CS-closed Formula Challenge 2022

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Mar 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Ok thanks. But what about the briefing, weather?

2. Main communication is on discord, this is where penalties, briefings etc will be posted. However for this round a standard briefing will be posted.

3. Raceday! Welcome to Formula Challenge 2022
    Note there will be specific rules to Split 1 vs lower splits

Weather: 22c - Partly cloudy - 0% chance of rain

Qualifying: Open, max 6 total laps - 15 mins, game controls when session is ending (meaning it will not end at 0:00 but run until the drivers finished their lap (they started before session ended))
    Split 1 specific:
    You may NOT use escape on track, once you cross the pit entry line go to the service line - (where cars get serviced in a pitstop) and then and only then may you hit escape.

No warmup session!

Race: As per rules, formation lap (follow in game instructions, do not exceed 200 km/h) standing start, please be careful in the last sector when slowing down, remember your actions can be penalized.
    The entire track will be an orange zone during the formation lap and lap 1.
    Once the race is over, please complete an in-lap before escaping unless told otherwise by race control in game chat.
    Disclaimer
    In the case that lag, a disconnection, or a major game bug affects your race, we cannot adjust the finishing positions post-race or restart the race.
    Restarts will only take place in an event according to the rules.

4. Formula Challenge server is up on test day, called Formula Challenge

5. Karoly Mayer

Karoly Mayer Registered

Hi Jimmy, I signed up to the Formula Challenge Yesterday, but Today I couldn't join Spa because of a notification: 'TypeError: Cannot read property 'find' of undefined'. Beta is selected NONE for me (with release candidate didn't run CS at all).
    Any idea what to do?

6. Yesterday something was really up, so i cant say - beside i dont know who you are, since you are using a nickname here so i cant review in the logs. Can you tell me your name please?

7. Round 1 at Spa has been rescheduled to Tuesday 24st May at 20:00 CEST.

Risto Kappet likes this.
  8. Karoly Mayer

Karoly Mayer Registered

Sure, 'Karoly Mayer' is my name. Yes, It is an old issue for me: I cannot change my 'Vidja' to the real name in the profile page of the Forum. I would be greatful for any help in this way.
    Anyhow, glad to hear that the race is postponed. Hope I can join next week. (a few more days to build my setup - not bad :)

9. I don't see anything in the logs. Can you have a go in one of the comps before Formula Challenge please?

10. After some tests it has become clear that there is a conflict in the game when a mod has used a none parc ferme and then uses a parc ferme options. It has been reported so it can be fixed, its not a problem if you would run a normal league simply changing the tracks/mod etc. But it is here. So for this season I have decided to remove the parc ferme rule, simply to avoid some might not have it and some will.

11. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Darius Andrei, grudevart and lagg like this.
  12. Relegation rules have been posted. Please hold any questions until you know you are an actual relegation driver.

13. A small update (livery fix) has been pushed just now.

14. Important briefing posted on discord.
    Recap: Rolling start, formation lap max speed: 130 - everything else as per usual

Risto Kappet likes this.
  15. Congratulations to Team Fordzilla for fighting to stay in Formula Pro and winning relegation.
    Welcome to the new team of needracing.com to Formula Pro next season.
    Rocket simsport are relegated and unfortuantly leaves Formula Pro, at least for now.

That is it for Formula Series for now. Thank you everyone for being involved.

lagg, davehenrie and Julien Lemoine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.