Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Is nice and all,but from 60+FPS in all tracks,now i got no more then 30.......rFactor2 style,fix one thing ,brokes 100000 things...meh,honestly i think is time to say bye bye to this pseudo game/sim,doesnt matter having the best physics and FFB if it can not run propely.:(

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You ask for the impossible with such a poor graphics card
    I am no longer talking about the PC equipment you use, which is well below what is necessary today

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have an old GTX 1070 and about 200 and a bit more fps on a monitor

4. thorfynn

thorfynn Registered

Hi.
    I had also some issues after the update.
    BUT: Two things.
    1.: Maybe its time to update your hardware. Your CPU is 9 years old and 8GM RAM should be 16...
    2.: After my problems i uninstalled rf2, deleted all associated folders and reinstalled r2. I then updated my graphics card driver.

Now all ist fine at 60 fps and no problems ;-)

5. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I have seen no performance drop with the new UI and I doubt that there have been any significant changes to the 3D engine meaning that the UI update should almost be decoupled from the 3D game.

Adam Helyes and Rui Santos like this.
  6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Sorry but i think that is not an excuse,i run AC whit CSP all in max and i get more then 60 FPS in any track,i normaly play Nords MP whit 30 players and i get around 80FPS,some drops here and there but nothing bad,i play also in some drift servers whit tracks whit a lot of animations,from smoke stacks lights,neons etc etc and the FPS rates still good,i know that i have old hardware,but not that old,whit the old UI all is great,and i basicly use only DEVMOD in rFactor2,i have more than 3.000 hours in this game to know if something is wrong.I dont see my sel buying a new car only because of rFactor2,at least for now, :)

7. Rastas

Rastas Registered

This CPU is good,maybe old but runs great,i have now 12G of ram actualy,but again,rFactor 2 or any other sim doesnt need to much ram acording whit some guys,and i have notice diference only in real time recording.

8. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Just a quick detail:
    New UI whit latest workshop Daytona-30 FPS in the Pits,around 50 in the track whit some loss of FFB
    Old UI whit the same content-always 75\80 FPS whit a smooth FFB
    Honestly i dont understand why this happen,and i dont think is my hardware.

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you can believe what you want to believe... but the 1050 ti is very poor... with the old 1070 I was going to more than 200 fps... now I normally use the 1080 ti and get more... well, yes you want to leave rfactor there is nothing to say, it is your decision
    [​IMG]

10. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Following your advise, I reinstalled everything totally from scratch tonight. It took hours with the downloading of 35 gigz of content. Literally no change at all. 10-25 % fps drop compared to the last RC on the same! setup. Old or not, it's the same.

CPU: Intel i5 7500 4 cores @ 3.4 GHz | RAM: 16 GB Kingston DDR4 @ 2100 MHz | GPU: Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8 GB | SSD: KINGSTON 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: Triple LG IPS 27" | Controller: T500RS

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  11. Rastas

Rastas Registered

and i do to go
    If is very poor ,explain the FPS diferences from old UI to new UI,and how do i get great performance in AC and Dirt rally.....theses sims have a way more demand graphics engine.
    And i dont go lesve RF2,since i can run great whit the old UI,again,im a moder in RF2,not a casual player.
    And i do not use VR,i have a single 27 Asus 1080p monitor runing at 70hz,more 10 than the factory.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can't saY THIS ENOUGH. (to you and anyone else reading along) Re-installing via Steam is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME. It does not remove everything, it just forces you to sit through all that content re-downloading, just rename your player.json and 99% of issues will get fixed. FPS is not likely to be noticeably improved via either a re-install or my method of replacing the Player.json. I have an even older RX480 8GB and the framerates seem very similar to before and after. Framerate is most often affected by the amount of detail and how much Vram is being consumed. Granted rF2 could very well have some hook from the track to the UI, but I don't think there would be such differences. I would also recommend, double checking all graphic settings, something may have defaulted to a different level than what you had previously set.
    Just to be clear, there are two versions of Daytona on the Workshop, one is much more detailed than the other. The Daytona v1.28 DX11 is not the same as the newer version released by James Mabe just this week in the workshop. (v1.04 I think) To clear up any confusion, verify that you are testing using the same track.

13. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I removed the rFactor2 folder from steam common directory completely. I replaced player.json to the old backed up version, after reinstall didn't work. I checked the settings 20 times. I spent half of the last weekend trying out different tracks, cars, graphics settings. I set everything to low, and even though the max fps was around 100, it bottle-necked at 62 in Monaco with every graphics options set to the lowest.
    Even though I'm a hobbyist programmer, I don't have to know the reason why UI affects graphics performance. It just does, no matter if it looks reasonable. I've seen many things as a maintenance guy. One of the main indicator of having problems is that things start to behave (seemingly) illogically. If they worked as expected, there would be no problem.

I don't say I'm not going to play with rF2! On the contrary, I've bought almost all the DLC, and I know the Devs made many miracles to this sim in the past (recently with the last RC). I know they are going to fix that, it's just feedback.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can reliably produce a difference in fps between the current and old UI by switching between them?

15. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Nope. The previous stable build was similar to the newest one. The last RC was significantly faster. That is the one I miss, but there's no way to switch back to that (for it's the same build with the (not that) old UI). I didn't complain if I could. I would just switch back 'till hotfix :)

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

IN RFACTOR 2 the graphics card works a lot on simulation computations, tires and physics, which I doubt in those graphics engines do so many calculations... it will not work data or mathematical calculations in the same way at all

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Er... no. rF2 is what it is, but it isn't that.

Emery likes this.
  18. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Hmm,wrong,physics calculations is done by cpu,wich i dont have any issue. :)

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

The graphics card does not do math calculations?:rolleyes:

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It does a lot of calculations.

It doesn't do calculations pertaining specifically to simulation, and it certainly doesn't do anything regarding tyres (except their graphical representation) and physics. That's what your post sounds like.