New sounds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by olukelo, Apr 15, 2022.

1. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

I don't even want to write about it, the spotter is a disgrace. I turn it off and use CrewChief.

2. Eagle1982

Eagle1982 Registered

Thank you very much. Yes I know that "CrewChief" ist the better choice. But does anyone know whats the reasons that it doesn´t function after Q2-improvements ?

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

It does here, albeit sometimes the times get a bit jumbled up, ie it’s like some of the numbers being read all come out at the same time.

4. Eagle1982

Eagle1982 Registered

Perhaps reason could be that I´m using a car from the VLN mod. But before Q2 drop with the improvements all worked fine.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

So
    1- some users have the AI cars sound to much loud that they can’t hear their own car.
    2- some like me won’t hear the AI car sound.
    3- some are happy with the sound .

rlaycock likes this.
  6. Eagle1982

Eagle1982 Registered

Does anyone know if mods can be a problem after the Q2 improvements ?

7. BorisK66

BorisK66 Registered

And everyone would be happy if there were a sufficient number of settings, preferably for each car :)

rlaycock likes this.
  8. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Just like with the mirrors? No, thanks. Let it be correct for all content.

9. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Not the best analogy, imo.
    With mirrors, the "right setting" is quite objective, it just works.

With audio, it's more like FFB, more subjective and dependent on how we define "immersive". Some will say "Broadcast" audio is the correct reference for racing-sims, others may prefer the raw sound audio approach, muffled-helmet reality, or something in between.

Players want simple ffb settings but, also tend to seek "better ffb" constantly. Basic / Advanced settings approach would be a good compromise, same with audio, imo.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Should I enable bass enhancement in Windows or it’s useless?

11. rlaycock

rlaycock Registered

Hi
    I completely agree, reverting to the old build is inconvenient. but in hopefully the short term, at least we can.
    Personally, I cant drive the Porsche cup car and other cars with the new sounds as all I can hear is the opposition cars going on and off the power through the corners. (It actually gives me a headache) The opposition sounds completely drowns out my car sounds. No issues with the cup car sound when no other cars are around me, but that is not racing. Also no issues with the new touring car sounds. Until this is fixed by studio 397 I guess I will use other sims and only use RF2 for the new touring cars which is a shame as I do enjoy RF2.
    Should this be raised officially through a ticket system or are studio 397 aware?
    Best wishes
    Bob

12. RusRob

RusRob Registered

This is only one of the reasons I am giving up on rF2.
    It seems this is a common issue with S397, Create something new and break other stuff in the game and call it an update... They expect the people that are buying their crap to try to fix the issue they created in the first place.

To me this game is not playable anymore and there is no reason to even boot it up. I downloaded this last release and now all I hear is the AI jabbing the throttle and can't even concentrate on my car because I can barely hear it.

So yet another thing S397 Broke while dabbling around with programming. LOL

Who knows, Maybe MSG will actually get some real programmers to fix all the problems S397 has created.. lol

I won't hold my breath, I think they will be bankrupt before the dust even settles on this fiasco.

I really wanted to like rF2 but it is just so much easier to fire up AC and not be annoyed by something. It may not have the physics that rF2 does but it is so easy to boot up and have fun.

Sorry, I tried. rF2 lost its luster.

Bob

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For older content where you can't hear your engine, they have provided a slider under the LEGACY section that allows you to raise the volume of your engine. I have mine right now, around 80%. I will probably adjust that some more as I get more familiar with the package.
    The alternative to phasing in this sound update would be to excise everything in the workshop that does not meet the new requirements and only allow it back on once the mod creators have caught up. This is a temporary transition, it could last a few months or, depending upon the response of modders, never completely finished. I expect some more massaging as they get more feedback. Actually the biggest complaint for the new upgraded cars is the exact opposite. The opponents engines are too quiet. go figure.

14. Comante

Comante Registered

Yeah, dragging a slide bar is a daunting task, I feel for you Bob.

It's called progress, for humanity to reach the stars we had to give up chariots. Go figure.

pkelly likes this.
  15. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Registered

I am finding some of the older cars ( mods and many that come default with the game I've tried) has massive wind noise drowning out the engine ( F3, McLaren F1 etc.) I will try some of the legacy settings and see how that goes. IR-18 is fine. I'm new to RF2 and haven't had to fiddle this much with a game for years........

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  16. Nitro McClean

Nitro McClean Registered

The new sound is stunning for the cars which use this. But the sound from the cars which use the "legacy sound" it is terrible. I thing to fix this could be done in 2 steps.
    Step 1: make it possible to save the legacy sound mix per mod instead of one mix for the whole of rFactor2
    Step 2: take another look at the engine sound. The engine sound from the same mod now sounds really different from the engine sound before the sound update. I does not need rocket science to generate a decent sound. If it was possible with the old sound engine, it should be possible with the new sound engine to.