Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The lock symbol top right.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. Feer9

Feer9 Registered

Since the UI update rF2 keeps "running" in steam after I close it, and the only way to fully close the game is forcing to close steam. This didn't happen before

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you played rF2 recently? The last couple of g-hub updates have caused this, and logitech gaming software (or equivalent) has always been a culprit in this (for some people, sometimes or often).

4. Feer9

Feer9 Registered

I remember logitech gaming software profiler causing me this issue some time ago, but it didn't bother anymore.
    The G-Hub update you mention, I will check that, thanks.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

Reading your post i've realised that i've had the same problem.
    I opoened rF2 in a computer and when i finished, i closed it.
    After this i've tried to open rF2 in another pc and Steam told me that rF2 was already opoened in another computer.
    I've closed Steam in the first pc and then i could open rF2 in the second one.

6. Dozer

Dozer Registered

Has anyone had issues with watching a replay? I’ve tried a couple of replays and they start and abruptly stop. When I try to exit the menu, the game locks up and I have to do a cntrl-alt-del and close the game. May be user error, not sure.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

How big was the replay and how far into it did it lock up?

8. Feer9

Feer9 Registered

It looks like this time the culprit is rFactor 2 indeed. Look at this process left behind after closing rF2
    upload_2022-1-29_4-25-25.png
    In the moment I kill it, steam recognizes the game as not running anymore. I suppose it's a recently added bug to rF2

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

No, this is the g-hub issue. Installing an older version of g-hub solves the problem.

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This has been covered for weeks, the REASON rF2 is still running is G-hub won't release it's hook(or whatever programmers call it) You can use an older version of Ghub(or no G-HUB at all) and the problem is resolved. This is also not just a problem for rF2, users of several other programs have reported the same problems. Logitech mouse, or keyboard, any Logi product that installs g-hub can have this issue. It has been active for at least two updates of g-hub. If you search, you will find many threads here and almost all end with g-hub removal(or reverting to an older version) being the solution.

11. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Small (1st World) issue, but is there a way to change out the UI "music" with something decent?
    I turned the volume off. That ambient genre is just sooooo annoying...

12. Warlock

Warlock Registered

Please, increase the "Notes" field's lenght at least to 1024 symbols.
    "Notes" box at setup screen also as Notes box at setup save screen has alot of space and ability to put long notes. But after you press the "Save" button it save only first 128 symbols and losts all other. It's extremely low and just no reason for this limit.
    Please, fix it!

13. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

So the new UI is definitely an improvement. Kudos to all who worked on it. It's great. Having said that; I just want to say. I didn't think the old UI was that bad. For me, once I learn a UI for any program, I'm really not interested in having it changed. I don't want to come across as negative. I don't want to diminish anyone's hard work who contributed to the new UI. But I must say that I would have much preferred new content such as new cars and tracks over a new UI. Can we please just call this UI the RF2 UI and can we please focus our attention on new cars, new tracks, maybe fixing the AI behavior behind safety car, things like that. RF2 does so many things so right. That is what makes the little things that it does wrong so frustrating. Thank you for the new UI. It is great! Hopefully more content, especially historic racing content, will be coming in the future. Thank you!

DaREALMastaD and Nieubermesch like this.
  14. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

That is the one, yes :)
    Before this new build, I could EASILY reach 60 fps (native refresh rate, limited to actually 59) with any number of opponents in a race on less demanding tracks, like Silverstone, and with a bit tweaking in Monaco. Now it's 41 on race start and around 55 during the race on an almost empty track. It almost doesn't matter what graphics options or resolution I choose. I can improve by 5 or 10 fps occasionally. I've tried to tweak it for hours this weekend.
    So it seems to me that it's not graphics related, but the new UI is too hungry for resources in the background.
    I love it though except for that if you close rF2 after a session, you have to click far left, and then far right, and then in the middle far below...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  15. Havner

Havner Registered

It is stretched.

Bug 9:
    Again, probably related to triple screens. My setup is as follows.
    3x27" - 1920x1080 monitors.
    In game settings:
    Width: 600
    Height 337 (16:9)
    Eye distance: 570
    Side angle: 60.0
    Bezel gap: 15
    1. Launch the game.
    2. Enter customize for any vehicle. The car will be flattened. A little, not much, maybe 5-10%. It's not immediately visible, but if you position the camera looking at side of the car and take a close look at the wheels you can see they are not round. Flattened a little. Aspect ratio is off by 5-10%
    3. Now, enter some track, drive, quit to main menu.
    4. Enter customize for vehicle again. The car is not flattened. Wheels are round. Horizontal visibility is increased. Aspect ratio is fine now.
    Let me know if you need more, I can provide screenshots.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I like the ambient track of this UI.

What would fit your taste more ? Maybe the ambient track of this UI could be moddable ?

17. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Great job with the UI. I don't have to think where to click, I can find everything in a sec. It's a real progress, and big thanks to everyone who worked on it. Though for me, I don't know why, non of the showrooms show up. Neither the cars I want to customize. Did someone experience the same?

18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Are there any games where you can change the music in the UI?

19. Havner

Havner Registered

The music is in:
    rFactor 2/Bin/Bundles/net.rfactor2.ui.framework.jar/static/framework/music/ambience_start_screen.mp3

I think jar files (which are zip files with metadata) are checked for some checksum or signature, but since there was a guy that modified the previous UI should be doable.

EDIT: I just replaced mp3 file in that zip without anything else and it worked. So have fun!

Just right click the jar file -> open with some zip program (e.g. 7zip) and replace the mp3 file. It will get overwritten with the update but the replacement is easy enough.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    Obbzy_XR_ and Warlock like this.
  20. elbo

elbo Registered

Opening a folder does not fix the glitch.