Released Announcing the BMW M4 GT3

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 3, 2022.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

I'd like that you're right (i don't like GT3), but i think that GT3 lovers never will have enough.

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I disagree with you, I love gt3:);)

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The problem with GT3 is that is popculture stuff. It is popculture of racing. It doesn't mean it is wrong thing. But it does have all the drawbacks, which can be illustrated in analogy with pop music. What music is most likely to play somewhere, where there is a gathering of absolutely random people ? Big radio stations plays pop music, the audience is biggest. Radio stations plays same song multiple times in an hour, and then switch to different songs that feels like a clone of previous hits... Same with GT3, you can get most people involved because it just appeal to widest random amount of simracers. GT3 gets most of exposure, and becomes a car of every existing racing series, eventually F1 cars will be open wheeler variants of GT3 cars.

It is just because people are rather static... and there is a thing that everyone likes/dislikes equally, it is like a consensus. It is like BOP of life, where the goal is to make everything equal, so everybody are equally unhappy about how something is. But the equality is so cool, totally worth it.

Interesting thing is that IMO GT3 cars are very exciting to drive IRL. I hate this myth that has become such a theme in simracing, that GT3 cars are designed for gentleman amateurs, so they must be somehow ultra easy. It is nonsense. They think with GT3 average driver should be able to keep up with pro. It is enough to understand how tires and aerodynamics work, and then observe how they actually drive them IRL. Sure they are built to handle super nice, and be super fast, but you must realize that these two terms contradicts eachother, and at some point you can't have super nice and super fast at the same time, it is totally ruled out by physics, mainly by mechanical grip and aerodynamics. And GT3 use performance tires, and much aero. Damn... even GT4 probably isn't very easy, even though they have modest aero, but they are still on slicks and still powerful.

When people wants something easy and at the same time fast, and the choice ends up being GT3, it is just result of false in simracing, but it is also result of people asking to be lied. If you want something fast and easy, you should probably desire GT4 cars, or even some slower cars, maybe something that isn't even on slicks and with wings and spinning wheels in 4th gear. GT3 cars should be something that one starts considering after getting good with GT4 car or similar.

Radio: "I am good driver, FFB on this car is so bad, not enough rear end FFB !"

4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Nothing is easy to move at the limit.
    I totally agree with you!
    Likewise TCR. At the limit?
    I? Never ever.. I'm not a professional. .

mantasisg likes this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

If a car is easy to drive, you're not on the limit :D

Binny, RaceNut, Sim_Player and 2 others like this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

That's it! :D

lagg likes this.
  7. Filip

Filip Registered

How come no one commented on great sounds. Especially external cam sounds. Well done!
    Am I naive, are these real audio samples mixed in for a teaser purpose or real rf2 sounds?
    Because these are some best rf2 sounds, I can't believe rf2 is capable of this?!?

Lars and Balazs Magyar like this.
  8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The samples used do seem good, relative to rF2 audio in general.

However, I don't see much evidence that the current Miles Sound Engine (version?) is truly capable for racing titles. Compared to the audio in AC/ACC (F-mod), it's quite different there, both in-car and in replays, not to mention surround and environmental effects.

The next closest title to rf1 / rF2 in sound-engine terms is RaceRoom but, they use a customized version of the Miles sound-engine to achieve much better overall results. They expanded the engine's capabilities way beyond the base package, offering the player greater customization than any other title. In VR (Valve Index Surround), I doubt there is a better racing-audio experience to be had anywhere (imo).

Of course, better audio-samples will always help but, the current sound-engine limitations are another matter altogether. IF S397 can manage to improve the sound-engine utilization and features (3D audio / surround) more effectively, it may reach a decent state but, as it stands currently, rF2 audio remains plagued by some strange issues. The only place where I think it does decent is with the wall-reflection effect but still, far from AC/ACC levels. An effective "Sound-cone" for proximity audio in rF2 is near non-existent and ineffective, something F-mod seems to handle much better.

It remains to be seen (Heard:)), what S397 can really achieve in audio but, there hasn't been a lot to cheer about in regard to the audio experience in rF2 thus far. There also needs to be improved effect separation, surround and spatial effects, and volume controls available for greater player satisfaction / immersion. If they stick with the same sound engine, looking to RaceRoom for inspiration, may be a good reference.

vava74, mesfigas and pkelly like this.
  9. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

10. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

It looks like I was really wrong. Before moderator closed M4 GT3 thread on RD there were 212 comments :D

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Most of those were two chaps arguing if a sim driver knew more about physics than a guy whose company prepares teams with simulations.

12. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Yes, that's right. But in any case, the local PR was a success. How long RF2 exists is always a question of physics.

13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Bought an M4 and Ligier, Daytona. Track was installed, LMP3 required a subscription, and BMW writes steam an error.

@Paul Jeffrey

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hi @R.Noctua the content isn't officially released yet - it will be uploaded properly and an announcement of the release as soon as it is.

Cheers

lagg likes this.
  15. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Hello, Paul! Thank you!

In any case, I have something to do - LMP3+Daytona :rolleyes:Just waiting for the release of the M4)

16. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

Super work done with the BMW M4 !!!! Superb !!!!

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's a very good car, I have more pleasure in rF2 than in ACC.
    But, can someone make full new official liveries, a .rfcmp with a separate class ? I can give a donation.

18. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

M4 GT3 standing start...problems!
    With a standing start, the M4 GT3 does not really make progress.
    He starts like a lame duck!
    The other GT3 fly past me in the first 100m.
    That is not how it works!
    Because the other GT3 start normally and start sprinting straight away.
    Something doesn't fit.
    So racing is no fun with the M4 GT3.
    That has to be improved.
    With rolling start it is ok.

19. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

NO !

Standing start is no fun at all BUT racing is !

atomed likes this.
  20. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

May need a BOP to bring it back in line with the other GT3s?
    Guys on our server faster in this, already, than anything else.
    That's concerning, when they've only just got the car & haven't
    sussed it out completely as yet!
    Worryingly OP'd, enough so that it could turn every series
    in to a one car series if not addressed soon, which goes against the
    whole principle of GT3 racing...
    Obviously, it's only just been released, so I'm sure S397/MSG are
    getting lots of feedback to fix the issue...

Darwin Jones, atomed and B. Gant like this.