Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

No, rearviview clip or something like this in playerjson.
    In meter ex 1000 for 1000 meter

2. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

tried it and not like s397 tracks, spa, nurb, lemans or pir, the mirror distance is to low compare to them.
    and i hope reiza tracks get the last pbr update, s397 should put some pressure to reiza to make them update.

AlexHeuskat and pkelly like this.
  3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

any news ? it's a paid DLC, as a customer we are not respected. The track looks now awfull if they don't update them.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Post on Rieza's forum. 100% their responsibility. S397 cannot legally alter other company's products. Heck, to avoid possible legal fights over ownership, they cannot alter free mods either. S397 provided the virtual storefront, it is up to Rieza to update their tracks if they think the new paint-job inside the store conflicts with their products.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

They struggle with AMS2, I won't annoy them with the rF2 bundle, they said they will update in 2021....
    I understand.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not good sorting out past dates, but I think it was two years ago Rieza stated they hoped to have the tracks & cars updated before the end of that year...2019? I think an experienced track modder ought to make an offer to update the tracks for a certain fee. It would have to be a large enough fee to compensate the modder, or modders, but still not as expensive as employees spending a week or two creating the updates. My suspicion is the rF2 sales never reached the level Rieza hoped for, so they have written off any more work on the projects.

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's sad, I really appreciate the Reiza works, but only in rF2.

8. Travis

Travis Registered

I still have issues with the Reiza DLC beta which remains in my Steam inventory and I can't get rid of it. Reported on the Reiza forums in mid-2020 and it's still an issue.

[​IMG]

I wouldn't hold my breath for an rF2 update as Reiza are far too busy with AMS 2. We can remain hopeful one day they'll return to rF2 to update the tracks as well as the cars as their cars are using the ancient tyre build where driving/spinning on grass heats the tyres.

9. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

RFactor2 does not allow you to uninstall paid content.

10. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Update of Ibarra and especially VIR would be very important, because these tracks (IRL) are awesome.

Also I think the mesh (track physics) are not enough detailed (for me). A lot of more bumps will be good (personnally don't care if there are not present IRL).

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

As everyone else has said, it is Reiza content, not ours.

12. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Yes I agree

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Reiza has their hands full with AMS2, currently. I imagine they still plan to update the rF2 content at some point but, they have been quite challenged with some "Madness" in their engine. :p

After all that, updating rF2 content should be like a walk in the park while on vacation. :D

2ndLastJedi and Nieubermesch like this.
  14. Travis

Travis Registered

An oversight that I hope is corrected one day.

pilAUTO likes this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Facts.

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

can you s397 remove the reiza bundle on the store ? it's not updated since 2 years, it's like a scam now, or make it free.

Balazs Magyar and Fer like this.
  17. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

LOL , how is it a scam ? lack of pbr ... thats it ?

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

rfactor 2 is tagged as "The World's Most Diverse and Dynamic Racing Simulation".
    Reiza knows that rF2 is a plateform with constant changement and the content needs to be updated very often.
    At this state, the Reiza content is outdated, and I have paid for this content, so they have to update it asap.
    20220422200846_1.jpg

20220422200640_1.jpg

Do you see the hard work of s397 ? they deserve my money, not Reiza.
    And I don't discuss about the AMS2 fail...

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Haven't we had this discussion before? When you purchased the track pack, was there ANY mention of continued support after the sale? If I recall, they did several small updates early in the life cycle of the pack, but AT THE TIME OF THE SALE there was no mention of lifetime support. What you got two years ago was exactly what you paid for.

20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You are clearly right about the aspect of buying content as is. That said, Reiza is a professional studio, still offering their DLC for rF2 at full price. With other studios showing how it's done - looking at the KartSim guys especialy and in some cases even people who offer content and constant support for free - I wonder if it wouldn't be fair to update the content atleast to the latest spec possible. This has been promised quite a few times, yet there is nothing. At this point I would propably give people the advice not to buy the DLC in it's current state wich is a shame as Reiza has mostly been very supportive for their products.