Released Q2 Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 9, 2022.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I control our dedicated server with admin privileges but I appear to have lost the “Restart Race” button in multiplayer when a race has begun. When we have a crash in the opening lap, we often restart the race but now I only have the option to Restart Warmup which means I have to reset the grid again which is a pain. Please bring back the Restart Race option.

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

S397 when will physics fixes regarding tyres , aero, engine inertia etc for GT cars will arrive ? also with latest physics features and optimized sounds ?
    not to mention some older gt cars need drastic overhaul in terms of interior.
    so now that Q2 content drop is out of the way can we hope for the above.

Eveno, sg333 and Havner like this.
  3. RoWo

RoWo Member

Does the command "/callvote restartrace" not work?

kro388th likes this.
  4. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Why in VR are the revlights behind the rim of the steeringwheel in the BTCC cars? I noticed something similar in ACC where in the McLaren the rear view camera is partially obscured by steeringwheel. I guess you just have to fiddle with seat pos.but i find it strange the default is like that.

5. Stevy

Stevy Registered

wanted to drive the oreca just for fun.
    Oh no the normal one with the skins is still not updated for the sounds.
    OK let's take the "test" one....oh it has no shift protection.
    I never quit rf2 this fast.

So...when can we expect more content to be updated? In the trailer for the sound update we already saw few more cars than just LMP2 (one of two), rf-pro and the indycar

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As with the switch do DX11, you will need to be a bit patient until the content get's updates along the way. That said, if you listen carefully you will notice that content that was configured properly before with the old sound engine will work very good allready with the new sound engine. So the same story as with the DX11 switch. I tried different cars and especialy the GTE cars are sounding fantastic with the new engine. Also tried the MAK Corps Group C mod at Brands and it's fantastic to hear the different cars whizzing by with their different distinctive sounds when you get into spectator mode and set the sound to immersive. It's a night and day difference allready as there is a real sound scape. It reminds me of this video (2:00 minutes mark onwards).

What get's added on top of it in the future is basicly the icing on the cake, like whiper sounds and other little details that we could hear allready with the Oreca test car. I also got to say, that the base works very good allready and in some cases even better than comparable cars using FMOD solutions. I tried the 911 RSR back to back in AMS2 and rF2 and the rF2 version sounded quite a bit better for me.

7. FS7

FS7 Registered

Are there any plans to improve rF2 hud? Like having the option to have more info on the screen, distance to the car in front/behind, trackmap, etc. The current hud is very bare bones and lacks a lot of info.
    Don't tell me to go download some random hud mod from the workshop, that's all basic stuff that should be in the game.

8. Havner

Havner Registered

[3:55 PM] Christopher_EEE: rFactor 2 Hotfix Update

Steam Build IDs
    Client: 8762559
    Dedicated: 8762564

- Updated copyright screen to show correct year
    - Fixed a crash that would occur while doing driver swaps
    - Fixed an issue where tire scrub would play on grass and gravel
    - Fixed an issue where the spotter would cut off words

McFlex, Bernat and djvicious like this.
  9. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So after using the new soundengine for a few days I now have everything at 100 % but "sound effects" at 25 %. And that's just because of suspension and rumblestrip sounds. The rest of the sound effects would be okay on 100 % for sure.

10. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Join the queue of people waiting, but don't hold your breath.

I doubt it's at the top of their list.

Your best bet is either using a workshop mod or SimHub, I know, not ideal, but they are your only options for now

11. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I get constant hickups (framerate stutters) everytime i am in the below image. Is this normal?

Untitled.png

PS i get this only if there is a "package update" when the game starts

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If there is a package update, it has already begun and the download/deletion/installation is taking up resources. Nothing to worry about unless it happens when there is no load on the front end or your system. That would mean the program is taxing your system under normal circumstances. (Which, if this ONLY happens during updates, your system is at least capable of handling the UI) I've seen this on my system as well, but do not notice any slowdowns during actual use of rF2.

Lars and Haris1977 like this.
  13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Oh, by the way, I bought the Q2 DLC. I liked everything, except the angle of the wheel. Can't get out of the Laguna Seca boxes the first time.

It always happens to me. Because the game constantly checks the 2018 formula E package, which I don't have. Been watching this check for two years now.

@Paul Jeffrey can this be fixed?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There was an entire thread about Formula e trying to update. I would suggest using windows to manually delete everything associated with Formula E. cars, tracks, EVERYTHING. Then next time you boot rF2, it will all be replaced.
    look in both of the following locations. (I got this from a post by @Goanna )
    installed/location-installed/vehicles section and from …steam/steamapps/workshop/content/365960/car/track folder

15. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

I don't know if this has been reported by anyone else, so sorry if I am repeating another post.

While I am delighted that the stuttering effect I was suffering with in the car setup screen while playing in VR from the Q1 content drop has been looked at and mostly fixed, I (and my friends) are still getting it on the summary page rather than in ALL the setup screen tabs.

We are all using Oculus Quest 2 headsets.
    Can this, please, be investigated?

Many Thanks.

16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Same here. Using Samsung Odessey Plus WMR Headset. Would like to get it fixed aswell

17. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

Same behaviour here.

18. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Same here on G2!

19. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

@Paul Jeffrey this doesn't seem to be an isolated incident, can it be investigated, pleasee?

Thanks

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

2 months before Q3, I'm hyped, maybe Oulton ?

R.Noctua and mixer61 like this.