Engine Water temperature

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ayrton de Lima, May 11, 2022.

1. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

The btcc engines as well as the M4 Class 1 do not raise the engine temperature, the oil temperature heats up normally, but the btccs and fo M4 Class1 only go down.

2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

think you should post it in support - bug report

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Have you tried it in different tracks and with different radiator opening settings ? I don't know how well those RL engines deal with heat, but naturally tracks with less straights and more tight turns, less coasting will heat engines more, as well as lesser radiator air intake settings.

This being said if temps ONLY go down, thats weird :D

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The M4 on default setup has an EXTREMELY efficient radiator :D

I mean 5-10 seconds moving forward and the water temp has dropped from nearly 70 degrees to 25 (ambient I think was around 18). 20-24 while doing some laps and oil rising to 110. Stop moving and the water temp slowly approaches the dropping oil temp to about a 20 degree difference.

Rui Santos and mantasisg like this.
  5. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

temps don't matter anyways, u don't lose any engine power.....maybe in SUPER long race your engine life will suffer from excess heat, but unless u are doing no more than 1H or maybe even 3H race(depends on car) , I think it is safe to ignore temps and go for smallest possible radiators.

6. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

with the radiator closed or open at any track or temperature, the same thing happens....

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In many mods that's not the case - minimum radiator will kill the engine quickly.

Of course that's assuming they still behave the same now, which is what this thread is about.

8. Simulation_Player

by quickly you mean 30 minutes or 1H , thats still enough for me to take advantage of min radiator.
    Also iirc only handful of cars have new drivetrain enhancements,
    other content may still be same.
    but i'm pretty sure the toyota btcc has new engine features.
    which is a shame because these new features seems to expand on temp simulation but actually does nothing , just like older model it only affects wear.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, I meant in a few laps. Other than that I'm not even sure what you're talking about here.

10. Simulation_Player

I basically meant that , the new physics features regarding engine temperature
    the only new thing it provides is the option to separate water and oil cooling....and that's about it.
    it is frustrating , why they not decided to push it further than just separating the oil and water radiator and calling it a day.
    In terms of physics in this new build there is nothing impressive.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok. The mention of drivetrain confused me.

They implement what they need when they need it, and whatever vision they have of the future they only take one step at a time, over a long time. 10 years in now, don't forget.

12. Simulation_Player

I must say that the new build overall is quite big, one of the biggest patch notes in history of rf2.
    10 years....damn, i dream if they could surprise us with massive physics improvements as part of 10 year anniversary gift.
    maybe there will even be announcement for rf3 which takes new , better, easier to work approach etc etc...... all the cool adjectives.

Anyways i apologies to all for going off topic, i actually forgot about the existence of missing feature i rant about....but this thread reminded me and here i am.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There won't be an rF3, and it makes no sense to jump to it. Fix rF2. And add features, sure, but they aren't its biggest problem.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.