rFactor 2 | The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, yeah, I get the comedy, no problem, but it's actually all you can do when faced with the real facts. Theres no arguments for the past years of RF2.

memoNo1 likes this.
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

It's your time you're wasting.. not mine.
    But it's okay. It's quite funny.
    And I even laughed.
    Therefore..
    That's the problem with the anonymous internet.
    We often misjudge each other. At least my impression.
    Check out my YOUTUBE channel.
    I guess I'm not that "petty".

3. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have written extra please do not take too seriously, it is also exaggerated by me I think that comes across should not be an attack, just bring some fun into the discussion, I do not want to make it ridiculous.

memoNo1 and Nieubermesch like this.
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Everything's OK.
    You misunderstood me.
    That's what I mean by anonymous internet..
    Well, colleague Nieubermesch and I have a tight schedule.
    We must continue Compulsive .
    Looking for mistakes to satisfy our neuroses.. :p:D:cool:.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, theres no problem. I even know I shouldn't pick some things apart so much, but others are absolutely reasonable to be mad about.

memoNo1 likes this.
  6. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Ahah, you are quite correct. Compulsion kinda rules me a bit, so that explains a bit, but not all :D

memoNo1 likes this.
  7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

:D

8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

100% for sure guenther.
    Your comment also.. :D

9. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

But to tell you something from me about the topics: we have been racing for years with three colleagues a season that is modeled after the "real" F1 season (same tracks same order etc.) (first with ISI F1 2012, then with a F1 2018/2020 mod and next season with Formula Pro so the plan). Our races are enriched with the AI and since we have to use many mod tracks during the season you can imagine how much fun we sometimes have with the AI. In addition, the AI has already decided the one or other race. On the original tracks like Monaco it's even more annoying that the AI doesn't work properly. In the meantime, we have started to optimize the AI ourselves in DEV mode (actually, only one of us can do that) and after that, it works very well with the AI. The adjustments are usually done in an hour. In the old UI, for example, we asked ourselves who came up with the idea of distributing the voting in multiplayer to three different places. There is of course more to it, but (and I think this is the most important thing) the races are still spectacular, are exciting and fun despite these circumstances, and it works for example on network level without any problems. Of course I would be happy that all this will be fixed directly, but if you are realistic, then it is also not without fixing all this without causing other things in such a complex simulation that can simulate all racing classes and is still mod capable, that should just be taken into account........

juanchioooo, Nieubermesch and memoNo1 like this.
  10. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

rF2 is my prefered sim man, I get it. I don't hate rF2, I hate S397 development. If you go back and read my comment on the past 6 years you will notice that what you said is only helpful stuff, but only excuses and you are ignoring the main points. But all good. I'm going to complain less anyway from now on. I'm not supporting S397 right now until I see the proof it's moving in the right direction for me anyway. Cheers.

memoNo1 likes this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think you need to give it a rest at one point. Your constant nagging is a bit out of place tbh. I have written alot of critical comments myself but nothing that would get me banned. You also need to understand that they can't fix everything at the same time. The UI is a solid start and the upcomming content looks solid aswell together with the proposed changes (that we know off).

Maybe do what I did. Take a step back, try other sims and come back if you feel like it. There will be another bigger update in February, so how about waiting for that? I felt the urge to test the new UI yesterday and had a fantastic race weekend with the AI, trashing the Datsuns around the fantastic Road Atlanta version in some short sessions. 30 minute practice, 15 minute qualy and ten lap race. It looked great, the sound was fantastic, the AI was sublime and the athmosphere at 6 pm at Road Atlanta is simply great. There are things that this sim does really well and people should embrace that more often.

On a final note: when you get to try other products, be prepared to be dissapointed in similar ways as here. If offline racing is your thing you will be suprised about the shortcomming of products like ACC, AC or AMS2. If you think, that rF2 is the only product where AI doesn't slip stream, simply ignores you or where multiclass racing is difficult, then you are pretty far off the mark. And this doesn't even include wet weather racing where those other products are pretty useless aswell.

12. Havner

Havner Registered

Would you please list those "proposed changes that we know of"?

Nieubermesch likes this.
  13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Take a time to read my longer post in the previous page of this thread and actually take it in. You people can't stop ingoring the major points and keep repeating the same old tired exuses that are already addressed in what you and others reply.

Will not repeat myself again. It would be nagging it seems, because sometimes I and others need to say things again and again to the same people who never come up with propper arguments at all and continue to say the same thing obligating us to say the same thing to see if one time, just maybe one time, they will get it.

I will not take any break. I'm going to deletete the content I bought in terms of broken cars with horrible tires and drive mods that are free that feel like a propper car for a simulation of rF2 capabilities, even if they didn't come with the most accurate real life data. At least they are more realistic then those supposed real life data cars that behave the way they behave...

Other sims AI like AC and ACC at least the AI drivers aren't constantly spinning me out like ass****.

14. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, lol! Things seem to be even worse in terms of communication now!

The cleaning up of worthless car content from S397 is going on. No more frustration from me. It was most of the DLC content but oh well, modders for the win.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I am talking about P2P. I have no idea how long people have been waiting for this. Same applies for the onboard controlled weight jacker. Maybe for you it isn't important, but for me this is the stuff that needs to work if you offer oval content, DTM cars or just Indycars. Stuff like that needs to be implemented and it takes time. It's a physics feature for the people who are so damn picky about the Studio not being able to deliver physics updates.

It seems that for you guys development just needs happen faster, within a blink of an eye. Maybe there will be changes to the AI, maybe not. Who knows. According to the news you will know it when it's ready. Fact is, we just got a new very solid UI, wich has been the main point of critics and complaints, when you read through the piles of recent feedback and reviews on steam. This update isn't even a week old and some of you start complaining that their most desired feature isn't released or talked about yet. Grow up guys. And if you really consider the sim to to be usable, stop spending money on it's DLCs. It's pretty simple, if you ask me.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  16. Havner

Havner Registered

Acknowledged. I fully respect this is important for you and you're happy about that. You wrote "proposed" and this stuff seems to be already implemented in the core (just not in the cars), so I did not think about that. And I'm not aware of any other "proposed" changes.

No, but few years seems to be enough time, wouldn't you agree?

memoNo1 and Nieubermesch like this.
  17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't get me wrong, I exactly know about the shortcommings of this sim and how long it has taken to get it where it is now. The horse has been beaten to death a thousend times. But what's the point to get grey hairs about something that might change in the next couple of months? The February update hasn't been deployed and we are going around in circles allready. What's the point? Sorry, but I don't get it. If you are cautious/sceptical about the new content and direction that development is taking then maybe hold on for a few more months and you will know if it's worth it or not. There is plenty of choice out there to spend your time better than to post the same rants over and over again. And in the case of a certain person it is actually crossing the line. Attacking the people working for the studio and calling their work "worthless" would certainly get you banned in other forums. Be glad the people at S397 aren't short fuzes like some people in the Kunos forums.

18. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It's worthless content for me, as I will not use it anymore if it doesn't get fixed... I didn't meant at all that it has no value and you are just taking advantage of not liking me and what I say to misjudge what I said. When your and others weak arguments in the face of the facts of the last 6 years fail, it's normal that you resort to this type of thing.

By the way, it's so so funny you guys are so clueless... How many times have we been lead on by S397? Have you thought that perhaps they've done this to themselves? I've been more and more critical because of things said and hinted and promised... Use you freaking brains for once and stop being mindless fanboys, because thats why things like the slip angles of tires and slides are being fixed. Because some voices actually really care!

19. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

The kind of argument about instant development could work if we didn't have 6 years of the same slow movement on things and the lack of trust bulit! If people can't see that it's very sad, but who am I.

20. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

are you OBAN from discord? if not, you are the twin... everytime same old story

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    pkelly and Remco Majoor like this.