How do I delete DLC ?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nigel, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Nigel

Nigel Registered

I have a lot of Rfactor 2 (my favourite sim) DLC and Workshop items on my hard drive but am now very low on space. I no longer use any of the Reiza Track pack or Reiza Car pack DLC and want to permanently delete both of them as they are using a lot of space but can't because when I do they get reinstalled again on start up. Is there any way around this? DLC can be deleted from other games on Steam. Hope someone can help thanks.

2. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Go to your UserData folder and open up the Launcher.config file with notepad.
    Change the line 'Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:False' into 'Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True' and save the file. Unsubscribe from all the items you don't want. That should do the trick.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    Mauro likes this.
  3. Nigel

Nigel Registered

Many thanks !

4. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

I just tried this with Nurburgring DLC, because it simply runs like crap on my ancient PC....and it did not work. Even with 'Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True' It still re-installs the DLC. @Nigel , did it work for you?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think you can unsubscribe from DLC. It's not the same as DLC in (most) other steam games.

Consider linking the entire workshop folder to another drive using mklink.

Goanna likes this.
  6. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

I wonder, and I know it is less than ideal..but what if you deleted / unsubscribed from the DLC and then put Steam in OFFLINE mode. Would that work? Not the best option, I know...but would that work?

7. Nigel

Nigel Registered

8. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Tried it..deleted the folder that Nurburgring DLC is stored in, unsubscribed and changed the Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True . and..nope. Steam still re-downloads it. 2.8 gigs of unusable content. It's ok. Should be a easy way to get rid of stuff I don't use...but it is what it is.

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

The disable workshop auto-subscribe thing doesn’t work anymore(since new ui), can’t delete/unsubscribe paid content either, best answer so far in this thread is post #5.

10. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Agreed. I tried everything and it still re-downloads. I do not have another HD to store stuff on, so I guess I will have to deal with the 2.8 gigs of wasted space...anyway, it was a fun but frustrating experiment for a Monday night. Hope you find a solution @Nigel

11. Nigel

Nigel Registered

Did you also delete the track here? D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations I didn't do this Disable Workshop Auto-Subscribe:True