Synchronization of G27 and steering wheel after entry-exit only.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SMN, Feb 4, 2022.

1. SMN

SMN Registered

My G27 and the steering wheel in rF2 are synchronized when changing cars after the race restart only.
    For example:
    The Ferrari 488 is selected. (It has steering wheel range=540).
    In the Calibrate settings:
    Rotation limit mode - Software
    Max wheel angel mode - Automatic (540) (window active)
    Range set by vehicle - checked
    Steering wheel range - 540 (window is inactive)

I choose another Porsche car. (It has Steering wheel range = 524).
    Start the race. After the track is loaded, I am looking at the Calibrate menu:
    Rotation limit mode - Software
    Max wheel angel mode - Automatic (540) (window is active) .... The angle is NOT correct.
    Range set by vehicle - checked
    Steering wheel range - 524 (window is not active) ... The angle is correct.

Since in the "Max wheel angel mode" and in the "Steering wheel range" angles are different (540 from the previous car Ferrari and 524 from the new car Porsche), then the G27 and the wheel in the game are not synchronized!

That the angle in "Max wheel angel mode" set the correct - 524 and steering wheels were synchronized need to exit the race. Only in this case, "Max wheel angel mode - Automatic" will become the correct 524.
    When you start the race again, everything is normal.
    And so in each case of changing cars. Enter the race - exit the race - enter the race.
    This is a bug or what? Or it should be?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"Max wheel angle" means your wheel's maximum rotation right now. You're in software mode so the game won't change it. What's your wheel itself set to? Make it 900° in the logitech profiler or whatever you're using.

In game, set that to Custom. Set Default Max Wheel Angle to 900°. That should never change, and your wheel (itself) rotation should never change from 900°.

Then 'Range set by vehicle' checked, will set your wheel rotation for the current car correctly.

3. SMN

SMN Registered

Thanks for the tip!
    A small remark...
    Synchronization in this case happens only if "Rotation limit mode" - Device driver.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Device driver will read, and write, the wheel rotation via your driver. If that works for you, then excellent - use it. It will take care of the rest.

If it doesn't work though, you should use Software as above.

5. SMN

SMN Registered

Okay, I get it.
    And another question .
    "Logitech Profiler" must be run every time before starting the game? Or set it up and you can not run it.
    P.S I start the game not from the "Logitech Profiler", only configured there "Global Device Setting" as in the picture.
    Logitech Profiler Global setting.png

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, just set the global one and leave it. No need to run it every time, nor run the game from it.

7. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Hey guys..
    So I love the new UI, however, my G27 too, is not synchronized at all. The old UI no problem, but I cannot train these settings to go beyond the 'Max Wheel Angle Mode' of 134.. So I move my wheel 2" to the left, and the ingame wheel moves some 100deg.. move it on more inch, and it moves 170 deg.. to the right, not as bad, but it's totally changed.
    I've followed your advice with the Logitech Profiler, I even have the 'Exaggerate Yaw' to -100deg, but to no avail.

I have however, just upgraded to Win10, so this all a fresh install, with a fresh UI.
    As well as that, I can't seem to find where we can change the settings for disengaging the DRS/Rear Flap. The old UI had 3 settings:
    1. Lift off
    2. Brake
    3. and push button.

Any ideas would be GRATEFULLY received..

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you sure you meant "Exaggerate yaw" ? That's not related to your wheel or steering at all. Best to put that on 0 usually.

I'm going to assume "Device Driver" isn't working properly for you.

So, first thing is to make sure you have your wheel rotation set to 900° in the profiler. You should then be able to test and confirm that your wheel rotates the full 900° without being in any game, as it should if you have set it globally correctly.

With that done, set this in the game:

upload_2022-2-6_21-29-18.png

And that should behave correctly.

The advantage to using "Device Driver" is that it will set your wheel (logitech) rotation itself, so if you happen to start the game with your wheel set to something else it will override it. But if that option isn't working correctly, just use the above process. Checking your wheel rotation before starting the game is as easy as physically turning it and checking.

DRS options are in the Upgrades/Customize section. You need to click Customize when selecting your car, and you'll find those options.

9. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Thank you so much for your very prompt reply.
    Hey, exaggerate yaw...?? When you're desparate, you'll try anything.. :)

1. I made sure that all the Global settings were set to 900deg in the Profiler.
    2. I did everything you mentioned above.
    However, nothing has changed. There's an option just below 'Range set by vehicle' -- 'Wheel angle'. What should this be..? The game always changes this to 553... So I set it to 900..
    Is there something in the Controlle.json that I should look at..??

Anyway thank you again.. Hopefully there's something else..????? :)))))

And the DRS... Is there something on this pic that I'm missing..? Do you remember those 3 options..?
    As there is nothing that I can find here that relates..
    IMG_1814(Edited).jpg

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The 553 is what the current vehicle uses. You should leave that how it is (having range set by vehicle should lock it actually) otherwise your steering will be faster or slower than reality.

For the DRS, you need a car that has those DRS options. You're in the right place though.

Adrian Redman likes this.
  11. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Thank you. Ok I won’t touch that again.
    I’m feeling kinda desperate as I have another round in our F3 Renault championship tonite..(And I’m leading..)

Correct. The Renault has DRS but previously I set it to ‘Lift off’, but now the only option in game is to push the binded button on and off.. I believe the new UI has eliminated these three options..

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The way the DRS gets deactivated is defined within the vehicle and was only ever available via vehicle customization. It's not a game-wide setting. The FISI 2012 still shows it:

upload_2022-2-7_17-2-4.png

I'm not familiar enough with the Formula Renault to know what it showed previously, and it doesn't have the 'normal' file structure of S397 content so the upgrade file (which defines these things) isn't visible. If the number of upgrades (or something else about how the upgrades file is defined) is breaking it then that might explain it, but that's definitely where it should be. These options are purely down to the car maker and what they define (including descriptions) so if there's an issue with upgrades and the new UI it will probably manifest with other cars as well.

@Adrian Redman just loaded up the old (old) UI and it shows the same options. Any chance you're actually thinking of a different car? Or perhaps you've used one with an upgrade package previously?

upload_2022-2-7_17-24-41.png

Here's the previous UI, just to cover them all off...

upload_2022-2-7_17-31-57.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  13. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Good work Lazza..
    Yes, interesting. I knew there were other options, so maybe I just confused the cars..
    As it turns out, my main observation here was with Mid-Ohio.. If you know that track, we deactivate DRS at the end of the main (pit) straight, just before the Miller Bridge, and we don't brake there, so I didn't realise that the brake option actually did work..!!! I didn't realise that until my mates in our comp just then showed me.. !!! :((((((
    So; RESOLVED...!!

On the steering, absolutely no changes were made by activating those suggestions. It merely cleaned up my setup. So tonite I created new Player and Controller.json files, it didn't improve anything still, but I just managed to adapt..
    (Ended up leading Race 1, was about to finish first except I span out with 1.2 laps to go..!)

Thanks again for your prompt advice.. Really appreciate that, considering the race was tonite..!
    You make this forum look good. ;)

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you get a chance can you share your controller.json file? Something must be wrong somewhere. Or if you save/load custom profiles share those. You should be able to attach here, maybe renaming to .txt if required.

Adrian Redman likes this.
  15. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Hey Laz..
    Inside this zip should be two files:
    Current2 G27 is my car settings profile, the other, the controller profile..

Thnx Cobber

Attached Files:

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, they're the same which is good, and they're mostly ok. It looks like your steering centre might be a bit off (only a few %), if you want to fully centre your wheel and click the Center button (in the calibration screen) that should get it closer. It may be a good idea to set the range completely - turn the wheel all the way to the left, then click Set Max L. Then turn all the way to the right, and click Set Max R. I think that will automatically set the centre position, but you could check that as well.

You seem to have "Range set by vehicle" off - you want that on.

Steering sensitivity should be on 100%.

Finally on the Gameplay section (still in Settings) make sure you have Steering Help set to Off.

See how that goes, though rereading what you described earlier it sounds like something very strange might be going on :confused:

17. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I don't know if it's related, but before the Christmas holidays I left the wheel and the game parked. I took advantage of the introduction of the new UI to go back and the wheel did not have the synchronized turn, when my real wheel (G29) was rotated between 45°-60° (depending on the tested car and its degrees of rotation), the steering wheel of the game was placed at 90°, with a real rotation of between 90-120°, in the game it was at 180°. I spent 4 days trying different combinations in the game settings, modifying parameters in the controller.json files, reinstalling LGS and various other things and looking for information on the internet; I couldn't fix it.
    2 days later I tried again, but all I did was set the Sensitivity(doesn't say strength) of LGS to 50%, as it comes by default when you install it(I think I left it at 60-65%), and it worked perfectly. . After some tests I came to the conclusion that now in LGS the Sensitivity acts as a multiplier/demultiplier of the real steering wheel rotation with respect to the one in the game, it does not modify the force, for that I now use the FFB multiplier of the game.
    I don't know if it only happens to me, but if it helps someone...

Adrian Redman and Lazza like this.
  18. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Thanks Lazza..

1. I must’ve adjusted the centering to compensate for the unbalanced L/R turning.
    That Controller.json was a new one after I took my initial one out.. Maybe I’ll send you that one as well..
    2. Yes, I had it on, but it made no difference. I just tried it the other way..
    3. Steering sensitivity is something I’m trying to minimise to help alleviate the problem.. But, if you say so…
    4. Yes. I’m begging to think the Win10 upgrade may have made something in the profiler unhappy.
    Thanks again.

19. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

LGS…???
    Logitech….???

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Logitech Gaming Software. The profiler you would normally use with the G27.

@Adrian Redman have you checked the wheel works normally with dxtweak or similar?