CS-closed INDYCAR Open Challenge (IR18) (Q1-S1)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agahnim

Agahnim Registered

To me, all these iRacing guys coming on s397 forum and Discord complaining about every single thing which is different from iRacing tells one thing : rFactor 2 driving experience is the best (especially better than iRacing then).

But that's still annoying...
    Stop complaining and enjoy!

2. kartname

kartname Registered

I have all the sims installed on my pc, rFctor2, rFactor1. AMS. AMS2, GTR, GTR Evolution, PJCARS, in short, all of them, I also spent a year and a half on iracing where I won a championship there (and I bought all the road tracks, the GTEs and the GT3s plus other cars here) .. . so I know the pros and cons of all the sims well, at the end of 2020 I drop iracing and point everything on rfactor2 which I consider superior to all the other sims as a pure driving simulation, in the meantime I bought all the dlc and on Monday I will also take Daytona and the three cars that will have to come out, for me rfactor2 is worth every single penny spent, so whoever doesn't agree to buy something to participate in the CS, well, go and run Gran Turismo on consoles

3. Look at the schedule please - there is a race at 21:00 - 9pm is 21:00.

Juan Cofiño and Agahnim like this.
  4. fasttuning

fasttuning Registered

Yeah i'm already find it yesterday :D

5. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

You are wasting your time! Here people applaud ALL the attitudes taken. People here don't have any critical sense. Since the first day of CS, several items were pointed out by the players that were not in the slightest condition to play... and what happened? NOTHING

I fully agree when the question is raised about it not being possible to do it in software... they spent 1 year inventing something in CS, that lost 1 year could be used to adapt the business model: If I have 1 car and 1 track I can run in this event!!

They spent 1 year inventing the wheel, to end up with a model similar to the one that delivers the best gaming experience!

And they almost always prefer to end by saying: If you're not satisfied, play another game.

This will never be the vision of a serious company, which wants to see its players say: WOW I want to do one more race

6. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

upload_2022-2-7_20-19-39.png
    Which upgrade to select? Are all those even available if you select road configuration?
    There should be a description at the sign-up page OR those settings should be unavailable so there is no question what to select or get something wrong and accidentally join the series with an oval upgrade and be unable to change it.

atomed likes this.
  7. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

Looking at CS right now, after I bought most DLC content, I feel left behind.
    Either you have all DLC or your out, leaving only "rookie" class to be attended... Too short.
    It's seems like rF2 is an elite club, no real social elevator available.

A shame as we tend to fill the gap somewhere else, leaving CS empty, with no real motivation to participate.

Carteross likes this.
  8. ralphy

ralphy Registered

+1000000000

9. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

I liked the season concept. Where we know where we're going to run. But, I have to agree with you.

I really hope that the Competition Server works, because the game is excellent!! And not having to catch leagues to run would be a dream!!

10. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Thank God because there are leagues and communities where you can run interesting and entertaining events and championships without being restricted to official circuits and cars.
    And thanks to all the creators of cars and circuits for their work, without them the above would not be possible.;):)

11. ralphy

ralphy Registered

the league system is cool but. I would prefer to have a competition system like their competitor. most of the league is one race per week is still! they must put the competitive system forward and work on it

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  12. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I don't know if I have understood you correctly, but... only one race per week? There are many communities/leagues, and in some you can run 3 events of different championships in the same week.
    I have nothing against CS but I am not interested in CS because most of the cars they use do not interest me and because I like to race in many circuits that are not official, and that probably never will be.
    In this case, for example, INDYCAR doesn't interest me, just like GT3, so I don't have any GT3 and I'm not going to buy the BMW, just like some circuits that don't interest me. It is also true that I have bought S397 products and some I have never tried, for example Porsche/Ferrari GTE and some others that I do not remember, like the free ones, I have only tried one of the Tatuus or one of the Historic F1 McLaren .
    I don't have that much time either since I have other hobbies, but at the moment my interest in CS is none; Fortunately, there are championships or events where I can run during the week or on the weekend, depending on my free time, and for me it is enough.

13. txinas

txinas Registered

Can you change to a nola the practise server please. Thanks

14. Oriol

Oriol Registered

Hi, I bought the INDYCAR IR-18 car but I can't get into the S397 server where the Louisiana - Indy Grand prix circuit is. I get an error and I don't know why. Does anyone know how to fix it? In the game I get this error https://imgur.com/QoIrGzQ
    or this other error https://imgur.com/pGbZQE5

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  15. redapg

redapg Registered

You probably have a Server Mod installed (that gets downloaded automatically, when you join a Server) that references to an old Version (1.06/1.07) of the Dallara and prevents the Dallara Update to the latest Version.
    Search for that Server Mod and uninstall -> delete it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  16. Oriol

Oriol Registered

I deleted what I had in the Dallara Workshop but I still have the same problem.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

@Oriol Check the in Game Content List, in the "ITEM TYPE" Column, for Items that are listed as MOD.
    If you know/find one or more, that use the new Dallara, uninstall and delete them.
    You can also use the ModManager (ModMgr.exe, can be found in the Folder ..\rFactor 2\Bin64) to do that, because there, you can exactly see which Content gets used by the MODs.

18. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Registered

maybe I explained myself wrong, I'm looking for a configuration for silverstone, for the car: "DALLARA IR18", thanks to all

19. Season 1 Championship
    1: Michi Hoyer
    2: Riccardo Fava
    3: Jeroen Goudeseune
    4: Juninho Tilambucano
    5. Andrian Blasco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.