their discord.... yes, if you go through there you will know that they know but what their users think has little to do with the business in which they have invested, also if you have been because of their discord, so don't say more nonsense, lest they call you stupid
    if you want respect respect yourself first;)
    that you are also in discord every day, if I remember correctly

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

disrespect has nothing to do with what people choose or not choose.... you judge as if everything you talk about is the possession of truth.... if you love other sims so much go there... who tells you what you have to do, I'm just saying what I think, that both AMS2 and ACC for me is one more CODEMASTER, that Iracing is a rental game, and that the rfactor competition system is pretty bad, it's obvious given the number of complaints from the users themselves... as for your objectivity hahahaha....

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Have you ever seen an f1 driver speak ill of codemaster's f1? I don't, but when they ask nobody speaks badly of them, whether they like it or not, we no longer speak if the pilot is sponsoring the game

18. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Well ACC's GT4 pack with 11 highly detailed and accurate cars are whopping 25% CHEAPER than rf2 BTCC car pack ......which only contains 2 cars.
    I would've have bought BTCC car pack if it were to be on sale, even if matched 11 cars sale price of ACC.

P.S > not to mention ACC is receiving constant physics updates STILL !! with new feature set on top of tweaking and actually fixing driving/setup exploits.

while rf2 received none basically, yes we got "new tyre" which has made its way to what 5 cars ?
    while rest of the engine remains dated , unfit to simulated modern race cars.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    TrigMan59 likes this.
  19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The front-wheel drive does not interest me at all, but if that were the case I think they are expensive, especially if you compare them with the prices of the summer of last year, that if there were relevant offers, but as I say one thing is what the one who buys wants and another very different what the seller wants... the btcc is apparently a failure

20. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

As I said before and even if I offend them again, today nobody works with the passion that they do in Kunos. The development has been very fast, it is rare these days to have a polished and practically finished product from the first versions, the errors that come in the updates once reported are corrected for the next update, the new features are explained so that the players understand its operation, each car and circuit is explained in videos to inform about its characteristics, the setup menu explained so that everyone has knowledge of its modification, setups available in each car for those of us who are not engineers... Kunos makes life easy for his players and that is rewarded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.