Anyone else concerned about MSG’s future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamesleegte, Apr 4, 2022.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

give an opinion we can all give an opinion... but giving an opinion without knowing is great... by the way, do you know how much they earned when they went public?... I no longer talk about other controversies... that makes me laugh, I say yes that company falls or another takes over or whatever, I have enough with my house to take care of someone else's house:D:D:D:D

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It makes no sense to not buy product in order to save the sim :D By all means do what you like and what you think is right, but why tell others what to do with their money and time ?

We have guys talking such stuff because most simracing influencers are useless and sell outs. They usually don't say anything valuable or exact about actual simulation, physics. And now recently they has become experts at running companies, finances and law :D

pkelly and Rui Santos like this.
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Whatever you buy it will be yours FOREVER! Even if rF2 support ends (something that will not happen soon), rF2 will still live for several years! I still find leagues with rFactor1, now THINK ABOUT IT!! ;)

4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You seem pretty sure. I hope you’re right but not so sure it will live for several years. If MSG shuts down and no one buys rf2 who will pay for maintenance?

5. lagg

lagg Registered

rF1 and AC don't agree with this.

6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If you guys are not living the present thinking about the "uncertain" future, you'd better stay home and only eat fruit and salad...

turtleCZ and lagg like this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

[​IMG]

8. trichens

trichens Registered

I agree with @lagg
    One of the features of rF2 is the ability to set up your our private servers without having to rely on S397 to do this for you.
    As long as the server software is available people will still be able to run their own.
    Currently the Simple rfactor2 Server list tool shows 519 servers available.
    I have a handful I can run myself when I can.
    With people having fast fibre optic connections nowadays - mine is 500Mb up and down - it's easy to run this sort of thing from home with some basic - for which read old - hardware.

9. trichens

trichens Registered

I've got a fixed IPv4 address so it's really just a case of getting the ports sorted out.
    I've been able to run three rF2 servers, an ACC server, an AC server and TeamSpeak server, together with Log Analyser over the same connection with no problems.
    I've used one of the free DNS services to map a domain name to the IP address which all seems to work OK.

However, with increased electricity charges in the UK running it 24/7 isn't an option; the hardware I'm using is Dell R420 and R610 servers that are both noisy and use a fair but of power.

turtleCZ likes this.
  10. lagg

lagg Registered

rF1, AC, rF2 have leagues.
    There are leagues that use private or paid servers.
    There are very good public servers, with good bandwith.
    We own the bought content and can use it, offline or online, independently of the "manteinance" of S397.
    rF1 become fashion after ISI stopped the development and now happens the same with AC.
    There are a lot of leagues using AC and now is abandonware.
    This is the best scenario for modders, because they know that the behaviour of their content will be the same in the future, because the sim will not change. Now there is a boom of modders in AC.

In any case...
    Long life Studio 397!!!

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    svictor, Rui Santos and turtleCZ like this.
  11. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

to me and not only to me but to most of the drivers, it is not interested in MODDERS or unofficial championships, but it is interested in a competition system that is close to IRACING or ACC, the rest does not count much my friend, and this RF2 will die , we hope not!

12. trichens

trichens Registered

I was about go off on a small rant here, but instead will bite my tongue and simply say....
    OM

13. Flipo

Flipo Registered

How do you know what most pilots are interested in? Do you know them all? How do you know their preferences?
    :confused:

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Becuase as content creators their job isn’t to talk about physics and realism. Their job is to entertain.

But I guess you could do it? There’s clearly a gap in the market you could fill. XD

15. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

content is being created for a simulator....whats most important thing in a sim ? ofcourse its driving, physics ....realism thats quite literally the point of a sim. so if their job is to create content for a sim then they SHOULD have to go into physics side of things(as much they are cable of and/or depending on their audience)....otherwise they are doing extremely poor job.
    this is exactly the reason i don't watch any sim YT channels.....they are useless for me.

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, go on, make fun of me, do it more please, perhaps it will work similar as clout chase eventually. I am a simple guy, if there would be 5-10 regular people that would be willing watch, listen, and discuss these important and IMO highly interesting things it would be worth the hassle to me. I did consider writing a blog, which I'd be happy if it would ever reach 5-10 true active followers lol I wouldn't care about finding a market gap, it would be fantastic just to find minds alike, no need followers.

I shared and complemented your last vid about rF2 though, I enjoyed it a lot. It was fair and honest when you said you have no idea if cars are realistic. Most importantly it is fair to leave people deciding end thing by themselves, rather than to be told what to think. So, if it is somehow important, for that matter I have no criticism towards you. I don't say this to gain your sympathy, frankly - I don't care about it.

Simracing as legit simulation genre would benefit from someone like Julius Sumner Miller was.

17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

It appears that Studio 397 still has sufficient funds to pay professional race commentators to make videos. Perhaps this is a good sign?

18. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

You mean the S397 employee? :p

19. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I think the people @mantasisg is refering to is these hacks that are just using sim racing to further their own online presence and get a following. Most of them probably don't even really love sim racing and just got on the bandwagon recently because they saw it was gaining popularity and wanted to hitch their wagon to it. Their "content" is mostly all cookie cutter surface level stuff and repeating what everyone else is saying. It's not unique, it offers nothing insightful, is of barely any value and quite frankly is a borefest. Views are dropping as the scene becomes over saturated. Sim racing IS physics and realism... that's basically the whole point... and when someone with actual knowledge covers sim racing in this aspect it's usually pretty entertaining to me.

There are obviouly guys that do not fall into this category and what they do comes from the heart and are not "sell outs" like the others.

20. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Harsh criticism but true!
    I admit not having that deep knowledge of physics, or motorsport in general.
    I've acquired a bit of general basic knowledge about setups. But also rather superficial.
    I slipped into SimRacing myself 4 years ago.
    I love motorsport, but unfortunately I don't have the financial means to experience it in real life. After a long research I discovered rF2. According to the masses, it offers the greatest realism. That's why I switched to this camp.
    I came to video editing 2 years ago.
    Since I enjoy both, I started making videos.
    It just makes me happy.
    But to get back to the point, if you don't have the expertise, what's the point? Good question.
    I enjoy sharing and want to learn more.
    My intention is still to let this channel grow.
    And then to invite the real experts in sim racing / motorsport for talks on just such topics. To learn and experience the true essence of SimRacing.
    2 days ago I met an engineer from Formula E at Mercedes in a forum!
    Maybe I can set up something with him to deepen such topics.
    Unfortunately, my English skills aren't the best either, not everyone has had the same opportunities in life. But that shouldn't be an excuse. I am working on myself.
    My strength is that I'm not afraid to ask questions, I'm open and I want to develop further. And like I said, I love video editing.
    Maybe there is someone here in the forum who would like to set up a Q&A with me on this aspect?
    But again, yes you are right.
    I often ask myself why I still do it at all.
    But then I'll work on the next video again, simply because it's fun..

What I'm wondering now, what exactly do you want to hear around this topic?