Gordon Murray does it again: GM T33 615bhp V12 Supercar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mantasisg, Jan 28, 2022.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Series of announcement videos has been released about new Gordon Murrays design:

To me it is absolutely perfection of a car, I probably like it even more than T50. It uses a lot of styling and principles that would be typical for 60s racecar, but it is has everything good of a modern car in it. It is just what perfect sports car should be in my opinion. Classy, timeless, mature, practical, sexy, fun, and I could continue with hundreds other positivity words that perfectly fits describing this beauty.

It is interesting how visually this car resembles so much of 60s racecars, yet I can not pin point of any detail to be exactly like one car that ever was. I can see Jaguar, Ferrari, Porsche, Alfa Romeo, Abarth... This car obviously has same mindset of greatest ever sports car designs in it, yet it is one and only. And it is has all the good qualities of modern car. It means it will be reliable, safe, amazingly performing, comfortable. Also supposedly cheap to service, but of course not cheap and its value will sky rocket quickly.

Of course none of the mortals will ever have it, but I think everybody benefits from idea and influence of such car existing. It is breath of fresh air in sports car industry, hopefully it spreads common sense what a fun and seriously classy and amazing car is really about, perhaps more manufacturers will create something that hits to similar paradigm and real sports car will remain a reality, and is not going to be forgotten, as it has been spoiled so much and went so wrong over last couple decades.

Sim_Player and Havner like this.
  2. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

I like him very much . He has a wonderfull car collection from the 1960 sportscar one nicer then the other . He is a Genius in design a car . Awesome personalty . One of my idols

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Like most people my age with worn out knees, I would need a lift of some sort to get both in and out of such a car.

Kelju_K and Emery like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

His collection signals very well that this man knows what a good sports car is, not that a single person ever had any doubts about it.

With that money you probably could get new knees as well.

davehenrie likes this.
  5. Emery

Emery Registered

Haven't tried getting in/out of a Triumph GT-6 since I was age 30... 29 years ago. That remains my benchmark for most difficult car for me!

6. FordGT40

FordGT40 Registered

I still think the engine is too small a 3.9 instead of the 6.1 which as more torque and to me a better sound. I guess moving with the times and all that boring stuff which may not even be true regarding fossil fuels and pollution.