[REL] Barcelona 2021 Community Update

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, May 26, 2022.

1. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Hi, Chris
    Yes, it should be nice
    Just to get in Mod dev the tracks I need for F1 car mod
    Many thanks

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Here it is, extract it directly into the ModDev\Locations Folder.
    And if Problems appear, send me a Mail. :)
    Download

Corti likes this.
  3. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Thank You, Chris : it works perfectly.
    I saw how You managed files in the pack.
    You are kind, as always.
    Cheers
    Nic

redapg and Corti like this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

You are welcome Nicola. :)
    I have only extracted the MAS File with the Layout, that you can drive on it.
    But i did make the Search Entries in the SCN File in a Way, that you also can extract (and delete) the MAS Files into Folders with the same Name that the MAS has, if you want to get Access to the other Files too.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  5. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Hello. After having recorded several AIWs, I have been able to notice one thing, and that is that I think it would be necessary to do 3 circuits in 1. That is, based on the AIW made, specify which one is for LMPs or openwheel, which one is for GT3 and the like, and which for cars in addition to Karting. And it is that I have realized that making an AIW with an openwheel, may go well with openwheel, but not with GT3, since these are driven and can be more aggressive on curbs, a style that a openwheel in many cases cannot perform, for having to trace more smoothly. This causes a difference in time if AIWs created for openwheel are used, and a GT3 is driven, we are all going to attack curbs more and ultimately, we end up riding faster than the AI, which traces smoother, compared to driving more aggressive. I'll work tomorrow, but as soon as I can I'll post an AIW recorded from a GT3, and that way you can compare the AIW already worked with openwheel and this one with GT3. Cheers

6. redapg

redapg Registered

That is why i did say in my Videos, that it is almost impossible, to create an AIW File that works perfect for all kind of Cars. ;)
    I don't know if it still works, but there was the Possibility to store different FASTEST Pathes in the same AIW File or as a separate File, where the Name of the additional Pathes or separate File, had to be the Class of the Car (if i remember it right).
    But at the same Time was said, that a too big AIW File may have a bad Impact on the Performance.

7. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

For letting the AI use specific lines look at Trembling Mountain modtrack. There is a rcd-file inside which tells some car categories which specific path to use. Not knowing how this guy found this feature. Afair there are beside the usual paths specific paths for low downforce cars, LMP cars etc. in the rcd. Maybe it´s a bit tricky to find the correct names

redapg and atomed like this.
  8. vava74

vava74 Registered

That feature should be used for some DLC cars which have trouble attacking some curbs, namely the Cup and the M2, which in some tracks would require a different line.

atomed likes this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

Did you check if that (still) works?
    I have never seen an official Info from ISI, that a Talent File can be used to let the AI know which AIW Path they shall use.
    I only know the System, that the Pathes in the AIW or the separate Path Files, have to have the Name of the Car Classes.
    If it works with the Talent File, it would be much better of course, because you can use one Path for many different Car Classes. :)

DJCruicky likes this.
  10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I tried it as Trembling Mountain came out. Edited the path for LMP with a harsh kink and the Oreca hit the brakes. Other cars were not affected.

Will try this today (if i find some time) if it still works

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Good find Manfredk2.

12. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I have noticed in DevbMode, that when entering the AIW section, more lines can be created by renaming them, in addition to the left, right, fastest and blocking lines. If what was mentioned above about talent and the rcd file could be done, if a new line was recorded renaming it as Fastest GT3 for example, to use that line with that type of car it is possible to do it from said rcd file in talent, and so differentiate between recorded lines in the same AIW?.

13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

seems that the rcd it is still working. It worked with the Norma LMP3 using a LMP_FAST line and Brabham BT20 and Eve F1 using a LOW_DOWNFORCE_FAST line, but not with the Oreca LMP 2. Oreca should also use the LMP_FAST but did not. Maybe some naming thing in the rcd

14. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Nice track, but AI oreca keeps hitting the kerbs in turn one and loosing the rear. Even after practice, qual and a long race. Could it be possible to alter the line to not using kerbs when it's oreca? Or can't it be defined by cars?

15. redapg

redapg Registered

As @Manfredk2 has mentioned in the Post above of yours, there seems to be a Problem with the Oreca, to force it, to use a specific Line.
    I currently don't have the Time, to investigate and Test and try to get it working, but maybe @Manfredk2 or @atomed can jump into it here. ;)
    Another Possibility, to maybe get it working with the current Lines, is to play around with the AI Settings a little bit, maybe less Aggression for Example, or create a (probably softer) Setup and assign it to the AI.
    Sometimes that can lead to better Results already.

16. ThomasJohansen

@redapg thx for the answer, read through the thread afterwards, and then tried to unpack the track to get it into moddev but kept failing.
    Will maybe try the workaround by assigning setup to the ai.

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

put SearchPath=. to the scn and the track will open in moddev

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

19. ThomasJohansen

@Manfredk2
    Excellent, It fixes turn 1, but the lmp AIW probably need few minor tweaks at turn 2, 4 and 12.
    Or maybe the kerbs in general are too slippery, or too resistant compared to the road surface?
    There is something strange going on with the oreca, when one front wheel is on a kerb in a turn the rear tends to do a minor slide.

Anyway this quickfix makes it work with Oreca.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Corti and Manfredk2 like this.
  20. redapg

redapg Registered

Here is the Download of the Track for DevMode. ;)

Corti likes this.