Game freezing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Team Dano, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

When exiting a race using the new UI, the game freezes right there and I cannot exit to the main menu. The only way to restart RF2 is to do a restart of my PC. This was not happening with the previous UI.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    pety100 likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Do you have any Logitech gear? Wheel, mouse, keyboard, speakers? The G-hub profiler has been known to do that, both before and after the UI change.

Team Dano likes this.
  3. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

I only use a wireless Logitech keyboard, no G-hub.

4. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Update: For anybody having the same problem, I did a fresh install and now it's not freezing anymore.

5. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Fix was short lived, game is freezing again while exiting races. Studio 397 need to look into this. :(

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

System specs? Wheel/pedals?

7. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

My PC specs are Intel i7, Nvidia GTX 1080, 16GB of RAM and I use a Samsung 4k 60Hz TV as my monitor. My gear is Fanatec DD1 with CSL pedals with load cell. I use a Logitech wireless keyboard but no G-Hub. All drivers are up to date.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Crap, I misread your OP, sorry. I thought it was happening when exiting rF2.

That changes things a bit. Can you attach a trace file? You should include +traceflush as well as +trace=2, to try and get everything before it freezes.

Antivirus software? Any streaming/capture software you're running? Have you tried disabling replays?

Team Dano likes this.
  9. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Thanks for the reply. I only use Windows security and I need to use replays because I mostly race endurance races. I can't do an entire race in one session, I resume from replay between stints. My PC skills are limited and don't know how to create a trace file. P.S., it only freezes when exiting a race, not when exiting practice or qualification.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

11. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

12. MARVIN

MARVIN Registered

Same problem here and very different PC configuration ( I9 12900K / Z690 / Nvidia 3090 / Windows 10 last build )
    This has never happened until the UI change, the problem occurs only when exiting an online race in practice it does not happen

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    pety100 likes this.
  13. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

I have the same issue when exiting a session I resumed from a replay/save.
    To be honest, it is one bug too far in the bucket of issues I have come across with my new time in RF2. I will keep an eye on this thread for updates...but for now, I am going to pop back to ACC.
    It's a shame as I was looking to get my fix of LMP and mixed grid racing.

I've a new PC
    i9 12900k
    Asus RoG 3090
    32 GB DDR5 ram

This stuff should NOT be happening.

14. Gary_S85

Gary_S85 Registered

Update on this, when I downloaded the "previous stable build" from the steam beta options and installed this (it has the previous UI with the white and red), I stopped getting these crashes. I done a handful of testing and so far it seems to be all good.

JUST A SIDE NOTE.
    You may need to recalibrate your wheel settings, so I suggest making a copy of the control folder too. When this installs, the exaggerated yaw for existing profiles will go to -0.80 in the controller files, or -80% in the UI.
    Change this to 0 from the controller JSON for each controller profile you have.
    When first loading up, make sure your not touching the wheel. My DD2 glitched out and went full hard lock in one direction...FULL HARD!. Maybe exiting the game after the install of this version and then fire it back up again may work.

I'd be interested to know if you also get better results with going to this version too. For me, initial tests look promising. The replay files are still being written in both UI's when I tested...but with this older build version, there is no freezing on session exits after reloading a previously saved replay, after going back into RF2.
    Let me know how you get on.

15. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Just a question im having this issue as well. Brand new $6500 computer
    Intel I9 12900KK CPU
    NZXT Kraken X73r1 liquid cooler
    ASUS Tuf gaming Z640 plus wifi D4 motherboard
    ASUS Geforce RTX3080TI Tuff gaming OC 12GB Graphics card
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHZ
    Mircosoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    So the other issue i have is after around 3 hrs of playing the game just freezes. You can hear the sound of the car, but nothing works on my wheel. The game eventually crashes to desk top.
    Im using a fanatec CSW 2.5 with a universal Hub
    Jinx Shifter and
    Simworx 3.1 GT Pedals.
    Its a clean install of the game, all files verified over and over only plugins i use is the Sim dash board and Crew Chief one.
    Have played with those plugins disabled no joy!
    Have only used this system with the new UI.... any thoughts????

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Check windows event viewer for any errors at the time of the crash - it sounds like a GPU driver crash, which should be indicated in some way there.

Have you monitored your temps to make sure they aren't an issue as well?

17. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

The system runs very hot, its like sitting near a heater.... its a store bought system however i thought if the system was running too hot it would shut down the PC. Ill check windows event viewwe if it happens again.
    I have made a few changes- from suggestions ive seen in different forums.. so will see what happens
    Cheers!

18. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

For people having issues with the game not exiting correctly, do you have wheel and hands enabled in your jason file?? I was having this issue too and just by luck i don't like seeing the hands on the steering wheel while driving, so i changed my jason file to wheel only. Game has shut down correctly every time now... food for thought!