Released The 2022 UI Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2022.

1. So Carto

So Carto Registered

Has anyone else not been able to get the updated yet?? I have verified the files as well and the UI looks the same as before.

2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

A lot to like. But please give us back the Swingman camera.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Make sure steam isn't in offline mode... Restart steam?

4. Havner

Havner Registered

It's still there. Works like it used to.

5. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Press the key assigned to the Instant Replay (R by default) and you can toggle between live and replay that way

It's not deleting it.

6. Havner

Havner Registered

With all due respect, please try to reproduce it and see what I mean. I know very well about instant replay. This issue is not about that and instant replay doesn't solve the UI issue here.

7. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

First impressions, a big improvement. Feels a pleasure to use and intuitive, especially over the previous 2 versions. This does leave me feeling optimistic about the future of rF2

Elcid43 likes this.
  8. Tomislav Leskovic

With all due respect, take your on advice and try what I've said (just press the whatever key is assigned to the replay), then come back and let me know.

9. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Thx buddy!

lagg likes this.
  10. Havner

Havner Registered

Dude, did you just read what I wrote? I know what 'r' (instant replay) does, I use it, I know about it. I reported a bug in the UI. It's unrelated to instant replay and whether instant replay works or even exists doesn't change the fact that the session replay UI can get bugged the way I described.

11. Tomislav Leskovic

Just because something is not working the way you (and to be honest I think in this case that using scrollbar should automatically revert you to replay mode if in live) that doesn't mean that it's a bug. The way I see it, they just implemented it differently, but that doesn't mean that it's a bug. Anyways, my point was to let you know that you can have a solution to watch replay from UI, but since you already are aware of it, nothing left for me to say

12. Havner

Havner Registered

You haven't tried to reproduce it, did you? It is a bug. The scrollbar works, you hit ESC, it stops working. You go back to drive, return to session replay and the scrollbar works again. If a scrollbar that's controlling time moves with a mouse, but doesn't control the time it is supposed to it is a bug. This bug did not exist in the old-old UI. And I don't need Instant Replay to workaround this issue. But still it doesn't mean it works as it should.

13. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

What a joy to use! Thank you Studio 397.

14. Tomislav Leskovic

I did, a couple of times. And still can say following, after you press escape, you're switched to Live (it says that as well). Moving seek bar at that moment does nothing, it doesn't switch to replay mode, thus scrolling back in time does nothing. But pressing R from there (have you tried it ?), switches back to "replay" mode, and guess what, scrollbar works again (you don't have to go drive again to switch to "replay" mode). Pressing "R" or ESC again switches to live mode and again seek bar is not working. From the comments you are making, I don't think you pressed the R while not driving.

15. Havner

Havner Registered

Yes, I did not press it in the replay window, only while driving. I see what you mean, but the bug is still there.
    1. If the scrollbar should not work in *Live* it should be greyed out and disabled. But I don't think that was the intention, because:
    2. If you move the scrollbar to far right it switches to *Live* as well. Only then you don't have to press any 'r'. You can scroll the bar back and move it out of *Live* and it works properly. Only when you press ESC it bugs out and 'r' or drive is required then.
    3. You could move it out of *Live* even after hitting ESC in the old-old UI.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  16. pedro ramada

pedro ramada Registered

Hello all..

First of all... a BIG BIG THANK YOU to S397... the new UI is a blast... beautiful, clean, and very Pro :D!!

One request from my part that i think could be an improvement and probably something easy to implement!

It's been like this for a long time now which is the scroll movement of any page!

My idea is... why not be possible to click and "grab" the little rectagle in any page that has scroll and then be able to go up and down and also can move a bit more to left or right with the mouse without the scroll movement stoping? I know that we can roll to scroll up or down in a page but if we click and maintain the left button and we go left or right of that "line" where the scroll line is the movement up or down in the page stops! This can be improved for sure! ;)

Thanks again! Great UI!!

zaphman likes this.
  17. denharingrp

denharingrp Registered

Thanks Tim!

Rfactor 2 & Steam was already installed on the C: drive.
    I reinstalled Steam, it take`s some time.

After the reinstalled Steam, and the game-file`s, i did check 'F-sure Deepguard'.
    It was not disabled.

I`v tested the startup and update.

It `s working now.

Gr.
    Remco

18. Tomislav Leskovic

Question about UI and watching live or replay in full screen. When can we expect to have a fix for fps drop when top overlay (especially this one) and/or bottom overlay is visible. I have about 60+ fps drop with both of them visible (tested only on Portland with USF2000 but still that's a lot of fps loss).

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I haven't kept track with the names, but there have been several posts about the sim hanging on a black screen. Not very many, but there ARE some of you.

20. Tomislav Leskovic

Are you on the release branch? Be sure to opt out of any betas (if you are on any).