[REL] S397 Monza 2021 no DRS

Discussion in 'Locations' started by redapg, Feb 21, 2022.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Today i did have some free Time and wanted to drive a few Laps with the Formula Pro (i love their Sounds, which seem to be the good old FISI Sounds :)) on Monza.
    And because i don't like "artificial overtake Aids" like DRS, Push to Pass and such, i did make a Version with deactivated DRS, that includes all 3 Layouts.
    And because i think that i'm not the only one, i want to share it here.
    Hint: If you want to uninstall it one Day, don't do it with a Content Manager (in Game or ModMgr)!
    In that Way also the base Component gets uninstalled.
    Just delete the Folder ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Monza_2021\1.33noDRS by Hand.

UPDATE : Due to the Update of the S397 Track to Version 1.32/33, my no DRS Update is also updated to Version 1.33noDRS.

EDIT Due to the Fact, that with one of the last Updates, DRS is automatically disabled, on all Tracks that have no DRS Zones defined, this Mod is not necessary anymore and i did remove it.

Check also S397 Spa no DRS

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    Matt21, yashiman, svictor and 6 others like this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

Great idea, thanks for sharing.

redapg likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It would be better, it seems to me, if there was a No DRS upgrade for the cars. That way you could force setup all the cars and at tracks without established DRS zones, the AI wouldn't be using it willy-nilly.

coltair and Filip like this.
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe i do the same with Spa.

EDIT @davehenrie I had that also in my Mind, but this was the quicker Way. :)
    I will check, if it can be done properly by a Car Upgrade.

PS I forgot: What i don't like at updating DLC Cars, i have written HERE.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@davehenrie and @FuNK! and all others, that would prefer to update the DRS using Cars, in that Way, that it gets disabled.
    I have again thought about it and i prefer to update the Tracks, that DRS can not be used on them anymore.
    One Reason, as said above already, is the File Size, if i would update DLC Cars.
    And in my Opinion both Methods (to update the Cars or the Tracks) have their pros and cons.
    And so i've made the Decision to Update the Tracks, because of the small Update File Size. ;)

But i have tested a Car Update, that disables DRS and it seems to work.
    It is for a rear Flap only, but can also be used for a front Flap (i don't know if any Car uses it).

And if someone wants to update a Car, the Entries, that i have used for that Upgrade (physical and graphical Deactivation), are these:

UpgradeType="Rear Flap Deactivation"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="No DRS"
    {
    Description="DRS has no Effect."
    HDV=[REARWING]
    HDV=FlapDrag=(0.0,0.0)
    HDV=FlapLift=(0.0,0.0)
    HDV=FlapTimes=(1000.0,1000.0,0.0,0.0)
    HDV=FlapRules=(0.0,0.0)
    HDV=
    CPIT=RearFlapOriChange=(0,0,0)
    }
    }

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thank you for investigating this. I would hope, someday, that S397 make it an option themselves so that users of DRS cars can drive at tracks that are not DRS enabled.
    As far as the front flap, the only car I know is one of my favorites, Whoochoo's 1967 Chaparral Look-alike with user controlled rear wing.(the front flap balances the added rear downforce so you don't get a ski boat. )

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Normally it should be "easily" possible, to add a Switch to the Track or car related Settings, with that you can enable and disable the Use of DRS, but it probably will never happen.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Due to the Update of the S397 Monza Track to Version 1.32/33, the current noDRS Update won't work anymore.
    I will release an adapted Update as soon as possible too. ;)

Corti, Mauro and atomed like this.
  9. redapg

redapg Registered

The noDRS Version is updated to 1.33noDRS and can be downloaded in the first Post.
    This Time it is 10 Times bigger, because it also includes the cbash Files now, to get the Track loading a bit faster.
    And think at, to delete the former 1.21noDRS Sub-Folder, that is located in the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Monza_2021
    by Hand.
    If Problems appear, please report here. :)

Chris Lesperance, Corti and atomed like this.
  10. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Just noticed this, I've done a F1 2021 skinset for the formula pro and are working on a 2022 version, would it be ok to include your car upgrade that disables Drs ?
    It's one of my peeves that I have to create a new version of every track that doesn't have Drs zones for this car, the upgrade could be the best solution

Full credit of course

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, you of course can use it and Credits are not necessary. :)
    But just to be sure add also adapted Entries for the front Wing. ;)

atomed likes this.
  12. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Awesome, thank you

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

There should be a button, on the game, with DRS ON or OFF, a simple feature like that can take 3 years before being added.

davehenrie likes this.
  14. redapg

redapg Registered

HINT ;)

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

+1!!! It should be a car option, on every car so you can disable DRS, force the setup, and prevent the AI from flattening the wing whenever they feel like it.

svictor likes this.
  16. lagg

lagg Registered

There should be an option to disable the DRS, but this shouln't be in the car or track.
    This should be a session option as is in reallity.

17. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Hmm, sorry to bump in here as I'm slightly off topic.

Finally got to try out the no DRS upgrade today and it works but unfortunately not as I was hoping.
    It will only apply to each specific car and not the whole class of car. Therefor id have to "customize" every individual car for every track I want DRS disabled.
    Was Hoping I could use the "force setup" on one car and have it applied to the whole grid.
    why does rFactor make things like this so hard.

edit: actually its worse than that, I thought when you forced an upgrade it was track specific, but it appears this is not the case. so id have to force the upgrade for every car and then reset for every car when I want it enabled.

thanks

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  18. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, the Upgrade works for all Cars that use the same Upgrades.ini.
    If your Mod has 12 Cars with 12 Upgrade ini Files for Example, you'll have to add it to all 12.
    Maybe (very low Probability i fear) one Day we'll get a Switch in the Menu, with that we can deactivate the Usage for all selected Cars.

19. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

ah ok, maybe my mistake then . I've been putting an upgrade.ini in every mas file, ie one per team.
    but even so the force only works on one particular car, the other car in the team has to be forced individually.
    might try changing the name and altering the .veh and including the file in only 1 mas file.

20. redapg

redapg Registered

I don't know the Structure of your Mod, but when you pack a separate MAS File for each Team and each Team has 2 Cars and both use the same Upgrades.ini, both Cars should have the DRS deactivated, when you use that Upgrade with only 1 Option (DRS deactivated) or as the first Option.
    So what do you mean with "the other car in the team has to be forced individually"?