SOLVED Barcelona 2021 [convert by LuisB]

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Pocisk, May 17, 2022.

1. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Exactly

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

hm, probably this is because the AI is changing the lines to quick (distance between block and fastest line?) and is ignoring the other car. Maybe you want to send me and/or redapg your AIW to have a look

Fastest line is very good, no need to change something.

Flipo and GertjanD like this.
  3. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Well, today I can't, but tomorrow I'll do what I've done to see what the fault might be. Thanks for the help. Let's see if we have it right soon, and that the AI works correctly

Flipo likes this.
  4. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Hello. Yesterday I wanted to re-enter the circuit, and the rf2 DevMode was hanging. It was already difficult for me to organize the structure at the time to be able to open it, and yesterday with that same structure, it does not let me enter, and it always hangs on me. Have you made any DevMode updates in the last month, such that it won't let me in? He had more or less not entered since then. I leave photos of how I had it structured

5. redapg

redapg Registered

At which Point does it hang?
    Have you checked if there are Error Popups showing in the Background (with Alt+Tab)?
    There are a lot of Sound Error Messages since a While.
    If that is the Problem, hit Enter again and again.

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

For AIW editing it is enough if you copy the whole folder from "installed/locations to moddev/locations. Normally no need for extract something or creating a structure. For this track i had to alter the scn to get it opened in devmode so i extracted the 2021_Barcelona.mas

SearchPath=.
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\2021_BARCELONA
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\ANIM
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\GMT
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\MAPS
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\MARSHALS
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\MATERIALS
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\TEX
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\OLD
    SearchPath=2021_BARCELONA\ASSETS\SPONSORS

Screenshot 2022-05-23 095716.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2022
    Flipo likes this.
  7. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Already from the beginning. A friend and I some time ago following a tutorial on YouTube, we saw how he made the structure of how to create folders, and certain more files had to go to these renamed folders with the most corresponding file name, and when finished, along with the path in the scn file it worked for us but yesterday, without changing anything since then, it no longer loaded. It hung as soon as it entered the circuit. A popup file appears, but when it crashes, it won't let me close or accept it. I pass the photos of how said friend and I had it before.

Attached Files:

Flipo likes this.
  8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

As written above: only for AIW editing it is not necessary to unpack the mas-files and create a structure.

Not sure but why does your AIW and SCN not have the extension .aiw and .scn in filenames?

Flipo likes this.
  9. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Is it difficult to make ?
    There are more and more tracks (maybe even cars) that can not be loaded on Win7...
    Maybe there are less and less Win7 users as well !

Flipo likes this.
  10. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Well, after watching a YouTube video... we saw how he carried out a certain work structure to be able to load the circuit. Anyway, I was able to access the circuit by looking at the images you shared, and you wrote it to me from the SCN file, and I can now enter the circuit. Now I have to see how I can solve the issue of the blocking line above all, which is driving me crazy haha.

This is the video I saw on YouTube to make the work structure I was commenting on

Flipo likes this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

It's not difficult, at least it wasn't with the Barcelona Track, but it can be Time consuming.

Flipo and SRGP like this.
  12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

ah, ok. The video is outdated.

Flipo likes this.
  13. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Is there a way to remove the existing lines, both fastest, right, left and block, and redo them completely? To work I think it would be easier. How do you carry out the modifications of the AIW?

Flipo likes this.
  14. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

By the way, in what can be seen in the photo, with that failure regarding the maximum speed at that point... what is it due to? Perhaps because it is a car like a skippy, since it does not reach the speed of an F1, when said F1 arrives at that speed it slows down, to gain acceleration again?

Flipo likes this.
  15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

You can delete the block line in AIW editor. Choose this options and then "save waypoints". This does obviously not work with fastest, left and right but you can overwrite them by recording a new one. Deleting the AIW file completly, even with 0 AI, crashes my devmode.
    20220523153021_1.jpg

The speed of the waypoints depends on the car. Here is the same part with the Skippy. Every car will brake there. If you record a path with a F1 it will not be faster than with the Skippy. It has to be smooth, this counts most.
    20220523153530_1.jpg

16. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Perfect. Well, I'm going to do it from 0, because I think it's better than doing it by joining waypoints like I did before. Thanks for the help, and let's see if I can finally solve the problem. Thank you so much for help me. I hope to gain experience to start working on other circuits as well.

Flipo likes this.
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

You are welcome :)

Maybe try to record a new block path first and see if the strange moves, the AI did, are gone. Or delete the block path and see what the AI does with only the fastest path.

Flipo likes this.
  18. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem Registered

Okay. At the moment if I leave only the fastest line, without the block line, when leaving the box, the AI tries to cross the wall to go to the finish line, not respecting the pitlane. It also gives small but sharp steering wheel turns. What I have noticed is that to record a block line, you have to record an entire lap until they join. Is there a way to record and save only the zones I want to modify?

Flipo likes this.
  19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

yes, there is a way. atomed wrote a great guide how to do this. https://mega.nz/folder/CIIlGQ5C#jmMrO8sfvanSx4D6X8PaLg/file/DUwwhYJL

In short: you record a replay with some laps. Then you record the laps you want to use in AIW editor. From the recorded laps you could copy parts of it to your, for example, block line. Sounds a bit tricky but the guide is great and explains everything. Try first if a replay from the game works in devmode.

Flipo likes this.
  20. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for the patch redapg. Your patch seems to have fixed also a different problem with the track too. Before installing patch the Sponsor ads around the track had a bad shimming affect to them even with max AA and AF graphics settings. Like as if the Mip Mapping were not working or something. Was very noticeable on the DHL banners. Your patch seems to have fixed this shimming like look. Cheers.

Flipo, pkelly and redapg like this.