[REL] Barcelona 2021 Community Update

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, May 26, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

@Ruben Cerlem Please set the FuelUse= Value in the AIW File to 92952.445313, then upload it again, and inform @Luis Barata , that he can replace your old AIW with this new one, before he packages the updated Track. ;)

2. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I have already sent it to you, but just out of curiosity... how does that FuelUse value affect the AIW? I am not aware of that, and I like to know the context and know what happens if the wrong parameter is used.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, i will send the AIW to him.

The FuelUse Value is something that didn't worked properly in the Past and it seems to get used, to Calculate the Fuel Usage that is shown in the Setup Menu (XXX L for YYY Laps), when you set the Amount of Fuel.
    But the shown Numbers were almost always wrong, because the AIW Value gets calculated by the Car, that you use when you create the AIW, i guess and because there are Cars that use 50 L / 100 Km and Cars that use 12 L / 100 Km, it is a completely useless Value. But it shouldn't be 0, to avoid more possible Miscalculations (i don't know the Games Code).
    This is said under the Precondition that it still works as it ever worked (wrong), since the Release of rFactor 1.
    And it doesn't affect the AI in a special Way.

4. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Ok. Well thanks for the explanation. Yes well, rfactor2 depending on the car, especially if they are mods, estimate what you want. Yes, I have noticed that the estimate does not appear when I entered the track. I calculate the estimates in another way, because I have never trusted the ones established by rf2. I write down the explanation in the notebook hahaha

5. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I have a question to ask. I have a version of the new Australian F1 GP layout, and I noticed when I wanted to modify the AIW, that in the current path you can choose in addition to left, right, etc., the Wet line is added. Does anyone know if that option can be added in Barcelona, and thus make the AI on rain drive differently than if it does it on dry?.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't think that it makes Sense to add a WET Path, as long as everything that influences the Grip on wet Surfaces isn't fully implemented into the Game.
    If you add a WET Path now, the AIW will only be slower when the Track is wet.

(If i didn't get something and these Things work in rF2 already, forget the above written :))

EDITED crossed out Words, see Post from @RoWo below

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  7. RoWo

RoWo Member

From the last BUILD changelog:

redapg likes this.
  8. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Ok. Seeing him at said circuit in Australia, well, that's why I asked. Perfect... well doubt resolved. Thank you so much

Flipo likes this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

The original Track from the Steam Workshop, converted by @Luis Barata, is updated with this Community Update, so if you are subscribed to it, you get the latest Version, that also loads in Windows 7 now.
    It can be found here: Barcelona 2021

To avoid any Conflicts or Problems delete the Folders:
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.1Win7fix
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.1CU1.0
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.1CU1.1
    manually.

And i also would recommend to delete the rfcmp Files:
    Barcelona2021_Win7fix_v1.0.rfcmp
    Barcelona2021_CommunityUpd_v1.0.rfcmp
    Barcelona2021_CommunityUpd_v1.1.rfcmp

Flipo and marmagas like this.
  10. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

You guys are freaking amazing ! Thank you for that. Is there any chance the same could be done with his other tracks ?

redapg likes this.
  11. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I just learned to make AIWs, and after several made for my personal use, and seeing that the AI works very well, and behaves like real pilots, being the first one I work with, thanks to redapg, I am very happy. What I am trying to do now is to begin to master 3DSim, and thus be able to help with something other than AIW, which is simple once you begin to master how to do it. Over time, I will modify or create tracks, but the AIW can now work with it without a problem, although there is a problem, and that is that if they want the update to be downloadable directly from steamworkshop, since you will not be able to contact the person who shared the track is more difficult. Cheers

12. redapg

redapg Registered

What is the Poblem with his other Tracks, is it similar to Barcelona?
    I can ask him, if he would also update one or more of his other Tracks, if one or more also doesn't load in Windows 7, for Example.
    And if he would do it and @Ruben Cerlem would update the AIW, i could do it again.

pkelly likes this.
  13. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

If there is any modification to the AIW, due to some fault that I have not seen (I have not tried it with many cars), I could of course modify it again. Anything to fix AIWs right now, no problem. In terms of remodeling, until I master 3DSim, I'm not going to do much. I'm already, yes, doing my little things following some tutorial, so I hope in the next 2 months at the most I can do all kinds of remodeling of the tracks with mastery, and even start working on my own tracks.

atomed likes this.
  14. Marcos

Marcos Registered

Well, Ruben, I am glad that you have decided to start with 3dsimed, you will see that it has a lot of potential to modify circuits to your liking.
    I will be very attentive to your progress, as I am with your AIW, which are already good.

Ruben Cerlem likes this.
  15. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Indeed, they don't load either on Windows 7 and show the same error on loading

16. redapg

redapg Registered

Do all have that "don't load in Windows 7" Problem?
    That are a lot... :eek::D

17. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Hello. I have seen, after running several races with different categories, that there are two corners, especially the "la Caixa" (turn 10), where the AI noticed that it does not start at the right speed, and causes sometimes having to stop accelerating . I have seen that I have fallen a little short when lengthening the exit and that causes a slower pace of the AI at the apex of the curve. Obviously in order to perfect the line to take full advantage of the AI, I have seen different onboards, seeing that I actually fell short. If you think there is any more curve that could be improved, I would like you to give me your feedback to find the best AIW, and with it, that the AI is as close as possible to how the pro pilots draw. Cheers

18. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Hello
    What is the exact structure for this track in Mod Dev?
    I mean, starting from the version 1.23, how can I arrange the extracted files from mas files?
    I tried to get it working, following the Joysville Speedway track example, but I was not able.
    Also, it seems that BarcelonaIcon dds is missing?
    Thank You

19. Corti

Corti Registered

new encrypted format :D

20. redapg

redapg Registered

Nicola, if you want, i can upload a DevMode Version. :)