Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The problem with AMS2 is the same as with PC2 and I think I played enough PC2 to be able to judge that: there are too many cars with some of them being decent while other have abysmal handling. I know this doesn't float well with some of the AMS2 fans - no pun intended - but some of the cars are so damn floaty and wierd, they simply don't drive like cars. And it's the same kind of floatiness that plagued PC1 and PC2. I will just leave this video here so that people can make up their mind if they have seen onboards with cars moving like that:

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

To me its that camera movement! Using legacy camera at 0 fixes the floaty impression imo.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I just tried the MCR back to back with the rF2 Radical...the MCR imo drives so much better than the official rF2 cars. Im not sure why some are asking to have the Reiza content removed from their copy or even removed from Steam!! Even Imola looks better than some official tracks (just maybe bad during rain but same with many official tracks anyway).

SuperMonaco_GP, Filip and pkelly like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In this case, there is no doubt that they reached an agreement, but Studio 397 is responsible.
    If they are good circuits, even if it does not have the new PBR, it is still of quality

5. lagg

lagg Registered

The idea of update all the old content and continue developing rF2, will have two consecuences.
    • Or they will stop releasing new content, because the updating of all the old content Will take all of their time.
    • Or they will continue releasing new content and abandonning some old content.
    I bought the Reiza pack and then agreed with what i bought.
    I can use that content nowadays.
    I'm ok with this if S397 continue releasing new content

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't think that anyone is seriously asking Reiza or S397 to remove the content. Developing the content is the way going forward if you ask me. I also don't think that it makes much sense to compare the content to anything, because compared to the latest offerings from S397 the quality is obviously not on the same level when it comes to road detail and all the technology that comes with the newest tracks and cars. For me it's simply a question of how the content get's tweaked using the latest technology in the sim and I don't see any difference between how I judge S397 and Reiza in that regard. I think S397 would get quite alot of flak if they sold individual tracks in the store and not gave them any updates for several years. So why should I treat the Reiza bundle in a different way? I know, that I am not entitled to endless support but as said, the positive precedent cases are out there.

pkelly likes this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

Why would Reiza update their rf2 content? What's in it for them?
    Updating competitor's sim content is shooting itself in the foot. If someone wants to play latest and prettiest historic Imola or VIR they want them to buy AMS 2 and not rf2.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's the capitalist way to look at it and I am not sure if developers in this niche genre can allways afford it. The question is if Reiza wants to be seen that way and if they don't have an image to lose? Anyway, it simply doesn't make a good impression when a professional studio like Reiza offers outdated content full prize in a store while new products get released, no matter if it's for their prime product or something else and making false promises is part of that issue. There was an update promised for 2021 and it didn't happen. I still remember quite a bit of a sh*t storm when URD stopped updating their content while offering new one so why in gods name should it be different when we talk about Reiza products? Where do we draw a line? Looking at the player numbers of AMS2 I am not sure if all the people are that keen on using that content only in their prime product. And I I hope that this isn't seen as me having a rant abour Reiza but just me explaining what I observed the last couple of years here in this forum and on other websites. Following the financialy best short term solution isn't allways the most profitable long term solution ;)

9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Reiza has their plate full with AMS2, as simple as that. Some of the historic tracks that were planned for last year have been delayed (old Spa and Nords)...
    Still would be great to see that pack updated but it is doubtful it will be, at least soon.
    They could find an arrangement with S397 so they take over it, at least for the content they are interest in (Imola and VIR I suppose).

10. Filip

Filip Registered

There is lots of existing content that S397 didn't update to current standards and I don't see why would they suddenly be interested in taking over.

Emery likes this.
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Like the 2 mentioned tracks being featured in their competition system for example.

12. Filip

Filip Registered

Well... that's actually a good reason.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I've faith in s397, not in Reiza.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Why would Reiza release any rF2 content at all? What's in it for them? Money, obviously. There is recurring revenue from selling items on Steam, which isn't insignificant, so with that in mind it does make sense to keep your content up to date. On the other hand if the DLC isn't selling well enough, maybe they deem it isn't worth the development time to keep it up to date.

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

PBR update is a task for 1 day....for 1 person....they have no excuse, they just rage cause rF2 is far more better, and they have hoped AMS2 will be the king, but it's just a fail, a miserable fail. They rage cause there are more users/demands for the rF2 bundle track pack than for AMS2. Reiza studio has lost his reputation, and it's just a rager studio, nothing else, the truth.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  16. vava74

vava74 Registered

I think you got a bit carried away there :D
    AMS2 is not as good as rF2, but recently it has become pretty decent.
    Nonetheless, there is NO excuse for them not to update their DLC content, both to maintain their reputation (their rF2 content is very good) and to generate more DLC sales.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's a bit like the problem with the chicken and the egg. Maybe the DLC isn't selling well enough due to ... lemme think? One thing is clear, it won't sell any better in it's current shape or form.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

o_O I'm not so sure it's a miserable fail....Reiza have said it is financially viable as is so I'm not sure what you deem a miserable fail? Daily numbers maybe? It seems you have been hurt by Renato or something :eek:

19. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

No it isn´t, and even if it was no one is doing it for free. Why do you think not all s397 content has been updated?

Filip likes this.
  20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

for s397, it's a licence issue, they have explained some updates require to renew some licences, that's all, but they can update easily.

I just think AMS2 is a flop, my opinion. I prefer Project cars 2. But I accept some people have fun with AMS2...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022