Movement of other cars far from myself

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by SKYLINE1729, May 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. SKYLINE1729

SKYLINE1729 Registered

Hello!
    Since it became version 1128 (including the release candidate version), the movement of other cars far away from myself in the replay has become awkward.
    This phenomenon has not occurred in the previous version.
    The settings have not been changed at all.
    Are there any other people?
    Developer, why? please tell me.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

From online play?

Check your network settings in the game. It might have reset down to about 128kbps, you'll want probably 1mbps+ to help keep more remote data.

Lars and SKYLINE1729 like this.
  3. SKYLINE1729

SKYLINE1729 Registered

Thanks for your comment!
    Yes, it's an online replay.
    The photo is the current setting.
    There is an option of "LAN" as the connection type, and both change to 5.00Mbps. Should I change it? replay setting.png

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not too sure what the 'normal' setting is, but if you have no data limit issues and a decent connection shove it on 5Mbps both ways.

Lars, kro388th and SKYLINE1729 like this.
  5. SKYLINE1729

SKYLINE1729 Registered

Okay, this may solve it.
    Thank you very much.;)

6. SKYLINE1729

SKYLINE1729 Registered

Hello.
    After changing the settings today, I raced online for the first time and saved the replay, but other cars far from my car still got awkward.:(
    So, it seems to be a change since this build.
    that's all.

7. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

@SKYLINE1729 I used to have this same problem a year or 2 ago. I would watch the replay, and only cars moments near my car are recorded with detail.
    The cars would warp. The drivers steering wheels would not be turning, or they would be pointing in the wrong direction.
    It's like some one has drawn a big circle around my car (maybe 300 metres diameter?), and only cars inside this are recorded on the replay with detail. My internet is cable 200Meg down + 20Meg up.
    My fix is odd and is the opposite of the advice you have just been given, I change the Connection type back to the default Cable/DSL 256kbs/256kbs and that fixed the problem. If this is what you already had it on, than I guess you have different problem.

Just as an experiment to test to see if this same problem is still there, in my league event last Sunday I tested the Practice session with settings at 1meg down/1meg up, and then change it back to the default 256kbs for Qualify and Race sessions.
    After the event I watched the Practice session replay and cars far from me looked like this--->

The replay of the Qualify and Race sessions were fine which I ran with the Cable/256kps/256kps default setting.

I have no idea if rFactor uses different code if you use anything from the default Cable256kps/256kps setting. I'm using Medium Replay fidelity.
    I do not know if things would be different for me in a race with 30+ drivers as we only get max 20 drivers in my league.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  8. SKYLINE1729

SKYLINE1729 Registered

Thank you.
    So can you put the settings here in the photo when you say it's okay?