CS-closed Rookie Cup (Alpine A110 Cup) (Q1-S1)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Car: Alpine A110 Cup (Steam Workshop: CLICK HERE) (though for CS we have a small change to the car, but subscribe to the car from Enduracers).
    Times: Daily, at the beginning of every hour
    Format: 10 minute practice, 10 minute qualifying, 20 minute race

Read more here

S1 Championship
    1: Alberto Zanotti
    2: Pierre Bernard
    3: Marcelo Helder

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2022
    Giovanni Cavallazzi and FrC like this.
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I did see something pass on discord about how this mod will be updated this season, but not before it starts?

Sim_Player likes this.
  3. The aero is being reviewed at Enduracers - until then I have added a fix, the same fix posted in discord and used in other series. Once you sign up for the series you will get a special version of the car.

Sim_Player likes this.
  4. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Jimmi - Are these going to be Fixed or Open setups? Hoping Fixed as it is a Rookie Cup.

atomed likes this.
  5. Ruben Casal

Ruben Casal Registered

With a view to running some race of the new season of the rfactor competition system, I started to test the alpine in the mores circuit, and it shows consumption of about 100 liters at 100 km...., I guess I studied 397 You will be aware of that, it turns out that I put a dtm on the same circuit and it does twice as many laps with the same liters... is it a rf2 bug or did my pc lose its grip???

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Interesting, ill check this today

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

1.3l per 1.6km does seem a bit high. Not sure what the real car does, but doubt it uses that much

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So did a few laps on mores again, but since tyres don't get dirty and there is no cut track in place on mores into the last turn, it seems like it'll be rallycrossing again to get a wider entry trough there.

makan likes this.
  9. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Registered

Hi , wanted to give the competition system a try but not so lucky so far.
    Seems that there are incompatible upgraded cars or tracks that are currently installed, how do i now what i have to delete ??
    Not really clear to me, unsubscribed from al the relevant tracks and even uninstalled the a110 but stil getting that message.

Sorry , seems to work now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  10. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Hello, Jimmi - you out there? Fixed setups for Rookies???

11. No, setup is open - but cup car does not have endless of options.

12. pkelly

pkelly Registered

13. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

I'm sorry to be such a newbie, but I can't seem to find the Rookie Class server in Multiplayer. How do I navigate to it?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should be going through the competition system, not the normal multiplayer list.

TrigMan59 likes this.
  15. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Thanks so much for the reply. Do you get to the Competition system from within rF2? Again, sorry for the newbie question.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

On the main menu you have single player, multiplayer, then competitions. You want the last one.

Note when signing up you should use your real name.

TrigMan59 likes this.
  17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Registered

Lazza - Thanks so very much for your patient help and solutions to my questions. I greatly appreciate it. I'll use my real name for sure. Thanks again.

Roger

18. munkyboo

munkyboo Registered

Never tried Mores until now. With the Alpine, I kept losing traction during mid corner and exiting. and had to be very careful with turning wheel and throttle much more than usual
    Noticed the uneven road so i tried decreasing fast bumper and rebound quite a bit in the front and rear down to 5 each just to try and it immediately reduced laptime by 1.5 sec, much more stable. Got me wondering what you would lose by lowering fast bump and rebound a lot as the defaults were quite high?

19. rafnix

rafnix Registered

The Server needs a PW at MP page, or where's the right page to join?
    edit: solved, it's a certain time range before the full hour where one can sign up for the event

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  20. Marko

Marko Registered

So i gave it a go, practiced a bit and went for Rookie Cup. Nice 25 drivers, i was p11 in qualu, all was promising. Well, people not respecting blue flags in quali, that was kind of expected on open server. BUT, it turned out to be absolute wreck party. I mean bloodbath in rf2. Guys flying trough t1 without brakes (sometimes 2 or 3 of them), returning to track as they will, pushing from behind on every corner.
    It was race with absolute 0 rules or respect. Just angry mob crashing theirs and others cars.
    I was so happy seeing on steamDB that RF2 broke all time record of users on this moday evening. but I am sure after they try few sessions on rookie cup, they will run away as fast as the can.
    There are no admins, there are no penalties. If i wanted to crash cars i would load Demolition Derby.
    Can this somehow be addressed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.