Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Anyway,just solved my issue,deleted some ini files,delete the intire LOG folder,and guess what?All lost FPS are back,from 30is in pits to around 60ish and more than 80 in track,again,latest Daytona in Workshop,so as you see my hardware is enough for what i do in rFactor2,modding :),the 1050TI OC by Gigabite was considered the best low entry card,is a card that i never see it reach more than 67ºcelcious,and is overcloked by a good margin,+900mhz in memory and +120mhz in GPU clock,ofcourse i want another card,but the prices keep rising and when you have a house,kid,car,garage,now a grandma to take care,is not a priority. :)
    Anyway,you wantend to help me by given advices,and all i have to say is thank you.
    Have a nice weekend full of racing :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    Emery, DiggerHawk, Rui Santos and 3 others like this.
  2. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

ac and acc have lower rates of Physics calculations to do

Lars and juanchioooo like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And still it has nothing to do with FPS.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Been testing 2 Gpu performances in last few weeks and RF2 was one of the Games i was using for that purpse as well as AC
    Recorded bunch of data invluding fps so i have a before and after robust comparison
    Same track being barcelona or spa, same weather conditions and same graphics levels FPS are within 1 or 2units from runs i did earlier today

Sorry OP but I would say youyr experience has nothing to do with new UI

Ps tracks load much faster now, thats really a big selling point for me

tiffarno, Lars and juanchioooo like this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes, that's right.
    Loading times have improved significantly!

juanchioooo and nolive721 like this.
  6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Dunno if this is normal or not, first run after starting computer takes 1:32 to show the splash screen and a further 2:40 to get to the main screen(the click to start screen). Subsequent starts take 0:03 to get to splash screen, and a further 0:12 to main screen.

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I really don't have that problem.
    Try Advanced System Care + Driver Booster.
    Your PC may be overloaded. .

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you're right, I was certainly wrong about Cuda, my mistake

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I am glad that you have been able to solve it, one thing is clear, the family is a priority!!!, and the graphics cards have scam prices, either because of the mining or because the manufacturer looks the other way, with what is not there are components, certainly the prices are exorbitant

memoNo1 likes this.
  10. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Haven't had much time trying out the new UI, but yesterday, the UI was really slow, same thing today.
    Driving ok, but delays when clicking UI etc.
    anyone experienced that?

11. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Like in previous UI some elements show active scroll options (here the gears for example), but now it shows a diff clicking on it even with no change happening.
    Btw, after dealing 4 years with UI and grafix just to be slower and less responsive like the original one: Is there somebody to check whether this useless super long 6th gear in the F488 GT3 is a bug? This car does not exceed 290...
    upload_2022-2-6_20-27-4.png

12. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Nope. But on the setup summary screen it falls to 15-20fps.
    It's also very slow exiting the server, and if there is a vote "next session" or something, it seemingly hangs for about a minute. In other words, I have to be careful to never vote from warmup to race :O

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey everyone, just took the time to check out the new UI and it was a total success. In well over a decade of playing rf2, for the first time, I just used it and everything worked. No external content manager or gfx-settings, no searching around in json-files, no lagging, no performance problems what so ever.

I deleted my profile to check the hole process and after updating to the new ui it only took me 10 minutes to setup the game and drive my first race. Everything felt good, some stuff even directly out of the box, like the ffb-settings. I'm actually impressed and still wait for that moment when I go like, ahhhh there we go... it is still a mess. Haha.

You did an awesome job, you really did.

Just two minor things that I observed. One is visible in the screenshot from Stefan. The hole setup screen is nice and tidy, but the gear-chart could do with a bit of room between it and the rest above it. Its cramped up there and underneath is a good amount of free space to use...

The other thing is the double entries in the content manager. I know it is propably all good, but whenever I see the Bentley installed 4 times with different build-numbers I feel like I waste space on my ssd or something is corrupt, the old build-number shouldn't be there or whatever. It just feels like something is wrong...

Thats all. Can't believe it. lol...

Lars and philrob like this.
  14. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Couple of things to check here…

Firstly, is it the dedi server that takes its time to change session (it can take 30 secs or more to do so) - or your rf2 client that appears to fail to recognise that the server has moved on?

If it’s the second situation, check if your anti-virus spikes as the session changes (fire up task manager - temporarily set rf2 to a small(er) window if you can’t see both on screen at once). I (and others) were having this kind of problem - the AV saw that log (quite possibly Motec logs in particular) files were being created dynamically and insisted on checking them before giving control back to rf2 - I used to lose 60 seconds or more of Qualy, for instance….) If you do see AV CPU spikes, find out how to set exclusion folder(s) in your AV - I have excluded the various Log folders and now my AV leaves them alone and sessions/votes move freely.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Bentley is a special case, two separate cars(2018, 2020), so four files. Every locked up DLC has two sets of files. One that contains the private data we can't see, and the other to allow painters and modders to create more content. So, every track, every car that has encryption has two sets of files. Thus, the Bentley which has two separate car models gets 4 files. The alternative would be like other sims that don't all mods and painting.(You will really blow your mind when you start exploring the packaging system that has a copy of every installed car or track.)

pkelly likes this.
  16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Haha, I bet I would, yeah.

So it is completly normal for it to be like that then. Maybe it could get grouped together in the future. Just for some peace of mind. ;-)

Thanks for the explanation @davehenrie!

17. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

And then causing your race to go black while the gfx worked itself out, then you crashed... :((

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Allright, I think I used the updated UI now long enough to give a bit of feedback. First of all I think that the positives are pretty obvious and it's nice to see that there finaly is a base, from where S397 can build up. Nevertheless, there are still a few little issues and some that need to be adressed going forward.
    • allready mentioned, but I would like to see the option from the last UI iteration back to have multiple practice options and not just one
    • adjustable warm up sessions would be nice aswell (length and weather conditions)
    • when workshop times have been updated and synched, the UI is kind of unresponsive and lagging a bit at the beginning (this isn't the case when I don't have workshop updates)
    • when I swap several cars in the new showroom alot the game crashes (especialy bad as I simply love the new showroom to admire the different cars :p)
    • would it be possible to make the light in the showroom adjustable on the fly?
    • the broadcast overlays make the replays stutter (fullscreen without overlays works smooth)
    • would be nice to atleast have a search function for the opponent selection
    • tag based opponent selection is a must have from my POV (filter by brand, class, era etc), would be nice to remove single opponents or opponent groups
    • selected opponents need to be highlighted
    • there are still inconsistencies with the naming conventions that need to be fixed/solved (why is the Brabham BT44 not under Brabham? The brands and manufacturers are a perfect solution, so please use it consequently)
    • now with the release of the free Daytona even more relevant and obvious: official content needs to be indicated in the UI (very long requested feature)
    • multiselect option in the content manager is missing
    • more options for SC and stuff like that are needed in the UI (SC threshhold, SC laps etc.)
    • the competition system obviously needs bigger updates, so that I see wich car I select (the whole system still feels heavily WIP with wierd messages and event files popping up; rankings are clearly needed)
    Going forward it would be nice to be able to host quick sessions with friends with a P2P system as in PC2 or AMS2. If you get that done, you have a clear winner. Anyway, well done sofar and let's see what the enxt updates bring.

19. svictor

svictor Registered

As others mentioned, it would be nice to see "Track Length" info return to new UI track selection list.

Also since new UI is already reading AIW data for drawing map, may be a good idea to retrieve "lap_length" value from AIW, which gives a much more accurate track length compare to GDB value.

Edit: also, currently the circuit map does not have consistent orientation, this can be confusing when looking at and comparing with real track map. Please consider draw circuit map with correct orientation (North towards top).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    atomed, Emery, Rogger and 3 others like this.
  20. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

‘North Top’.

I don’t really get this suggestion. There is no standard representation - if you look at paper race programmes etc. or even just Google for track layouts, the same track is often represented in many different orientations and usually just oriented to make the most of the available screen/page real estate. This is a racing sim - not a sailing navigation exercise…;)

You could end up with some very zoomed-out track representations if you insist on North Up…

Lazza likes this.