Released April 2022 Release Candidate Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

are you suggesting this for devs to set as default or are you recommending us users that to set NO. of effects = 256 ?
    I'm curious to know your answer because i don't know how to set it up properly.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Regarding new sound engine, does 5.1 sound work properly now?

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Simulation_Player You are right, they surely are very visible, they probably would still be very visible in proper sunny lit scene. IDK why I thought it should be visible less, perhaps last sparks I saw were cold ones :D

Wow really, I totally missed these lines in changelog. Does sound like something ! Roughness parameters didn't work correctly before, I guess it could be what has been updated. Although, I believe, it could not be entirely it, as I guess a lot of this whole wet racing lines stuff is also up to new features.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Click on the GEAR icon upper right corner.
    go to SOUND, then number of effects, click & hold til it reaches 256.

5. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Remeber to put your number of speaker channels in player.json. Otherwise I have no 5.1.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Remember, only the two cars in the TEST folder are fully updated. In the sound options reduce the Sound Effects to around 50% or lower. That will minimize the overly loud tire and curb noises.

ir Sindaco and leseb64 like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

*checks date is not April 1st*

Hmmm.

*checks date is not April 1st*

Wow.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Haven't tested the RC yet, but this is a very, very impressive changelog on all fronts of the software. There is so much stuff to test and discover that I don't know where to start. Maybe I should do what every sane person with good taste would do - running a full field of 1991 cars and admire the sparks. :p

Anyway, there is alot of very interesting stuff. This one cought me by surprise:
    • New algorithm for wet road calculations effecting how quickly surfaces get wet and dry, taking into account drainage, humidity, ambient temperature and sky weather conditions.
    Very interesting to see the sound engine developed inhouse and not the use of something like FMOD. Once again, it's a very ambitious but also a strong move to keep everything in your own hands and add features as needed. I suspsect this will take a while until all the content and sound features are adjusted properly so people should take it with a grain of salt.

memoNo1 and Simulation_Player like this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It very specifically mentions "rubbered in areas" when wet. We all know the groove effect increases grip, and continues (continued!) to do so when wet. Sounds like this has now been adjusted, presumably either to remove that grip increase or perhaps reverse it to some extent.

Hopefully this is the necessary existing-content adjustment and a new parameter will be introduced to override it for flexibility during modding.

I honestly don't know why you would even think about the surface roughness thing from this. Hey, would be great if that were cleaned up / fixed / explained, but if you read what it says there seems to be no reason to presume anything along those lines.

10. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yes, my apologies - we got a good crowd in the end. It was just a little frustrating that I’d tested the server with my client earlier in the afternoon and came back to find it (client) updated with minutes to spare before Qualy.

Having skimmed the feature list, i’m looking forward to giving it a go in less time-critical circumstances.

<edit>especially interested to see if the VR menu/list issues (laggy setup screen updates etc.) have been fixed as I couldn’t see a specific mention of this in the list…(?)

atomed likes this.
  11. Simulation_Player

Couple of things i would like to know / add on this update

1. What is HRTF is sound settings ?

2.The sound i tested on fpro (onboard engine specifically) feels like it lost its quality, too loud in someways(which thankfully can be tuned down with onboard settings).
    idk how to explain it properly but onboard engine sound got worse.
    Normal version is like listening to music directly via headphones
    RC version is like listening to same music but you recorded it via your phone mic.(hence low quality).
    i hope this analogy makes sense.

3. I can't gear shift on fpro(normal version only) , i can only go 1st or N or R.
    I tried with BMW M4 class 1 , there gears are working.
    I also tried assigning new keys to shift up but i can't go above 1st gear.

4. regarding sparks, for some underbody points(atleast I think they are underbody points visually speaking) the spark is generated a little bit forward.
    example IMG >

IMG_1356.JPG

This is fpro (test version), these are sparks for front floor strake/fins and they are appearing a bit forward.

Sorry to give you criticism so early, i don't mean to put down your efforts. This so that all of this can be fixed earlier :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  12. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

R.gif

Well done!! and SPARKS! Finally, those old F1 cars will come to life.

Attached Files:

• R.gif
      R.gif
      File size:
      633.6 KB
      Views:
    Rui Santos and Simulation_Player like this.
  13. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

It is a release Candidate to get feedback not an official release.

Rui Santos likes this.
  14. Simulation_Player

I meant i can set the values but i don't know which number/value should i keep it. that was the question.
    For now i'm keeping it at 256...since i don't see any problems so why not max out right ?

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

yes, the only reason to decrease that setting would be for systems that are having issues maintaining framerate.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

• Added an option to set the amount of water on roads at the start of a session.
    SO NICE, I use ACC particulary for this, finally a NEW FEATURE, I have asked it the 21th of May 2021, THANK YOU !!!
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/latest-roadmap-update-april-2021.69532/#post-1067162
    • Sparks!
    SO COOL, this feature is a must have !

VERY GOOD JOB, finally some good news, thanks to all the team ! If the new track is not a Formula E track, it's awesome, but I'm afraid it's a Formula E track....

DaREALMastaD, 2ndLastJedi and Elcid43 like this.
  17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Same issue here. Tried with 2 different car/track combos.

EDIT: as pretty much expected, deleting player.json so a new default file is created, fixed it....

justposted likes this.
  18. Cosmo

Cosmo Registered

Opt into the RC and it'll be in the engine and HDV files of the Skip Barber :)

lemming77 and Bjørn like this.
  19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Bad ? it's one of the best ever made, are you crazy ?

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  20. delapecs

delapecs Registered

After testing for a while it seems that setting "Number of output channels":5 for 5.1 sound in player.json and 256 channels causes stuttering and dropped frames on my system. "Number of output channels":-1 (Windows default) and 64 channels seems to work fine, in 5.1 (finally!!!!) and without frame loss. I had to restore a copy of the player.json since the new sound menu doesn't show this option.
    The ambient now is amazing, thank you guys !!:)

mantasisg and 2ndLastJedi like this.