Released British Touring Car Championship

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 3, 2022.

1. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yep, can't make it out of the garage without doing a "Y-turn". :D

2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Reminds me of my last car, 2016 focus ST. That thing needed a 4 lane road to bust a u-turn. Well, unless you wanted to hand brake slide it at high speed lol.

Regards.

3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@Paul Jeffrey

HI, the cars are amazing in every aspect, but I noticed a detail on the Toyota that bothers me, it's not a new thing, it's been happening a lot lately...

Why we don't have a decent inside the car onboard camera like in real life? Instead we received a useless cam pointing directly to the body of the driver that doesn't show the track.

This type of cam is important considering a broadcast situation, the audience can relate the driver's input within the track and can be a beautiful showcase of the quality content you guys delivered on the official studio397 events too.

Screenshot_20220511-023100_YouTube.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    PirroC, dylbie, R.Noctua and 8 others like this.
  4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

+1

ebeninca likes this.
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Can you change from right seat to left seat in toyota's tuning menu? Or are you stuck with it?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it IS a British car series.

7. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Yes but the Q50 is left seated..

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

not in Great Britain

Unbenannt.JPG

9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I mean in game. The Q50 is left seated while the corolla is the opposite

It just feels awkward (for the majority of virtual racers) to drive a right seated car and have your gearshifter on your right.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

You're really embarrasing yourself FYI

Bernat likes this.
  11. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

It would be better to leave your personal judgement about me out of this thread..

And i stop it here;)

Havner likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Must be tough for those people who haven't had the majority of games put them on the 'wrong' side of the car :p

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just a little oddity I found. I chose the Toyota and picked a car near the center of the list that appeared red. I then went to the customize screen and it appeard BRIGHT RED under those hi-tech light stands. Then on track, granted it was Donnington in wet wet England, the car looked brown. I thought I was driving a United Express scooter car. (think of the Chocolate M&M) Then I exited and there was the red car again on the UI menu.

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Lucky you :) Thanks -great experiment to try on another rainy, west coast day :-(

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Maybe something's wrong but some paints are like that. My wife's car is dark red under direct sunlight and goes to brown at cloudy days and dark brown almost black at night.

16. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

It is what it is

BTCC Infiniti Q50

BTCC Toyota Corolla

PirroC, Haris1977 and pkelly like this.
  17. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Has anybody else noticed that the AI are relatively slow? I tried the Toyota on the Brands Hatch Indy layout and with the AI set to 120% difficulty, 75% aggression and 20% limiter, I qualified 1st easily. I deliberately got my self disqualified from the qualifying so I could start at the back. In 16 laps I was near the front of the pack, maybe I am just really good, but I doubt that. At Donington GP the AI are not quite so slow but still above what I would expect. I also tried Silverstone National with similar results.
    Looking at the real world lap times, maybe the AI are fine but the human controlled car is too fast. My best lap times are close to the real life times when I should be slower, not being a pro.

A few observations about the BTCC cars,

The Infiniti you can't see the revs lights on the dash as they are hidden behind the steering wheel, unless you lower the seat, but then you can't see out of the windscreen.

The swingman camera on the Toyota zooms in too close resulting in the body work clipping exposing its inners (some other S397 cars also affected). The same camera also zooms out way too far compared to the Infiniti and most other S397 cars. Obviously not a disaster, but shows a lack of continuity amongst the design team.

The Infiniti has the option of a visor mod, but it didn't appear to do anything when I tried it.

None of the official liveried cars have their corresponding real driver names. Maybe that will only happen when all the cars are released?

Also should I be able to refuel during a race? I didn't think they did that in the BTCC.

Apart from those small issues I am enjoying the BTCC content so far and I can't wait for some more cars to add to the variety a bit.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  18. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I'm enjoying these BTCC cars way more than I expected. They are very well done. Can't wait for the Ford Focus and the Honda Civic. Thank you Studio-397!

r00b Driver and DiggerHawk like this.
  19. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yes these BTCC cars are excellent, I'm really looking forward to the whole grid now

And, it will never happen, but it would be awesome if we had some other crazy DTM car to go along with that beauty of a BMW Class 1 (and I know that's the only one of its kind, but how cool would it be if there were an Audi and Mercedes to go with it :)

20. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Can someone explain what’s going on with the Push To Pass in these cars? (2022 rule option)

I gave them a quick go at Brands and noticed that at certain points of the track you would be awarded 15 seconds of P2P deployment… Usually somewhere down the hill past T1 from memory.

However, the P2P ‘time left’ button appears broken and/or inconsistent (I’ve done some modding with P2P so do know how it should/originally (I.e. in RC days) work) - and deployment doesn’t seem to make any sense.

I’ve only ever notionally managed to deploy a second or two of it immediately after the start line - even then it only worked once and subsequent laps kept adding 15 seconds of unusable allowance per lap until the end of the race…

pace_car likes this.