Loading issue with some cars

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by CinCiunfala44, May 18, 2022.

1. CinCiunfala44

CinCiunfala44 Registered

Hi!
    I recently bought the Indycar DLC and I have some problems with that (also with other combos of cars and tracks).
    In single player, when i load the session the loading is really slow, and sometimes it stucks on 100%.
    I tried to wait for several minutes and i noticed the sounds of the opponent's car playing in the background.
    Sometimes it not lasts on the loading screen on 100% but the screen becomes fully grey or other times appears only the in-box 20 sec's delayed monitor to see the session live but without nothing else on contour to click to start driving or change setups ecc...
    This problem is really frequent with some tracks and cars - for example with the Dallara IR-18 - and i don't know how to resolve that.

P.S. My PC is not an high end PC, but i can run for example Assetto Corsa Competizione with 30+ cars easily so i think it's not related to my hardware.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Rule number one with rF2. Never compare another sim's ability to load X amount of cars, or run at xxxfps etc. rF2 is a unique bird and just does not operate 'just like the other guys.'
    Rule number 2: Give us your system hardware specifications, especially your video card and the amount of Vram it has.
    This sounds like windows is swapping memory pages to get all the graphics stuffed in your video card. You could try reducing track details and opponent car detail.

3. CinCiunfala44

CinCiunfala44 Registered

These are my pc specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    RAM 8,00 GB
    Nvidia GeForce 1060 3GB
    64 bit

4. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Start setting the graphics on lowest quality. My pc is a bit better than yours and I run in a customized graphics between low and med.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    CinCiunfala44 likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

as stated by @ebeninca , your system specs, especially both the system memory and video memory are borderline. So reduce all your graphic settings. The reason for the slow loading is due to your lack of Vram and the sim must swap out textures repeatedly to get all the detail in. So, reduce graphic settings AND only load one or two cars. If this solves things you can try adding a few more cars, but I'm not too confident your system can handle more than just a few cars at low detail. Best of luck, let us know if you reach a happy medium.

CinCiunfala44 likes this.
  6. CinCiunfala44

CinCiunfala44 Registered

Ok, I've tried to run low graphics. The problem is still there: now I tried to race and the loading has finished (which is still so long but I have still put my heart on peace) the classic grey screen appeared. The sound is working as I'm in the session, i can hear cars exiting the pits. This problem is not related to the content i select, it appears randomly about 60% of the times i play.

Off topic: i know my pc's spec are low, but why i play other really recent games with mid-hi graphics and details, having no problems and a fast loading? this problem is only on this title. It's because the game engine is old?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes the game engine is old. The core goes back to SCGT (1999) then the EA F1 games then rF1 and now rF2. But since S397 purchased rF2 about 5 or 6 years ago, they have been updating the graphics layer by layer. This has increased amount of textures that the video card must process. Even if you compare just running one of S397's original DLC cars like the Porsche GT3 from 2018 to the Ferrari GT3 or Corvette C8r, you will see increased demand upon your fps with the newer cars. When running rF2, always reboot your entire computer. If possible, use an app that will allow a minimum load of windows. But at least restart. This will flush out any stray bits of cache or apps that could suck up even a tiny bit more of that precious Ram. Do this even between races, don't trust rF2 to completely restart without certain cache files remaining and adding to your load. That may be why you see a random crash 60% of the time. You may think this is extreme, but your system REALLY REALLY is borderline for running rF2. (and never compare other games, rF2 is different. It was coded by a physics oriented team that exacted a higher price upon hardware to successfully operate.)

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Like Dave said, rf2 consumes a lot of hardware, try to look the cpu consumption into the windows task manager or resource monitor, maybe some other app is using too much cpu, memory or disk i/o...

Other option is to press CTRL+C while on track to see the cpu consumption bar (pink one), it should never be higher than 50% to run smoothly.

9. CinCiunfala44

CinCiunfala44 Registered

Thank you. Can you suggest me some apps that allow "a minimum load of windows"? I will try with that. I suspect also that some workshop content are bugged...

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you are using Win10 or 11, this might be a solution for you. It is a little complex, creating a new boot drive and more, but perhaps others here will chime in with some possible solutions.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022