Released Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 3, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Both their announcements from 2 weeks ago mention laser scanned. Cherrypicking sources?

2. Havner

Havner Registered

You literally have the answer in the post you quoted. I've looked at their store page as this has been mentioned and quoted in the previous questions. I don't have to read every single word that has been written elsewhere. Nothing more constructive to be tacky about today?

3. lagg

lagg Registered

It's not hidden. It's written in the announcement of the release of the tracks
    https://www.studio-397.com/2022/05/may-update-released-new-content-now-available/

"One of the big things our community have been asking for of late is more tracks, all in laserscan precision of course, and with this new May release we are delighted to release not one, not two but THREE brand-new and very exciting circuits to the title."

4. Havner

Havner Registered

I get that. I understand English pretty well. I'll repeat the bolded sentence: I don't have to read every single word that has been written elsewhere.
    As a customer I've looked at the store page, the place where you know, they try to sell stuff. And it was not written there. Hence I asked. Is it forbidden now? People asked about Laguna Seca even when it was mentioned on the store page.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

That's right. You don't have to read every single word... (me neither)
    But it has taken less than a minute to me, to find it, because i've gone the official announcement.
    The good thing is that now we know where to find the official info (in the official announcement)

6. Havner

Havner Registered

That's right, now we know that they forget to put one of the most crucial information for a track in the store page and we have to go look for it.

God forbid, someone who doesn't look at the forums/official page will assume that since Laguna Seca is mentioned as laser scanned there and Brands and Donington are not they are simply not laser scanned. And will not buy them because of that. That would be simply unthinkable.

We all know that all customers read the forums and the official page like there is no tomorrow.

lagg likes this.
  7. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

It should indeed be written on store page if track is laser scanned or not, it is just better marketing strategy.
    Maybe even a LS badge on track icon/logo itself, give it even more premium feel.

Havner likes this.
  8. Stevy

Stevy Registered

With the first few scanned tracks you also always named the year of the scan.
    So we knew it was 2018 Sebring, 2018 Nordschleife, 2018 Le Mans etc. (to flex, but ok)
    With the latest releases this info is missing (or at least I didn't found anything)
    Could you perhaps go back to telling the year of the scan (in future releases) if possible?

Also Laguna is pure bliss to drive in the IR18. With the new sound....I LOVE IT!!!

pkelly likes this.
  9. Havner

Havner Registered

No idea if that's relevant in any way, but those are the directory/package names:
    Whether those are the years they've been laser scanned I have no idea, but the 3 tracks you mentioned have exactly those years (2018) in their package names. So maybe this is some hint.

Stevy likes this.
  10. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

I drove Laguna with the Inviniti ... oh my god what a fun ! Only the tire wear is tooo much on the BTCC, not normal :)
    I love the new track (s), fantastic

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Whatever you do, don't look at Nurburgring.

12. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Another onboard lap, this time at Laguna in the Dallara IR-18 INDYCAR:

wrff.tiger@gmail likes this.
  13. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I'm loving Laguna Seca in the Indy Cars but I'm struggling to match the AI times in Qualifying. They are down in the 1:09's at 100% AI. What kind of qualy times are you guys able to do? I feel like my setup is decent but I'm struggling to break into the 1:10's. Anybody have any tips or some setup pointers?

14. Comante

Comante Registered

Reverse your approach: tune AI to your skill, and not viceversa.

sg333, pkelly and Eric Rowland like this.
  15. wrff.tiger@gmail

Well most other content I'm able to be pretty competitive vs AI at 100%. Last years pole time for Monterey GP was 1:10.79. My understanding is 100% AI is meant to be representative of real world laptimes. The indy Ai at laguna maybe a little to quick. But I don't want to just lower the AI settings. I'm able to be much more competitive with 100% Indy AI at Portland than at Laguna Seca. Regardless of AI I'm still looking to improve my lap times.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  16. wrff.tiger@gmail

I would like to add that I haven't done a ton of races but I have done a few with Flag rules set to all since the update and the Safety car and AI behavior under FCY seems to be much better than in the past. Need to do some longer races to really test it out but it seems like some really great improvement has been made in this area. Thank you Studio-397!

pkelly likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Took a field of IMSA cars to Laguna, the Protos could exit the garage spots cleanly, but some, SOME, of the GT3 cars required the 3 pt turn to cleanly exit and get underway. That sharp right swing at the entrance to pit lane did not appear to bother any of the cars I watched, although it was VERY difficult for me to complete the turn and then dive into the first pit.

18. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I noticed that some of the Dallara IR18's clip the left side of the garage when exiting, causing visual damage to the car.

Compared to Donnington and Brand Hatch, Laguna Seca seems to be a heavier track to run PC performance wise. My GPU only has 4GB of Vram, which can cause issues with some tracks. Laguna Seca seems to be up there with the Nurburgring GP in terms of framerate issues. I did a race with a full grid of IndyCar's, practise and qualifying was fine but the start of the race was really bad. After alt-tabbing out of rF2 to the desktop and then switching camera angle in the replay a few times I managed to get the performance back to normal and completed a race. A bit weird why performance can be so up and down using the same content.

19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I solved the framerate issues by changing the circuit level from ultra to max and there were no noticeable downsides. I think it's the pit area that has many small scale objects. It seems that any time the pit area is in or near the view frustrum the framerates go down.

20. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I was already at medium circuit detail level, I had to reduce it to low. What GPU do you have? I think mine can cope with the number of vertices but not the textures, I am always pushing the 4GB Vram limit.

Hopefully S397 will optimise this circuit particularly around the pits for the lower detail settings. I am not holding my breath though as they never fixed the Ferris wheel and Mercedes stand at the Nurburgring GP, which both seem to drain GPU performance.