[WIP] Apex Modding - 1970 Sportscar Championship

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ApexModding, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Just was thinking you might miss some fans that way ;) No prob

2. yoss

yoss Registered

Free to join Mister !!

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I had left your mod unattended because of not so much time for simracing but came back this weekend and I can honestly say now you nailed the FFB for the Ferrari, the setting on steering levels that wasn't doing anything for me few weeks ago now works brilliantly and brought the car at the same level of pure enjoyment than the Porsche.

really great job here with FFB updates:cool:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    yoss likes this.
  4. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Hi guys, you're all invited this Saturday! Sign up here: https://discord.gg/8NZ6DXj

[​IMG]

Track: Belgium 1966: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=537632245&searchtext=belgium
    Cars: Ferrari 512S: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2337232570&searchtext=512s
    Porsche 917k: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=782259180&searchtext=917k
    Quali start time: Saturday October 23rd; 8PM EST/1AM UK/2AM EU
    Quali: 30 mins
    Race: 1hr
    Ingame hour: 2:00PM
    Time progression: x5
    Ingame temp/ weather: 25c dry/clear
    Tuning: open
    Tyres+ fuel: authentic
    Damage: on (50%)
    Start: rolling start

vava74, yoss, Rogger and 4 others like this.
  5. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

From another angle. Cloudy, rainy, bright sunshine and winds.
    917-512-Spa.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  6. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I did 3 hours in the 917K last night at historic Le Mans, just wanted to tell you guys that I still absolutely LOVE these cars, had a blast driving with CMS and I just keep coming back to these, H pattern, heel and toe heaven.......

yoss, vava74, atomed and 3 others like this.
  7. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

Yup can't agree more... superb mods great mix and very immersive at older tracks like le grand circuit and Rouen etc

thanks to all involved

yoss likes this.
  8. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

Once we have published the 2021 Indycar beta, we will look into the windshield rendering that was impacted by the game update, and can hopefully roll out an update to the cars.

9. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Thanks, that would be wonderful as it looks a bit like a slightly misty day at the moment!

yoss likes this.
  10. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Hi all, we're doing the next chapter on Saturday 30th of April at Spielberg historic.

[​IMG]

1hr race, if you're interested please signup in the sim racing lounge here: https://discord.gg/8NZ6DXj

datasting, Art_Pereira, yoss and 2 others like this.
  11. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Take away from the race; the Porsche is no match anymore for the Ferrari. Not sure what changed as the two were better bop'd before when we raced them last year, but it looks like the Ferrari became very stable and it was already quite a bit faster to boot in a straight line. Before the Porsche was better in the corners (corner exit mostly), but that advantage has slipped away.

Can the bop be looked at again please, so the two can be raced together without it feeling like a multiclass race?

12. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

The biggest issue is "safely" recreating reliability issues to make the 512S a gamble, without infuriating users. We do have a couple of things in mind for a future revision but aimed at realism, not making it basically a league edition. We will also review what can be done about tires as the realroad system incorrectly lays too much rubber from these, so laptimes drop significantly when they shouldn't.

For now, the best we'd recommend is adding 20-50kg of ballast to the 512S, depending on the skill level of the drivers involved. We do plan on returning to 1970 as we have other cars to add and model variants, don't worry :).

13. Corti

Corti Registered

917.jpg

Bostrom, vava74, Mauro and 11 others like this.
  14. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Any news on the screen rendering, feeling like I need another fix of these and would like it not to be foggy!
    Thanks for your continued work on these cars.

15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

I came back to these cars today and they are such a joy to drive, the ffb and handling are sublime....you can place the cars where you want ... and the engine sounds!
    A fresh look at the cars could be beneficial and a tweak or two if needed.....
    I love your mod!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    makan, mister dog and vava74 like this.
  16. vava74

vava74 Registered

pascom likes this.
  17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

The car "featured" a pressure gauge - the chassis was pressurised so that if one of the joints was failing the air leaking out would show up as a drop in pressure :eek: And the chassis of 917-053 was made of magnesium :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    makan, Eric Rowland and vava74 like this.
  18. yoss

yoss Registered

Oh Yeah !!

makan, vava74 and pascom like this.
  19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Vic Elford 1970...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another honour eternally preserved for Elford is being the only person ever to drive a Porsche 917 along the Targa Florio. “That came about due to the internal rivalry at the time between Ferdinand Piëch and John Wyer. They often butted heads, but as Piëch’s main driver I often benefitted when he had a point to prove. When we went to the Targa Florio in 1970, we all did our single Friday morning practice laps in the 908/3s we’d be using in the race. Then Piëch said ‘can you do me a favour and do a lap in the 917 we brought along? I want to prove something to Wyer’. It wasn’t set up with the soft suspension you needed for the Targa Florio, so it bounced and rattled its way around the entire 45-mile lap. I set the fifth fastest time overall in practice, but after that single lap I was too physically and mentally exhausted to get out of the car – I had to be lifted out. I could never have used the 917 in the race, but it was certainly an experience… although the road was only two lanes wide, I was probably doing well over 200mph down the seafront straight towards the end of the lap.”

rand777, jimagn, Bostrom and 11 others like this.
  20. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Is the cloudy glass fixed yet? If so I need to be driving these again.