rFactor 2 | The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2022.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You have to see the whole thing from that point.
    I put a lot of money into this sim over the 3 years.
    Also had a lot of fun.
    But as in any relationship, little by little, over time, you see more of the problems.
    .and these have not decreased over the 3 years. No! They became more.
    Again and again there were the perseverance slogans, please be patient, ui, competition, graphics..
    Pay content.
    Bought and enjoyed almost everything.
    .there are many problems there too.
    This paid content should always have priority 1 when it comes to bugs! What is done instead? New content submitted later. Plus the chance of having even more bugs in the game.
    .3 years ago the UI2019 came.
    The core of the game was rewritten it said.
    Now we can program everything the way we want it, they said.
    For example, how long is Monza out now? 3 months?
    .no signs of finally fixing it for singleplayer. The AMG GT3..?
    Now the UI2022.
    New content again.
    The base of the sim has barely improved in 3 years.
    Now the same game again?
    Without me.
    I don't get a cent anymore.
    .until the base finally works.

Dady Cairo and Nieubermesch like this.
  2. thorfynn

thorfynn Registered

Without wanting to name names... I'm guessing those who are shouting the loudest here are a far cry from knowing what it means to create a product of this complexity. But then howling around that's not finished yet and that was promised - blablabla. Damn it - welcome to reality. Christmas is long gone and now let the people of Studio 397 work in peace. greetings from the black forest.

U. Daniel likes this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

These types of end users are my favourites. At least every seller.
    How long has the product been on the market?
    Greetings from the Rhenish territory! .

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

It's really hard for me to categorize this correctly. What you write here would also fit pretty much any other sim out there. I have pretty much all of them installed at home..... But how much money have you invested in this sim in the last 3 years which allows you to make these claims? Because seriously investing a few euros does not make us shareholders who enjoy a say. It's just childish I'm sorry. You pay 10 euros get a track and can have fun in it and with it, that's a fair deal even if there are bugs that are not fixed according to your personal priority list and timeline. But you are completely free not to invest any more money for these personal reasons or never touch RF2 again, but that's why you don't have to make such a huge topic out of it here. I hope you don't take this too personally because it's not meant that way, but I really think there should be a classification of the relation of the problems.

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

S397 has good intentions and (at least at some point) ambitious goals, but it is way too understaffed to realize that vision in a way that will not take the next 10 years.
    Hence stuff taking forever, plans scrapped, some features unrealistically feasible...
    A modern sim requires so much workforce (and budget that goes with it) to constantly evolve (and do it fast) to meet the huge expectations of simracers, which in reality is a very niche audience and very demanding at that.
    I think at this stage, only iRacing have the means to achieve their goals due to the huge cash they have with their model.
    In the end we have to be pragmatic and enjoy the things we have, because there could be nothing and the (gaming) industry do not owe hardcore sims to simracers. It's a bit of a miracle that so many sims exist for such small audience.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    RaceNut and Christian Wolter like this.
  6. Christian Wolter

yes I see that too, maybe S397 should start a survey whether people are willing to pay a subscription fee, etc..;)

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

This is my personal opinion of the final product and service.
    Everything I write here are facts.
    But well, yes, it's enough.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

I'm nor referring directly to you, @memoNo1
    I think that the problem are not the facts, but the expectations.
    And we base our expectations on our preferences.
    And then we personalize this too much instead of enjoy what we have.

9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hmm, maybe you're right.
    But I also chat with the devs about private messages.
    And take a close look at the roadmaps of the last few years.
    Much, very much was simply not implemented.
    But like I said, I'm done.
    Lets see what happens.

Nieubermesch and lagg like this.
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

I think,they have/had less knownledge how to handle the core game engine ,when S397 took RF2 over.
    After updating to a newer DirectX version,the chaos began.No track map,the Hud etc. are all effected by this change.
    Now,they have employed some new people,messing with it.Hope is there,but you've got to learn the engine and mess with it.
    Nothing else as what Reiza has/is doing with a "modern" version of the ISI - engine.But they have a helping hand if it is too hard,to ask to.
    Why did we bought all that DLC's.To make the Studio grow.And to learn.This never happend to my satisfaction.

Nieubermesch and memoNo1 like this.
  11. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I once wanted to be banned from Discord for constantly mentioning Daytona.

What do you say now, skeptics? :rolleyes:

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think everyone should be banned from Discord for their own good.

Anyway, official Daytona was so obvious to happen, as soon as possibility occurs. It is still a surprise.

13. Christian Wolter

I didn't say that the issues you mention are not true or not a fact. But let's take Monza as an example: yes the track has the bugs you mentioned, but I have endless fun with the track despite these bugs. From my point of view it is by far the best version out there no matter in which sim and that despite its bugs. And yes of course it is annoying that the track has bugs at all and also that these are not fixed yet. But if you ask me if I think it's a fair deal to have so much fun for 10 Euro then I would answer yes anytime without ignoring the bugs. So it's a bit of a matter of personal perspective. I have already seen the one or other video on your channel and estimate you so that you are actually a big RF2 fan (that's me by the way) and then you tend to dramatize sometimes because you get emotional, I can of course understand but I still think you could have much more fun with RF2 if you change your point of view a bit.

U. Daniel likes this.
  14. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

You are right on all points.
    Also that there is no better version of Monza.
    Even more frightening that it doesn't work properly.
    I rush after the AI and every time the Lesmo. That destroys any immersion.:(
    I won't mention the other points.
    Of course I'm still a fan of rF2..
    But everyone has reached their pain threshold at some point.
    Maybe my displeasure now contributes to at least fixing this little thing?
    If you can create something great like Monza, NOS, Sebring, etc., you should be able to do a small AIW quickly, right?
    I would like to do it myself but the devmod doesn't work in VR.:(
    Monitor is 2m away from the rig..
    So much for that..:confused:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Disagree,there is a better or similar version with all variants + the oval in another sim.
    Bought it though...

Nieubermesch likes this.
  16. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I pushed the goal forward when? When were fixed the issues I've ever talked about? Things to do with the simulation and gameplay? Serious issues with the tires that are becoming a meme for complaining about it and how they are? Where are the AI fixes at all, thing they broke? Where are the working temperatures in a sim of the calliber of RF2? Where are the better rain physics I've read since I joined rF2 for probably 5 years and they still havent done a single freaking thing to at least tweak it a bit? No need to be the next level of rain racing. There was no goal post moved for me. There was no performance updates to conditions of a dynamic sim like this that renders it almost useless for someone that is very sensitivite to FPS problems and most people are - this is a quick inputs game.

Now, tell me, what has been delievered as of now? After 6 years? Content, graphics and a New UI that took 5 years? To be good enough?

You keep saying (some) "Oh, track and car guys now do physics!". Yeah, where are the physics and core gane guys then? They seem to not exist by your freakinf logic since they do nothing of any substance and it's annoying as hell.

There can't be other position to have with S397 - not rF2 - when even now with the change of plans, things seem to remain the same as always until I actually see, because trust is not what theyve built until now and fuckk off to any who is to stupid to see that and continues to defend things like that.

I wont stop playing and loving rF2, I'll stop supporting S397. Everything said.

Havner and memoNo1 like this.
  17. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I also am of the belief that people here try to compensate for the quality of the tracks. RF2 has some very nice physics and they might be fooled by that and attribute it to being a better scan and all then other tracks. If it's graphics there is nothing better then ACC so I don't know what theu are talking about.

18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Where:)

19. Christian Wolter

I just imagine memoNo1 and Nieubermesch meeting to play RF2: First drive in training:

Did you see that the traffic light at the pit area is not correctly on the white line but minimally in front of it?

noted

When entering the first corner I noticed that the floodlight has a wrong angle of radiation.

noted

When looking at the other floodlights, I unfortunately drove into the barriers and noticed that one of the marshals was waving the yellow flag to the left and the other to the right.

noted

on the straight I come into the limiter there is a sound loop

noted

when going over the curbs in turn 14 the car is not behaving physically correct I think

noted

So now 4 hours are over we have not finished a single lap, has been fun

noted

sorry guys please do not take too seriously:);)

20. guenther

guenther Registered

noted (scnr)

davehenrie and memoNo1 like this.