Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Member

This is interesting but usually game sounds focus on how u hear it on onboard cameras/TV cams. So also our sounds are mad how u would hear it without wearing a helmet and earplugs. About the wind noise: I have talked with many racecar drivers and usually there is a lot of wind inside the car (depending on the car for sure) Racecars doors and windows are lightweight. Some real drivers told me, at higher speeds, there could be a gap in the door and u have loud wind noise. In the sim it is also a bit of a speed feeling thing to have an exaggerated wind noise. Same with squealing tires, louder in sims to help the drivers hear when tires are over the limit. As a sound dev, it is very difficult to find the balance between realism and what people want/need.

RaceNut, Devin, hitm4k3r and 2 others like this.
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So if we have sliders we can adjust to suit if we feel the need ;)

RaceNut likes this.
  3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

A slider for opponents volume is imho strongly needed

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah, man are they loud atm! Porsche Cup, i can not hear my own car at race start and even with Ai 50 meters behind me they are still nearly over powering my car audio.

Alnorate, sg333 and Manfredk2 like this.
  5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Ideally I want sliders for *every* possible audio option. With this 'update' we have lost opponent volume control which I always had about 10% before. I also had tire sounds off entirely as they were dreadful. I want to be able to customize it for my own preferences. I don't want an update that removes control of pretty much everything in our "customizable racing sim"

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

This would be perfect

7. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Yes I have to stop rFactor2 after playing manualy too
    The VR performance is more badly I noticed. The menu stutters already many times (Car Setup most)
    Not long, it is not longer playable in VR :-/

Sound changes are great for me, very nice

8. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

Very promising update, it certainly seems that S397 have upped their game.

When updating to this candidate build are the sound settings put to default values?

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It's all new sliders now, limited adjustment and more adjustment needed for my liking.

Xzanman and sg333 like this.
  10. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

I got some feedback and bug report

1.Performance issues : I got some stuttering with RC, the fps itself isn't bad at all but the gameplay doesn't feel smooth.
    currently driving on monaco with fpro test and i can manage avg.130 fps throught out the lap.(only dips to 120fps when passing pit lane or start/finish line).

MY specs >
    CPU: i5 4690k

GPU : GTX 970 (i also checked if my VRAM is over 3500 MB as it causes issues, but it maxed out at 2300 MB VRAM according to msi afterburner).

RAM: 8GB (with only using 5310MB at max according to msi afterburner).

my in-game graphics settings >

graphics.PNG

2. No sparks in monaco tunnels only. I can clearly hear underbody scraping sound.
    also the sparks resume as soon as i exit tunnel.

IMG >

monaco no spark.PNG

monaco spark.PNG

DJCruicky likes this.
  11. datasting

datasting Registered

Please add Mousesupport for new freelock-camera.

12. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Hi davehenrie, thanks but...
    Sorry to ask but how do I do that? Also, If I decide to revert to the stable branch, do I just choose It from the Beta drop down, or do I have to do something else?
    Thanks

13. Simulation_Player

the test cars are at bottom of the car list, scroll down you will see them.
    So far i don't see any reason to go back to stable build, RC is working just fine.

14. Alnorate

Alnorate Registered

Awesome update, thanks S397! One thing: Opponents volume should be quieter/adjustable.

Jose Berenguer likes this.
  15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Have you cleared the cbash and shaders folder? Before loading the tracks. Also make sure sure that you only use the stock graphic settings of the game and don't inject anything via drivers or 3rd party graphic apps like reshade. I remember having similar issues sometime ago and rebuilding the shaders did the trick. The Corvette looks like it is having shader issues aswell. It hasn't been updated anyway, so it's more or less legacy content. But that Harlekin paintwork looks funky :D

On another note: another thing that I noticed is how great the new cloud coverage looks on tracks that have been tweaked properly. Running Monza maxed out at afternoon looks amazing. Makes me wish for an update to the Reiza tracks because they are really starting to show big graphical issues now. The clouds and athmospheric settings at Imola for example are completely borked. And I love Imola. :(

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Ohh I see, bottom of the list, got It!

Thank you SP!

Simulation_Player likes this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

shouldn't the chips come out mainly under the car, in the center, instead of the sides as if it were a straight line?

that doesn't seem very real to me
    monaco spark.PNG

18. Simulation_Player

There are in total 12 underbody points which can touch the ground.
    so sparks don't necessarily need to come from center.
    Whichever point(s) out of 12 touches ground the sparks will originate from there.

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This means sparks are sensitive to no rain zones modeled in tracks. I wonder then if you can have sparks in rain.

I think it must be those lines, but maybe not... Anyway, I just assume that dynamic racing line basically is altering existing road parameters per polygons. And few of those parameters must be roughness parameters. I have done tests few years ago with roughness parameters specifically and they works (or used to work) same for wet and dry. Obviously, IRL less rough, smoother surface = worse wet grip due to limited mechanical keying and worse drainage, in dry more grip due to more surface contact, no rocket science there. I assume it shouldn't have been super complicated fix, unless it breaks something. I haven't tried the RC.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I thought your criticism was going to be that sparks goes through underneath rear wheel.

Simulation_Player likes this.