Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're not reading his post correctly, he already clarified this. The packs are effectively discounts on what is in them, in comparison to buying the items individually.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

At the top right there should be a 1-2 page button;
    upload_2022-6-25_7-48-56.png

Page 2 shows the "new" summer sale showdown pack;
    sale1.png

3. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Let´s be serious, I know that as everyone here does. The packs are not on sale, that´s there regular everyday discounted pack price. What we do have Is a summer sale pack, which If It stays at that price after the summer sale will be just like the other packs. In other words, there´s only one pack on sale In this summer sale. The rest are the same price since release.

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I’m aware of iRacing bulk discounts and used them ( but these are only 15% maximum )if you buy 6 or more pieces. It’s nothing like real packs sales in other games were you get >50% discounts. 40+ pieces of content 20% discount is realistically after you spend >$500 on content alone.
    Comparing iRacing to other games is not a mistake. Since few years there are few decent free competitions systems(SRS, Simracing.gp, Raceroom’s).You can have great races with the above platforms. But yeah The problem is participation is much lower than in iRacing. I think partially it’s because iRacing has been go to sim for ranked multiplayer for so many years so it became de facto standard. Also many people invested a lot of $ in its content and don’t what to switch to other sim.
    I don’t think is that bad outside of MP. I mean all the stuff you mentioned (physics, sound , graphics, FFB ) is subjective.
    Few years ago real drivers said iRacing is most realistic sim. Now, many of them say ACC is the most realistic.

5. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

@Goanna
    Thank you, I am aware that there´s a second page, and no, there was no summer pack yesterday because I specifically checked both pages to see If the E-Formula pack was on sale.

Goanna likes this.
  6. shiet

shiet Registered

Well, some said it's the most realistic, others said different things... :D
    Yeah, the participation at iR is the highest, you can find a sprint race at any time of the day, that part of what I was talking about.
    What I couldn't understand even in 2014-15 is that why other sims didn't just copy the iR system? It's not against the law. So I guess they just don't want to operate a complete server park. But Raceroom moved to that direction, then now this Low Fuel Motorsport thing does it with ACC and their player numbers are up. So I don't understand.

7. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I understand it too, but you showed a screenshot of all the packs asking where the packs on sale are, after he explained the above. Hence my response.

IMO the way the game and its packs are being configured and sold seems to be completely inconsistent with the state of the game and the way the content in the packs needs to be used.

MikeV710 likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Possibly due to the shear cost of starting iRacing. You may not recall they had a Sugar Daddy in the form of the owner of the Boston Red Sox, John Henry. Dave Kaemmer got a huge bootstrap from Mr Henry to fund the original research and hardware acquisitions. I suspect the costs today to set up the server farms and licensing deals would be quite a lot more, but at the time it was a very very large sum. So while some companies have gotten funding from publishers like EA Sports or Codemasters, most sims started since iRacing have had to fund themselves.

10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah I saw that video compilation by Austin Ogonski back when it was released.
    Certainly iRacing tire model (and implementations )has its problems, but iRacing was (and mostly is still) the go to sim for real racers. It’s not only because of it’s multiplayer system. They often ranked it as most realistic. Recently couple of them say ACC is more realistic.

11. shiet

shiet Registered

MSGM reports Q2 earnings today after the market closes. I'm curious.

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

do you have a lot of shares?, maybe you get some money

13. shiet

shiet Registered

No way I'm holding MSGM... :D
    Btw once again they underperformed the already negative expectations, 2022Q2 net loss -$7.5 million, EBITDA -$4.9 million...
    2022Q2 revenue was lower than 2021Q2 revenue...
    They still don't know how will they operate in the next 12 months because their money is slowly running out.
    In July they even deferred a payment of $2.2 millions to Luminis (they sold S397 to MSGM).

As I see it right now they have rF2, Nascar21: Ignition and Kartkraft as income sources, and nothing else. None of which is to be considered a big success (to say the least)... Honestly I'm shocked they supposedly sold $2.2 million worth of stuff in 3 months. :D
    The rest is all promises, BTCC game, Indycar game.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Emery likes this.
  14. shiet

shiet Registered

Some good(ish) news: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/motorsport-games-announces-transformative-2022-130000521.html
    It seems. Reverse stock split will make their shares cost 10x as much as of right now (so $0.81 to $8.1 with today's value) which is needed if they want to stay on the Nasdaq which means staying on institutional investor's radars.
    They announced some financial restructuring but I still don't see how will they manage the company without additional money, they didn't say they managed to get loan from somewhere.
    If I would be cynical (by being Austin Ogonoski) I would say they do this so they can "steal" even more money from investors before they go bankrupt. I don't know. :D
    Looking at the chart the stock started to form a base pattern between $0.5 and $0.9 and there were some high volume up days in the recent weeks which could mean somebody is buying in larger quantities because they know something good about the company.
    Still at this stage this doesn't look like a good company to invest in.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  15. Beef36

Beef36 Registered

Yikes. Stock splits generally means the company is optimistic about its future. Reverse stock splits usually means the reverse of being optimistic.

TrigMan59 likes this.
  16. Binny

Binny Guest

As long as rf2 is safe.

Kelju_K likes this.
  17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

18. Travis

Travis Registered

This is little more than a way for MSG to boost share prices short term to avoid being delisted from the stock exchange.
    Austin has not once provided incorrect financial information on the parent company of S397 nor provided false information on the history of the people who run Motosport Games. The financial information came straight from MSG investor calls and from places such as Yahoo Finance and The Motley Fool.
    With the documented history of the person running Motorsport Games running prior companies into bankruptcy, MSG's history of a high cash burn rate, share price nosediving for 12+ months, one utter failure of a game release which few people play and now a scheme to pump up the share price to avoid being delisted, no sane person would invest. Good luck finding funding to stay afloat; long term all we can do is hope someone is willing to invest in S397/rF2.

azaris likes this.
  19. shiet

shiet Registered

Where is the source about Indycar reaching out to Reiza? What does it mean "sounds like"? Because to me saying "sounds like" sounds like bs. :)
    Btw how would this happen? Reiza makes a new Indycar game or they just put the Indycar into AMS2?

20. Goanna

Goanna Registered

second post on that linked twitter page.
    twitter.png

TrigMan59 likes this.