Released Announcing Daytona for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Do I know? I know nothing until I see something for sure. They take all this time to write a huge blog on turns of a track, an half assed plan for 2022 without no mentions of those kind of physics fixes and additions and you expect me to be happy? For just one more track that will end up being badly optimized for anything other then day racing? Like the other tracks halving my performance when headlights of cars are on? Give me a break! February is my last opportunity for this DevTeam.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

thanks god

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

without a doubt Macao should be in rfactor!!!...there will be several Daytona tracks?

4. Fer

Fer Registered

Well, we are already on the move again, new circuits, new cars, to prepare the wallet until the potholes return if things are not seen. And update the obsolete dlcs in terms of quality consistency?

atomed, Havner and Nieubermesch like this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Some truth spoken :)

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

A new track is always a nice idea.
    I hope the night ambient tracks are well made, in Azure, it's so minimalist that is ridiculous.
    I wait for 5 more paid tracks this year, and AI fix, and AI selection, shadow fix, dust fix, then I stop complaining.

7. philliefranchise

philliefranchise Registered

this worries me a lot for the iracing Daytona 24.

after seeing what happened with the Le Mans virtual event, making it relatively impossible to have a large scale special event FOR THE AVERAGE SIM RACER like iracing did for years, really disappointed me in rfactor 2 and the licensing agreement arrangement.

if this happens again for Daytona, I will be heart broken for our community and the racing community. Rfactor 2 does not have the comp system ready to handle these events, and I hate that that.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Rolex track is so well lit, you can easily drive it without your headlights. Even then, they only use about 1/2 the available lights on the circuit.
    As far as the release date: I suspect another licensee either had rights til now or at least enough clout to hold any press by S397.

Lars likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I agree about the end of video...sounds like it could be the Bmw gt3 M4 variant.
    Alex & Nieb should take note, no core game improvement are being announced yet. We really do need to see something more than just push to pass.

After watching some of the LM24 Virtual event, for endurance to really be supported, they need to re-establish the rF1 ability for long damage repairs. A blown engine is still end of the day, but a damaged corner could be replaced in XX number of minutes.

Havner, Nieubermesch and memoNo1 like this.
  10. Kahel

Kahel Registered

While your at it... don't forget: SOUND, update and fix... there's some pretty bad audio sample, probably probably legacy from rf1... and buggy collision sound...

11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

As one of the World Class endurance events, its great to see the Daytona 24hr road course make it to rF2. However, the timing is terrible. I'm hoping it wasn't a case of the licensing not saying "you can't announce it until after the actual race" from IMSA or other licensing agreements. If so, that sucks. It's available in PC2 and AMS2 (suspect the same base content) and of course iRacing, who had an actual virtual event a week or so ago. iRacing have the IMSA relationship where both them and MSGS have a NASCAR relationship. I suspect the content (scans, etc.) was also done for Ignition and was cross-licensed. The next opportunity for this would be Watkins Glen. Mid Ohio and Road America also hold events for both series though and there is also the potential to cross-license for IndyCar as well which I assume is the thing being announced tomorrow.

Of bigger issue is the lack of tracks for ELMS, if the focus is supposed to be on endurance racing. For this year, that is Le Castellet, Imola (sub-par 3rd party track), Hungaroring, Barcelona, Spa (have it) and Portimao. Hopefully we'll get one or two of these this year.

12. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Great news! Keep those classic endurance venues coming! :cool:

13. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Well done... now I want this Mustang in rF2 quite badly! 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s tin top racing cars are severly lacking in rF2... and it's a damn shame because these types of cars are so much fun to drive in rF2, much more than other sims imo. Really looking forward to trying Daytona, but to drive around it in a car like this... I would be getting shivers down my spine and laughing out loud!

mantasisg likes this.
  14. vava74

vava74 Registered

Why? Is anyone is blocking 24h races around Le Sarthe on iRacing? Is it the name that matters to you or the racing? The same way that MSG/S397 do not have any agreement with IMSA and surely will not be able to run a 24h event around the Daytona circuit named 24H of Daytona, but can run an event with any other name.

AMillward likes this.
  15. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Actually, yes, that's exactly what happened at iRacing. It could not hold an event called the "LeMans 24Hr", that is as it was done traditionally by them as one or two start times, but they had to negotiate a workaround to make their regular weekly/biweekly Endurance series be made up of 24 hr races over several weeks and several tracks, one of which just happened to be in France (wink), in order to stage something. The next season, iRacing reverted back to shorter endurance races...
    I would not however fear for another licensee doing the same for Daytona since it's IMSA and not WEC/ACO. Unless MSGS get a new IMSA license. WEC/ACO have a separate race to IMSA at Sebring (same race weekend in real life) so not scared for that either. I don't see issues with 6H races at Spa and Monza either, and none of those games have Bahrain or Fuji.

16. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

In 2021 they did the Creventic Series, which included a race in Le Mans with 24 hours duration.

They will do it again this year for sure.

17. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Actually, no. Creventic was run as 4 x 12 hour events in 2021 at Spa, Hockenheim, Barcelona and Sebring for GT3, GT4, TCR cars like in real life.

18. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

You are right, it wasn't the Creventic. It was the VRS Global Endurance Series. Is that a 24H Race in Le Mans or not? And you will see the same this year for sure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    vava74 likes this.
  19. vava74

vava74 Registered

Exactly, the only limitation is the name as I was pretty sure that friends of mine participated.
    iRacing just feel jilted instead of "moving on".

20. akra

akra Registered

to sell dlc no problem, for problems reported by members, no response, csl dd? JOKE!!!!!

Claude H. likes this.