Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Oops sry....Autodromo Buenos Aires by Corti.
    In game it's AC_Buenos Aires

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  2. jjcook

jjcook Registered

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Back to open Qually today (Yay, I remembered). :D

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Close to the best race I've had in ages. Say that a lot but cookie and I spent the whole race (bar the last lap), pretty much glued to each other with no incidents. Great driving John. Had to take a risk at the end but didn't pay off.
    This week I have put up the totally insane Historic F1's around Longford. Have fun staying on track...:p:D

asdangus likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Horror race for me. Was a passenger in 3 incidents that saw me off track and then my stupid ghost buttons re-appeared with a vengeance. Came out of Longford corner and was flat out in top heading for the next breaking zone when it decided to pop itself into 1st gear. Replay must look like I'm drunk or something :rolleyes:. Very rare rage quit from me but it was a hardware thing not other drivers that brought about the decision.
    Ok, atm we have the Vintage Vee at Autumnring (I know we raced there recently but it seemed like it might be a good fit) but this isn't set in stone yet. I'll see what BB thinks.
    Also, we had a couple of new guys who were struggling with the pace of the previous combo so I thought I'd slow us down a bit this week.;)

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, this combo is staying. Fun at it's very finest.

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was an intense race. Cookie and I were glued together for the entire race. Hard to pull off a pass and make it stick with those cars.
    This week a bit of American flavor with the Howston Dissenter at Road America.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sorry for all the track changes guys. Had some issues with track loading errors and then Avhenisto was a "green tinge" track so we are back to an old fave (which I suck at). Mid Ohio with chicane in the MX-5.

9. jjcook

jjcook Registered

any idea where the green tinge comes from ?

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Apparently it's a missing or wrongly placed IBL probe. Older track problem.

11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So far only Ahvenisto has had the issue for me but it's both online and offline.

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hey guys, heads up. Make sure you are on the right tires (semislicks). Pick your upgrades before you enter the track. A few guys have posted times on wet tires as they are the default if Street tires are selected.
    **Changing ingame doesn't seem to work.**

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hey all, just like to say a huge thanks to the guys that donate to keep the server running. I don't know who all the generous members are so I won't name some and not others. You know who you are and it's much appreciated. This is the longest continuous running server in rF2 and I want to see it running for a lot longer yet. ;)

jimagn and Tucker Fleming like this.
  15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Looks like BB has pulled out the big guns this week. F3's @ Historic Spa (Belgium). Lil Spark is going to struggle against those big bully Eve's...:D:rolleyes:

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So that ended up a race I'd rather forget. Clipped by a runaway hay bale late so ended up back in 4th, On to the next one.
    Going back to a combo from the new year, F3's @ Dundrod.

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, looks like there has been a track change. Bridgehampton is up. Not a fan of late week changes so I'm actually giving this a miss. Got another event I can practice for. Have fun.

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok, we are back to Dundrod this week.

Server 2 is up for some practice in the '54 Endurance cars @ Longford for any of our guys who are interested in the upcoming Historic Championship. Fuel at 3x as per event rules but damage down to 75% for now.
    PM me for the password.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  19. jjcook

jjcook Registered

Thanks

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So, due to pain I was unable to take part today guys. Haven't turned a lap here all week. Hopefully things get better for next week.
    Also desperately trying to avoid covid. Housemate tested positive 4 days ago and so far I've been successful even though he's not taking it seriously. :(