[REL] Barcelona 2021 Community Update

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, May 26, 2022.

1. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I have tried by all means, even creating line by line so that the screen does not stay locked, but there is no way. It always crashes. I wanted to create the new AIW to have better experiences when competing against the AI, but after 4 days of trying over and over again, without stopping it crashing, I think I'm going to give up. My patience has already reached a limit. If someone wants to do the AIW, let them do it, I'm not going to continue with it. I'm going to dedicate myself to driving. Bye.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

That is a Pity, but i can understand your Decision.
    Happy Racing. :)
    So i will package and upload the new Update with my AIW later Today, that it can be tested.
    And if there are Complaints about the AI, i or @Manfredk2 or @atomed will try to improve it then. ;)

davehenrie, DJCruicky and atomed like this.
  3. Marcos

Marcos Registered

Sorry haunetal1990, I couldn't see your message.
    Indeed, the version of Albert Park is the one indicated by Redapg. In my opinion one of the best mod tracks made graphically speaking. Do not hesitate to try it.

haunetal1990 likes this.
  4. Marcos

Marcos Registered

It is a pity that Ruben has given up, however I greatly appreciate the work. Now I am impatiently waiting for Redapg's work, which will surely be a good result.

redapg likes this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

Version 1.1 (Barcelona2021_CommunityUpd_v1.1.rfcmp) is available.
    The Download Link and some Info about this Version are in the first Post.
    Please report Problems here. :)

6. Marcos

Marcos Registered

Thank you! Redapag, the wet problem seems to be solved, the only thing I notice is the AI a little slow. I'm able to be more than two seconds faster than the AI at 100% and I'm not that good. I fix it by increasing MidAdjust=.
    Also wrong is FuelUse= which has a value of 0 and prevents the correct calculation of Fuel in the UI.

redapg likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you for reporting, yes i really forgot to set the Fueluse Value in the AIW (too old and forgetable, 62 :D).
    I will try to improve the AIW, if you give me a few Days.
    As said, i am a bit limited in free Time currently, so the current AIW was a quick made one.
    Can you tell me, which Car you use, with that you are 2s+ faster than the AI and what your Laptime is?
    That helps me to check new driven Pathes. ;)

pkelly likes this.
  8. Marcos

Marcos Registered

The truth is that I don't know if the data I can give you can help you because my AI is personalized and the cars are the official GT3 DLC. I have applied a custom BOP to match performance through an upgrade file. What I base on is the difference I have in this circuit with respect to the others.

9. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

After thinking about lending a hand with the AIW issue, and seeing how I did not stop having problems, but with the software, and not because of how devmode works, but because of problems with the screen freezing, I would like to know if in any way There is a way that they do it step by step in tutorial mode, the steps to follow to be able to record the AIW. From the recommended order to follow for each line, to knowing if it is correctly done. A friend told me that I have missed some intermediate step, and that causes me to have that problem. Let's see if I continue tomorrow, because I'm going to take it as a personal challenge, even if the AIW redapg this circuit.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

OK, then i "simply" will try to get the AI 2-3 s faster. :)
    BTW when you set the AI Strength to 110 or 112, 114... they should be faster too.
    And with the Fuel Calculation, what you see in the Menu as XXX L for XXX Laps, that never worked properly in rF1 and also rF2 and i guess it's still the Case, i haven't checked it for a longer While.

Welcome back :)
    I think i still have a Tutorial about how to record Laps from a Replay, that i have written some Time ago for another User.
    Let me search some old HDDs, if i can find it and upload it here then.
    Or, if i don't find it, i write down the Steps or make a short Video.

pkelly likes this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

@Ruben Cerlem Below is my "Tutorial" that i had written some Time ago, but it should still work as described.
    BUT I just have seen that i obviously lost the Overview a little bit and did use a wrong of my AIW Files (as said, too old..), where Waypoint 0 is in Front of and not the first one directly behind of the Start/Finish XObject (but that doesn't causes your Crashes), what is necessary to record Pathes properly.
    I will upload a new AIW File later Today, but you can still use the old one, to test if you get the Recording working.
    Here is the "Tutorial":

Record a FASTEST, LEFT ... Path for the AIW from a Replay.

As first Step, when you want to record a Path from a Replay, open your player.json File and set the Value
    "Disable Resume in Replay":0,
    to
    "Disable Resume in Replay":1,
    then start the DevMode and the Replay (resume) from that you want to record the Path.
    Open the AIW Editor, go to "path sub menu" and select the Path that you want to record, in the Top Dropdown (Current Path).
    Now, go to the almost End of the Lap, which is the Lap before the Lap from that you want to record the Path and click "Record a new best Path" before the Car crosses the Start/Finish Line.
    Let the Car drive the whole Lap and when it's finished click "stop recording .." and then "save waypoints".

3 Hints:
    - Check, that the first Waypoint behind of the Start/Finish Line is Waypoint 0, to get the recording working properly
    - If the Editor Menu doesn't show up, try Ctrl + # to open it.
    - Ensure that the old Path is slower than the Path that you want to record, or the recorded Path will not be taken.
    To ensure that, click "reset .... time" directly after the recording started.

atomed and Corti like this.
  12. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Hello. After reading the other tutorial that I sent in PDF, I have seen that there are already things that I was doing wrong. Now if I save the AIW in a file called backup. For each recorded line, and saved at the end of the process of each line, I have had no problems. I send the file for you to test, while I also test it. I made each line without going fast... I simply made the layout of each line, since in several previous tutorials, they said that the important thing is that this line be as smooth as possible when driving, so that the AI goes through its place according to what situation was on the track with other rivals. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_x_IpHUxEHDsSp0Bo7gi_QByn-TCe3VY/view?usp=sharing

atomed likes this.
  13. atomed

atomed Member

I saw you racing the other day with Lucky Ramone, if your AIWs are at your level they´re going to be great :cool:

14. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Let's see if this time everything goes as it should. Let's see if redapg can also test it and if there is any error let me know. The idea is that the AI behaves like a real pilot.

pkelly likes this.
  15. redapg

redapg Registered

I've opened a private Conversation with you already. ;)

16. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Hello. Well, I have solved the problems that I had when recording the lines of the AIW, and therefore I have been able to record them. Now after watching a race and seeing if the AI takes advantage of the width of the track, and maintains parallels, I have to say that the lines are already correct, and the fastest. The bad thing is that there is something that happens to me, in relation to the fact that just before passing the finish line, at about 50-60m the cars stop, and that causes the speed at the end of the straight to be low, not counting the collisions that can be caused. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem? In the rest of the lap everything goes perfect. Thanks.

17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

atomed likes this.
  18. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Thanks. I'll check it out and see if I can fix it. At least the step is that I have managed to get the lines correct, all that remains is to solve this problem, and we can also enjoy racing against the AI in a more humane way in terms of behavior on the track.

19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

watch the video from 6:35

20. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Ok. I have already seen how to solve the problem. Thanks for sharing the video. I'm going to get to work on it, and I hope that this time it's final. As soon as it goes well, I'll share it here for you to try.

lagg, pkelly and Manfredk2 like this.