[REL] Barcelona 2021 Community Update

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, May 26, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Coming from THIS Thread, i want to offer a Download of an Update for the Barcelona 2021 Track here.
    I think it is better to open a new Thread for it, instead of posting updated Downloads on Page 2 or 5 or 8, in the other Thread.
    In this Way, i can keep the first Post updated with new Versions.
    And it's called "Community Update", because different Users will be involved, i guess.

Changelogs:
    Version 1.23
    - new/improved AIW Pathes by @Ruben Cerlem

Version 1.1
    - new AIW (removed overlapping main and Pit Waypoint Pathes, new FASTEST, BLOCK, LEFT, RIGHT)
    - reordered Pit Doors, to get them being opened according to the Pitgroup
    - converted Texture LOGOS_PIRELLI_ROAD_ALBA.dds to proper Format
    - changed a wrong linked Texture in a Material JSON, that the Teammember did use (thanks for the Hint @DJCruicky )
    - new Shader JSON Files and a simplified Track Detail Map for some Road Materials, to get a better Rain Appearance

Version 1.0
    - Modified Textures, to get the Track loading on Windows 7 Machines
    - Working additional Startlights
    - new AIW Waypoint Pathes, to get rid of overlapping main and Pit Path
    - i forgot: a no DRS Version is included too

Important Note: The original Track from the Steam Workshop, converted by @Luis Barata, is updated with this Community Update, so if you are subscribed to it, you get the latest Version, that also loads in Windows 7 now.
    It can be found here: Barcelona 2021

To avoid any Conflicts or Problems delete (if they exist) the Folders:
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.0Win7fix
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.1Win7fix
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.1CU1.0
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Barcelona2021\1.1CU1.1
    manually.

And i also would recommend to delete (if they exist) the rfcmp Files:
    Barcelona2021_Win7fix_v1.0.rfcmp
    Barcelona2021_Win7fix_v1.1.rfcmp
    Barcelona2021_CommunityUpd_v1.0.rfcmp
    Barcelona2021_CommunityUpd_v1.1.rfcmp

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  2. Marcos

Marcos Registered

Thank you very much Redapg for updating this circuit.
    I have a graphic problem when the track gets wet and it becomes excessively bright. I don't know if it is a graphic configuration problem in my case or simply that it is not properly configured for wet. Could you tell me something about it?
    Thanks again.

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

All still fine :).
    Could you do this one as well logos_pirelli_road_alba.dds
    20220526165818_1.jpg

The Team members in the pitlane have wrong skins, they look like crash test dummies :D. They are incorrectly pointing to file marshalsa.dds but they should be pointing to TEAMMEMBERS.DDS instead.
    Team members1.PNG Team members2.PNG
    The track is very good. Maybe the best version of Spain for rFactor2? :)

4. redapg

redapg Registered

For me it looks OK i would say (Screenshot below).
    Is that the only Track that looks excessivly bright for you?
    GRAB_000.JPG

@DJCruicky I'll do my best with the Logo and Pitcrews. :)

pkelly and Corti like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

The Problem is, that the Pit Doors are ordered 19,18,17...., but the Garages 0, 1, 2...
    Will be fixed in the next Update. :)

pkelly and Flipo like this.
  6. Marcos

Marcos Registered

upload_2022-5-26_19-59-44.jpeg
    upload_2022-5-26_20-0-11.jpeg
    The first image is Albert Park at 35% wet and the second is Barcelona at 35% wet.
    I see unrealistic Barcelona, very crystalline.
    This has not happened to me with any other mod.

haunetal1990 likes this.
  7. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Thanks for the input. I am already doing the work of improving the AIW. Between today and tomorrow I will finish it. I want everything to be perfect. Without a doubt, the work you are doing is very good. The AI at 100% difficulty, at certain points of the circuit, has a slightly slow cornering, and makes there be a difference of almost 2.5 "between them and me with default setup. For better results, I have deactivated wear of tires, damage and no fuel consumption, so I don't have to be aware of these damages on performance every lap.

redapg likes this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

Ah, now i see what you did mean, "excessively bright" is something else from my Understanding. ;)
    Barcelona has more Water on the Surface and so it looks like a Mirror.
    It seems as if Barcelona has no Track Detail Map, with that also the Appearance of Rain/Water on the Road Surface can be "defined".
    I have to say that i'm absolutely no Painter.
    But since this will be a Community Update, maybe someone jumps in and offers to create such a Map.
    I can help with it, if something needs to be mapped for Example, but not with Painting, sorry.

9. redapg

redapg Registered

Ensure also that no Talent File gets used for the AI Cars, to avoid the AI being limited by that.
    I only did compare the AI Laptime of my new AIW with the original AIW and that was almost the same, so it was good enough for me, but Improvements are welcome. :)
    BTW Which Car do you use for the AIW Driving?

10. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I'm doing the editing through replays. That is, I roll on the circuit and save the repetition. Once that's done, I go to the main DevMode menu, and from options I load the replay, using a hot lap to record the AIW after pressing play. I have been told that it can be done that way, and it is more comfortable to work that way. Until 2-3 days ago, I recorded directly, and if I didn't get the best lap, I had to record again and it takes longer.

11. Marcos

Marcos Registered

"A picture is worth a thousand words", sorry English is not my mother tongue.
    It would be great if some graphic genius in this community (there are quite a few) is interested in this matter. For my part, I am going to investigate with other circuits like this and see if I can add it. Thanks for the information and thanks again for responding.

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It's called a Puddle Map. It would be difficult as there are other steps not done on the track..
    The main track is just using only a T1 shader. Does not have spec and normal maps, no real road. The rubber you see on the track is a Decal on top. The road has not been quadified for real road.
    Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG
    I am not the interested graphic genius person to do sorry. :(

13. redapg

redapg Registered

I still prefer the "old" Way to drive AIW Pathes, but yes, to get a Lap from a Replay can be the quicker Way.
    But you have to drive in both Cases. :)
    Maybe you also can use the AI Learning Feature, to improve the Laptimes (if it still works).

Unfortunately you can not use a detail Map from another Track, because it has to be made for each Track, due to the Layout. HERE is some Info about it.
    And English is also not my Mother Tongue, you are not alone. :)

14. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry, i have to correct you. :)
    It uses Real road Shader by using a Material JSON File, but i guess it was made before the Detail Map was implemented into the Game.

DJCruicky likes this.
  15. redapg

redapg Registered

@Marcos I have made a Test and used the Loch Drummond Material with all it's Textures, inclusive the Road Detail Map and it "partly" works as you can see on the Screenshot.
    The Track Area that uses the Loch Drummond Material is on the right Side of the Car.
    The Track Wettness is set to 35%.
    BUT It also looks like that with 100% now.
    So there are some more Things necessary to get it working properly, besides of the not matching Road Detail Map, as it seems, maybe also the Road Mesh itself that has to be modified, like @DJCruicky has mentioned.
    But that would be a LOT of work.
    I usually work with Cars, not Tracks, so my Knowledge is limited and Graphics (Material, Shaders, Textures...) are not my preferred "Working Area".
    But if free Time allows it, i will try to maybe improve that too.
    But i can not promise anything. :)
    GRAB_005.PNG

Flipo, DJCruicky and atomed like this.
  16. redapg

redapg Registered

A next quick Test and small Step ahead i would say.
    I have mapped all Polys that use _WET Material now and rendered that Mapping to a Texture that i use as a kind of Track Detail Map.
    And with that and a Material JSON from Loch Drummond, a Difference in the Rain Appearance is visible already.
    At least it is much less like a Mirror

Old Material 100% Wetness:

GRAB_007.PNG

New Material with "Track Detail Map" 100% Wetness

GRAB_008.PNG

New Material with "Track Detail Map" 30% Wetness

GRAB_009.PNG

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    makan, Matt21, Radkappe and 8 others like this.
  17. Marcos

Marcos Registered

Redapg you are a crack! thanks for taking an interest in this.
    Can I download this update now to test it?

redapg likes this.
  18. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

I'm testing the AIW, since I've made some adjustments, but I want to see if the AI is working. I have changed the fastest line so that the cars take more advantage of the limits of the track, seeing that in several curves they did not go as fast as they should. Tomorrow it will be ready and perfect.

Thanks @repapg for sharing what I was really getting. Anyway I have already learned how to make the lines using a replay. More comfortable, faster and more efficient. Your fastest line compared to how it was by default, very good, so it is your credit without a doubt.

Manfredk2 and redapg like this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

@Marcos Thanks for the kind Words. :)
    Do you have the Track in DevMode already or do you use the DevMode at all?
    If yes, i could send a small zip File with the Textures and Material JSON that i use for the main Track now, that you can test it.
    I don't want to package a new rfcmp before the other Fixes, that are on my todo List are done and the new AIW from @Ruben Cerlem can also be included.

@Ruben Cerlem Also thanks for the kind Words, but your AIW -> your Credits. ;)
    What you have written sounds good, so i maybe can package a new rfcmp soon that includes your AIW and if, as said above, my todo List is worked off.

20. Marcos

Marcos Registered

I don't use DevMode, when I do any modification I pack it in rfcmp.
    you can send me the dds and I insert them if you want.
    By the way, I handle Photoshop a bit, if at any time you need help for any of your projects, count on me. They are also interested in getting started with AIW. I'll have to start learning how to use DevMode.

redapg likes this.