SOLVED Black rain drops

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DanRZ, Jan 31, 2022.

1. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

It happened first for me on Laguna Seca with the Porsche GT4. I notified both track maker and car maker. They know the issue.

For the track maker the car needs an update and the car maker says the track need an update too :confused:

But for example i've seen the ligier lmp3 on Zandvoort having the same issue on a stream ... Those are both "official" track/car i think and i hope S397 have read this post and will do something. Isn't it the purpose of this forum ?

And it can probably happen for any combination of car / track ... That issue need a global correction i think.

And why not everybody have the same issue on same car/track ... There is something else going on ...

2. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Not true, I fixed it meanwhile and the hotfix will be deployed in V1.1. But it seems the Cayman is fine on all official tracks. So it's some sort of hack to overcome wrong track issues if you get my point. In the end I want my mod to be universal on both bad/good tracks as good as possible.

pety100 and DanRZ like this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Thanks for that.
    I just hope S397 will do the same on their own content.

4. Frederick Alonso

We also hope that or at least make the modders their life easier with code implementation that always forces windows to have a REFMAP by default. When I said it was track related it was indeed only visible on some tracks.

What really happened is that I exported the 3D out of 3dsmax correctly with REFMAP0 and all settings as it should. But when using the material editor by S397 and saving the windshield shader again as json the REFMAP0 was not in the code anymore forcing the game to not use that. Lesson learned from it. Maybe that is a bug, I donno but I'm aware to this now.

@redapg actually had a look in the json and found that the REFMAP0 was missing there while I thought, it's in there. So he saved me a lot search and it also showed me that experienced modders like Redapg deserve a big thank you.

redapg and DanRZ like this.
  5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Frederick Alonso and @DanRZ Too much Honor for me. :)
    I'm just someone who "works " with rFactor since the Beginning in 2005 and i'm still learning.
    But what always was a basic Thing with rFactor, is: expect the unexpected. ;)

7. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

If you have it turned OFF, turn environment reflections ON and see if its any different.
    A few of us running a T78 TCR2019 league had the same problem with black rain with ENV ref off. Only problem is with the env ref off, theres a horiible haze over the track...this was LRP by the way

ebeninca and DanRZ like this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

As said in another Thread, the Best would be, if S397 would fix it in that Way, that the Rain Drops stay white, nor matter if a Windows Shader of the Car has set a Live Reflection Mapper or the Track has properly set Reflection Sections. ;)

Andy Bonar likes this.
  9. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Agreed, I was just trying to offer something of a workaround if it wasnt already known

10. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I was having black rain drops in every car/track combo, I tried to clean my cbash and shaders folder, doesn't matter if it was official or 3rd party content, setting env reflections on low solved my problem, thanks.

Andy Bonar likes this.
  11. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Cant believe its not been fixed yet :-(

12. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Probably not enough complains to be noticed, or they were focus so much time on other things.

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They did fix the black rain spray that followed the cars....

14. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

And now it just lands on your windscreen :)

ebeninca likes this.
  15. pety100

pety100 Registered

I still have this problem with the Porsche Cayman 718 Manthey MR GT4 CUP. Any update/info? Black rain drops in a lot of not official tracks. Other mods doesn't have this issue.

16. Frederick Alonso

You need to unsubscribe and subcribe again to the Cayman. If it does not solve it, it's 100% track related. All windows use the REFMAP0

It's best to drop issues in my Discord channel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    pety100 and DanRZ like this.