CS-closed Race of the Season (Q1-S1)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Date
    : Sunday 20th March
    Time: 21:00 CET
    Qualification: Hotlap competition to run 5 weeks through the season
    Number of Drivers per split: 30
    Number of splits: 10+
    Race Details: 45 minutes, 1 x pitstop – upgrade

Read more here

Full schedule and rules:
    - Grid will be based off prequal.
    - Formation lap and rolling start, follow in game instructions.
    - When green flag drops you are allowed to overtake.
    As per code of conduct, first lap is under orange zone meaning heavier penalties. DO NOT mess up into T1
    Rubber: Heavy and building
    In game time: 16:00
    Liveries from top 30 will be allowed, anyone not submitting will simply race in the car they qualified in.

Warmup: 21:00-21:10
    Race: 21:10-21:45 (45 mins)
    Car upgrade:
    - Fuel tank will be reduced to half the size, meaning you will have to do a pitstop

Race of the Season (1) Results
    1. Turkka Häkkinen
    2. Sebastian Wunsch
    3. Mattia Crupi

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2022
    ir Sindaco likes this.
  2. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Will these races be streamed on Twitch of some other platform? Can you view them as a spectator in rFactor 2?

3. As explained on the "read more" page yes
    upload_2022-2-7_8-29-6.png

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Will it be possible to use custom liveries in the race?

5. Qualifying is over, congratulations to everyone for those amazingly fast laps.
    I´ve sent out an email to top 30. The race itself will be hosted on the 20th, there is no need to do anything but to show up and race. Top 30 have the option to provide a livery for the broadcast.

6. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Pedro Crulas Gomes Registered

Race Details: 45 minutes, 1 x pitstop – upgrade

What does this "upgrade means" ?
    Describe better pitstop rules in a simple words pls

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

an upgrade will be used to the car (downgrade in this case). Fuel tank will be limited

Pedro Crulas Gomes likes this.
  8. jondolar

jondolar Registered

Hello, I didn't realize that the session ended yesterday to allow lap time, there will be the possibility of driving on Sunday even if it is the last split.

9. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Yes sure, as the race will be on the competition system there will be as many splits as needed so everyone who wants to gets the chance to race

jondolar likes this.
  10. jondolar

jondolar Registered

Thanks Fabian

Fabian Balle likes this.
  11. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Will there be Qualy on race day? or... will we go directly to run without doing a Qualy? I say this because it doesn't put it anywhere

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  13. Sebastian Wunsch

Sebastian Wunsch Registered

Do we have a weather forecast? Liveweather or fixed weather? If it is fixed, can we have the conditions in advance?

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  14. No weather change, same as qualifying settings.

15. Pedro Crulas Gomes

So this means we have a huge streamed race that will happen only at every 3 mths and people watching wont even see an expected decent qualifying section ?

the answer is already on the rules as i just read, but i really would like to understand on what this system makes a plus to the e-sports scenario?

we see a lot of good some great and some weak small details like this i personally dont understand , does anyone wins with this ?
    Do u guys on staff s397 team got any positive feedback within this to keep making things better for drivers and viewers pls ?

i just think each one of us are a small part of the big thing would be good to we know ...
    and wont kill to hear the drivers sometimes ...

Warmup: 21:00-21:10
    Race: 21:10-21:45 (45 mins)
    Car upgrade:
    - Fuel tank will be reduced to half the size, meaning you will have to do a pitstop

16. Daniele Cannistraci

Daniele Cannistraci Registered

I agree, doing a qualifying session before the race would be more correct.

will TS be used for communications?

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  17. First of all, this is not esport, this is a race of the season, a way for the community to be involved.

Secondly, we are considering 1. Drivers, 2 organizers and 3. viewers. now how fun is qualifying to watch? like really, how fun. I think everyone will agree that a race is quite more important than qual. I can't answer if people expect to see a decent qualifying session, we usually don't show a full session of it.
    Imagine you had 35 days with 8 qual events per day, meaning its 280 sessions. 42.000 minutes of qualifying...700 hours. You dont agree, i get that.
    No, show up and race. If there is anything we need to tell you it will be posted in race chat.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  18. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Jimmi!!
    There should be a classification as in all series of all races, the initial classification has nothing to do with today's races and with different GT3 brands.

19. What is a clasification, if you mean qualifying session then no - we simply disagree and there is no need for it here, people already put in a lot of laps to do a good qualifying.

20. Pedro Crulas Gomes

Jimmi im not asking to u change nothing for this event as I understand it’s also not good changing rules after they’re stated .

But I’m here and I think that 99% of people that buys and use simulation games of real life motorsports search ir for to find here the best simulation of irl possible …

and reproducing your own words looks like this is not anymore one of the first principal aspects as we can see it’s not hard to guess that untill I know there is no where I n the world till now a racing series that uses this kind of “qualifying” that has been doing here with this system of “ “ 35 days with 8 qual events per day, meaning its 280 sessions. 42.000 minutes of qualifying...700 hours. You dont agree, i get that. “ “

I will never agree with this and any other aspect that is not a part of MOTORSPORTS.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.