Released Released | BMW M4 Class 1 2021

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

yeah. it doesnt sound nearly as "alive" ingame. for some reson the "raspiness" (used to describe singers voice usually, like rod steward for example) seems to be impossible to do with rf2's sound engine.
    the new sound engine is better with this, but only a little.
    The gearbox whine is done pretty well in some s397 cars. i wonder why the class 1 is missing most of it?? i think it is essential sound effect for race cars, and is most often lacking than present in rf2.

But i remember rf1 mod: historic gt and touring cars, had nice raspiness in some cars, like the corvette, even tough it was much lower pitch sound. so technically it sould be possible??

I been wondering the same as you, for years. why make the cars sound like a "vacuum cleaner" (wayyy too sterile sound), when it looks like there is possibilities to do much better...?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    vava74 likes this.
  2. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

i also noticed that Kubica is not flat out trough eau rouge, but binds the car little with brakes and lifts the throttle a bit simultaneously. in rf2 we can flat out eau rouge even with 21 wing. granted, we are not in danger when driving so we can push further, and take bigger risks in sim. so i dont think that needs to be changed/touched in the physics.
    I still love the car, very much!. how it drives and feels. so much that the sound thing is not a deal braker for me, not even close.
    but that being said, some raspiness to the engine sounds, and more prominent gearbox whine would be more than welcome. for most of the cars in rf2.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Going back to the roots of rF2, SCGT, the BMW engined cars did have that raspiness. Odd that it got lost over the decades.

Kelju_K likes this.
  4. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

altough i dont think the recording in the video does justice to the ingame cockpit sound.
    1.45 time is good refence.
    raspiness 100% THERE!
    Now, just imagine this in much higher pitch sound, plus gearbox whine :)
    would be pretty close to the onboard video...

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

any plan to remove the the constant gravel sound bug ???? Even with engine off we constant hear gravel tyre noise.....I know it's free but it's bugged

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Have you reported it in the Bug Reports section? This is the BMW M4 thread.

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yeah I have reported many things

8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Why not keep the conversation there then?

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I still say it should be a track option rather than a car specific. If I want DRS, a checkbox in the menus could enable it. If not leave it blank, or better yet, a 3rd option just for my one favorite car, the Chappy in @woochoo 's fabulous 1967 Endurance mod, you/ai should be able to flatten the wing WHERE-EVER-the-EFF you want!

coltair likes this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yeah but S397 wont add this option for the tracks, so we are forced to modify the cars

12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Can someone make a rfcmp mod for this car with my private skins, and with a class filter with only my private skins, I don't need the s397 ones, I can donate