Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Hey, jo that's also my problem since march 2021. I got a reverb G2 since march, ok many driver testing ... 471.22 and 466.11 and since some days the new 497.09 what works nice and smooth. Not many peakes in VR only with many opponents or AL Drivers.
    Yesterday I had no peakes the whole evening with some drivers on a server NOS 24 GT3 ... all smooth.
    This is a problem without a real solution I think so :-( but the rFactor 2 driving with the G2 is so much amazing fine ... damn good :)
    Since march I didn't drive on a 2D screen, only in 3D VR. This is a game changer.
    Another thing is ... Automobilista 2 works super in VR too but WITHOUT any peakes and problems so this problem is not only from nvidia.
    I got this peakes on my 2070 Super before and with the 3090 too .... but the performance on the 3090 in 5k (G2) is quite nice with all details 8xMSAA 16AA all high and around 75% gpu usage on NOS-24H with anytime ! 90FPS.
    We can only wait, test a little and enjoy the driving. Some custom tracks have to much purple peakes, I dont drive this tracks :)

David Martinez likes this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have a lot of these pink frames in the CPU monitoring. What does that mean? In the GPU I have them but few.
    I-9900K 5.1Hz and 2080ti .

3. Daniel Erstling

Daniel Erstling Registered

No, native Oculus API has never been implemented by S397. There was, however, once a small replacement DLL (opencomposite), which removed the SteamVR requirement and helped with performance on Oculus Devices. Unfortunately the RF2 / RRE version of it is deprecated and no longer working and the full version never worked for me when I had an Oculus device. So, it's SteamVR only.

4. badatdriving

badatdriving Registered

Hey guys, I just got Rfactor2 and I love the way the game feels. I cannot go back to Assetto Corsa after this.
    However I run the game on my quest 2 with a Asus g14 laptop with mobile 2060 gpu. I am able to get stable 90 fps with Assetto Corsa ( not the best settings) I don’t care much about eye Candy. I just want smooth fps. Anybody have any recommended settings for me with this gpu for smooth fps. I really only care about the Nordschleife.

5. David Martinez

David Martinez Registered

No Studio 397 administrator really knows how to answer this?
    @Paul Jeffrey
    I seek your attention and help please

It is very frustrating to take so many years in rf2 and to have to leave it because the best hardware of the moment, is not capable of executing it well with vr

If it is a known case, I do not understand how they are not trying to solve it at least.
    We are many VR users with this problem, perhaps too many ...

Jts, atomed, GTClub_wajdi and 2 others like this.
  6. atomed

atomed Member

These are my settings. You can set max framerate to 91 if you have Oculus, I use Index.
    upload_2022-1-17_16-38-37.png
    upload_2022-1-17_16-39-22.png

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Jts

Jts Registered

it happens to me too

David Martinez likes this.
  8. Magus

Magus Registered

Has the VR performance for RTX30XX & HP Reverb G1/2 users returned to normal for those effected by stuttering and low GPU usage?

I'm experiencing fluid gameplay once again and can play at night with AI (although rain + night around AI again caused spikes).
    Not sure if it is the new UI?

I also have done the following:
    • installing latest Nvidia drivers 511.23 using NVSlimmer (so ONLY the core display drivers, Install core & PhysX are installed)
    • in rF2 display options choosing FULL screen at my monitor's default resolution (3440x1200) & refresh rate (100Hz)
    • choosing the 1st GPU listed from drop down (I have listed: Auto - RTX3090 - RTX3090 - MS Basic Render Driver)
    • Clearing the CBASH folder after the gpu driver install
    So far so good on what have been problem track/car combos, running races with 19AI.

David Martinez, Jts and juanchioooo like this.
  9. Hazi

Hazi Registered

• Using same driver - no slimmer used - and got smoother performance on my NV3800 and G2V1 just before the recent update too - I installed the sharpen eye too and so was not sure what made the diff.....

David Martinez and Magus like this.
  10. Magus

Magus Registered

So must be the new 511.23 drivers that have fixed the issue...finally rF2 is back!

11. alrischa

alrischa Registered

12. atomed

atomed Member

13. alrischa

alrischa Registered

Oh thank you! You can manage VRToolkit in it?

14. atomed

atomed Member

Yes, and the headlights app too.

15. Magus

Magus Registered

I'm happy to have rF2 back in my roster of games that is playable in VR after latest GPU driver update HOWEVER, anyone else experiencing that in a somewhat longer race, say 25mins, that at some stage the stutter reappears?

By that stage of the race, the grid is spread and sometimes it is a clear track ahead of me when it falters. Possible memory leak? Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

16. Hazi

Hazi Registered

had the same yesterday with an "only" 20 laps race at Spa 1986 and suddenly after ~30 mins stutter - no replay recording - nothing no background update - just all in all a degredation of FPS - cars were wide spread.

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes. I had same experience yesterday. After updating to tye new driver( 2080ti) it was perfect and I said woww,. No stuttering and the game was so smooth. After 50min of practice the stuttering appeared again . I don’t understand why this happened.

18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you have to see if programs are activated in the background... and in my case I don't use external plugins

19. EmperorOfFinland

EmperorOfFinland Registered

I still run a driver from earlier 496.49. and i have no problems with stutters or anything like that. the main issue is that if youre running the game on non hyperthreaded cpus it does not seem to like that that would be anything with 6/6 config or 8/8 config like the 8600k

So in princible you should avoid couple settings, that being the car reflections and also not using too much roadreflections.

You can increase the car quality itself, but also the MSAA supersampling is quite expensive to run aswell so you dont want to use more than 2-4x with a 2070 super, ie something like 1080 ti.

Graphics Settings.png

I have succesfully ran thease settings since 2019 without stutter issues and 30 car grids on nords. what tends to be most demanding track in general. the main thing is to keep envoirment reflection on either off or low as that eats alot of performance on VR the roadreflection at low still gives rain reflections on the road as thouse dont seem to eat that much performance.

also if you run MSI afterburner and the rivatuner statistics thing the staticstic lags the game with stutters if you use it so you should not keep that installed on your pc if youre playing VR

Hazi likes this.
  20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

In my case I use many softwares to run my cockpit…. Motion, wind sim, sim hub , SC4 and afterburner . Are you saying that these softwares can cause stuttering?

juanchioooo likes this.