Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I have Nvidia RTX 2070 Super and I don't see sttuters with sparks enabled. I'm running on GNU/Linux that converts DX11 calls to the Vulkan API but I think there are more Nvidia users on Windows that don't see the issue. It might be related to other settings.

They shared a workaround, and I guess they're working to meet the next deadline. I'm pretty sure they'll release a fix when it's ready. I work in software development (not related to S397) and sometimes you have to decide what's more important, fixing the non-breaking bug with a workaround that affects 1% of users or processing the queue of pending work for the next deadline. I'm not saying that those 1% of users aren't important, but there's a 100% of users waiting for other features and bug fixes.

Lars and Elcid43 like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Do sparks already work in VR?

3. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

Yes. To see them you need to set special effects to medium or higher. If you use Pimax, it is better to set "VR Projection Mode":1 in player.json and tick "Compatible with parallel projections" in PiTool. Without the latter the sparks would exist but be broken (looking not like a sparks but long zig-zag lines through the whole FOV).

Elcid43 and mixer61 like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

yes, that's how I had it, but if they look like flash I'll keep leaving them disabled... I thought I had fixed them, but if they don't look like sparks I'll remove them:(
    thank you;)

5. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

They look very good if you tick "Compatible with parallel projections" in PiTool.

Elcid43 likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Today I will try it again, I had already tried them with parallel projection and nothing, I will try it again and I will tell you

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Special FX causes massive stutters still for me, I have to set to low to remove stutters and now have no sparks.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Rather the sparks cause massive stutters and you have to set the Special FX to low to eliminate both the sparks and the shudders.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay, that's what I ment, lol

10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in VR they look bad so better in low, disable them