Rfactor now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dalmation, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

It’s with me that I shared my beliefs of Macau but rfactor refuse to make it? After I was banished from discord I was not able to share my Macau. I was going to Mae it but then I didn’t but I have decided to try again if that’s what you want? I want to come back so please help

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

...what? Did you rip Macau from another game and try to share it?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No. If you aren't on discord to see what happened there you're best not entering this discussion :)

@Dalmation If you make a track, people will like it. You won't attract fans and plaudits for merely saying you're going to.

A better idea is to try and make a much much simpler track to learn how things work. You can ask in the modding section for help with specific things but you will need to spend months researching how to do things.

Note there are many people already making cars and tracks. They don't get or need S397 approval or announcements. If people like their stuff, they use it. If they don't, they don't. There's no leader board of modders, no shrine in their honour. You might spend 2 years working at something that is only ever for your own use. You should think about this before you start, because you keep trying to get people to get excited about what you're doing and you haven't done anything yet.

4. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

Okay what one should I make?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A simple track? Just make a small oval. It's not about making a track to release, it's about learning.

Dalmation likes this.
  6. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

Okay I will

7. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

I all ready made 9 tracks, (one conversion, one racing and the rest karting tracks), in each track I make I try to learn something new and added to the track.
    The first was the conversion, a simple and crude conversion from AMS to rFactor2. It's quite rough but I learn a lot form it regarding scn file structure, gmt objects and texture config.
    The next was a race track that it was been built in real life, added a lot of object and night lightning; the track end up flat and the near mountains are rough.
    In the next track I try to add altitude changes
    In the next basic IBL and model my first objects
    In the next full IBL
    In the next use point clouds for detailed surface changes, etc, etc, etc

Generally speaking the community welcome new contend; given that it takes a lot of time to produce even a simple track; but in order to keep your self motivated, no not create contend in the hope for everyone getting exited for it.
    Define an objective that you're going to try to achieve with your mod, and work to that end and publish it when you consider you achieve YOUR objective.