Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

You need to set your FOV to Default for Zoom to work. Long standing bug.
    How to set your FOV to Default? You might call me crazy when I tell you this but you have to enter 9 in FOV to get Default.

@Alex Sawczuk
    I have 4 questions for you :).
    1)
    Could you teach us how to use the new Focus buttons for FreeLook. I have assigned buttons for them but nothing seems to change on screen when I increase length or decrees Focus. I do have post processing switched on.
    20220415174349_1.jpg

2)
    Is there reason why freelook is now disabled while driving? The moment my car moves it turns off. Is there a reason for this new restriction? It's not like you can cheat with it on. It's like this in Dev mode too.
    20220415174402_1.jpg

3)
    Could you teach us how to turn on the Visual driving line feature? The first post says this can be toggled from settings but I can not find it.

4)
    I get hundreds of these pop ups while trying to load Dev Mode.
    Warning.png
    I have to keep pressing enter to get rid of them. I understand the message, but I use Dev mode to test my track, the cars are not even mine. It's not like it's my responsibility to fix them. There is even warning for the Skipbarber car and that is made by S397.

Thank you, happy Easter :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  2. oikworld

oikworld Registered

how to download dedi server version 1128, from steamcmd?

3. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

1) adjust aperture to have more visible depth of field effects
    2) because you can cheat and make the exposure much higher or lower
    3) it should be on the difficulty page
    4) press cancel, they'll be fixed.

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

As a complete idiot with car setup, the sparks have actually helped me immensely! Suddenly when I raise the ride height so my car isnt a fireworks show any more, the car handles much better all around :eek:

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Some notes for Freelook:

Outline of Steps
    • Assign Controls on Cameras Page including camera move, tilt, pitch, look and zoom, there are explanations there.
    • Freelook mode will work in the Replay Monitor or Live. You must not be actively driving though. However at present the current state of Camera Lens properties is only shown Live though and in Replay Mode you'll have to adjust these blind.
    • You can enable Freelook from any camera, but we recommend toggling through Spectator Cams using the Spectator Camera key (END by default). The mode is automatically enabled when you do this.
    • From here you can navigate and move around the scene and adjust the camera properties with the keys you assigned including Focus, Exposure, Aperture and Lens Size.
    • Toggling the Focus Mode will toggle from focusing on the currently viewed vehicle where ever that is which you can offset from, to a fixed focus point which you can adjust.
    • When taking screenshots in single player at least, you may wish to Pause the game (P by default) whilst taking images to keep vehicles in the same positions.
    • Whilst moving around the scene with the game not paused you may wish to turn off your own car's engine in the garage (M key by default usually).
    • When you start driving the mode will automatically disable.
    • To disable the mode press the Toggle Freelook button.
    Advanced Settings
    There are some advanced settings which require the manual editing of rFactor2\Userdata\Player\Controller.json. You may wish to tweak these.

The two following values can be used to adjust how quickly keys adjust the look directions.

• "Freelook Keyboard Pitch Speed":1.25
    • "Freelook Keyboard Yaw Speed":1.25
    Set the following value to True to always have mouse control for Pitch and Yaw when using FreeLook. By default it is disabled when you assign inputs to Cam Pitch Up/Down and Turn Left/Right.

• "Freelook Mouse Control":False
    There is a deadzone automatically applied to the free look key inputs to ensure smooth interaction with Console Gamepads by default. You can edit this deadzone with the beneath value. (We recommend using DIView or similar tool to see the type of deadzone you may need from your controller).

• "Freemove Deadzone Default":0.1
    You can adjust the move speed with the following parameters

• "Freemove Down Speed":10
    • "Freemove Forward Speed":10
    • "Freemove Right Speed":10

6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thank you.

7. Pales

Pales Registered

This is an excellent video. Your passion and desire to now go on and purchase additional content as a result of these fixes is really what resonated with me, and I hope it continues. It's such an important point to highlight as well. We've had many, many years of people being dissatisfied with the game due to the state of offline racing. With the introduction of these changes, as well as what is hopefully coming, people can start to invest in the game, support it, and most importantly enjoy it the way it should be played.

Your points regarding the erratic throttle and breaking issue as well as the slip stream are also absolutely key as well. Now that in the in-lap bug is fixed, it is imperative that Studio 397 address the erratic issue (which was introduced in 2018 via Build: 1110). The code changes required for cars getting suck behind a slipstream I imagine will probably take a little longer as well but fingers crossed.

I hope rFactor 2 will take the crown back for offline racing! :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    Xzanman, tiffarno, Mark Lloyd and 3 others like this.
  8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

same here , not to mention the new scraping sound effects along with sparks helps a ton with setup.
    not only it looks and sound good but they both are extremely functional.

sg333 likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I told you all...lol...a year ago I was complaining the Oreca was slower than the Ligier with default setups. Now there is scraping noises and sparks we can see why. <one of the few times I've been right lately!>

pkelly and Simulation_Player like this.
  10. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

For the overexposure in VR, it's better, but not completely! Yesterday I tried in "Race of the Season" on the Nordschleife in LMP3 (Ligier) and well, it's still there but much less and you can still see the track (it's very white though)

11. Simulation_Player

Hey guys , i can't get P2P (push to pass) working on formula pro (test).
    i have assigned "active push 2 pass" key on the wheel.

12. oikworld

oikworld Registered

5_1sound_setings.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-04-15 225939.png
    This is very good setings for 5.1 sound systems. ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Does the Fpro have p2p? Try the IR18.

14. Simulation_Player

Yea fpro has p2p in test version according to blog post.

Formula Pro V0.93
    Added TEST version which includes shift protection, push to pass, and engine cooling and brake duct cooling split

P.S : it also shows me my time remaining for p2p (48 seconds)

edit : Honestly i will be glad if they just drop p2p idea for formula pro, it already has DRS.

15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Cbash and shaders where cleared just after this new update as i thought it was time and frankly hoped it would help with the wet track issue. Sadly it did nothing. Also i don't use any other graphics settings, all rF2 stock works well now.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

You can, wet Sebring in the F1 car sparks heaps in rain.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A spark is an instantaneous reaction after contact between two materials. Rain may prevent a spark from becoming a fire, but it won't stop the cause of the spark in the first place.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  18. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I can replicate the bug, if I remove the RC, and reinstalled standard, everything works. Normally.
    Install RC and only one car, the test Oreca installs with broken AI as my post above, they drive in circles or at 10km/h
    (the Oreca on ANY track by the way, not just Daytona)
    Steam file verify integrity. says 47 files not verified. installs them and the IR8 and Formula Pro show up
    AI start behaving normally.
    (could repeat this tiwice but the third time RC installed in one shot.)

Worth noting if anyone else tried the RC and found a strange bug.

Lars likes this.
  19. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Aahh you enabled LSD mode!!

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

are you driving the cars from the TEST folder?
    upload_2022-4-15_14-4-58.png

juanchioooo and 2ndLastJedi like this.